• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pink vs Lemons = bad time? Megaman MU halp

c4ll me co4ch

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
4227-4093-1228
So I'm a fairly new player in Sm4sh, but I've been playing mostly FG. However, I started today playing some friendlies in Anther's just to see where I'm at against people who want to be good at SSB, and played a bo3 against a Megamain (1 as Jigg and 1 as CF). I don't think I got within 4 Marios of the Megaman as jiggly unless he was running at me to Fair me. The hitstun on his lemons meant I could barely stay airborn to get near him, and on top of that he kept throwing his Metal blade at me so I also had that to deal with. I guess I could have ducked more but that seems to be a very suboptimal strategy, as then only rolling can get me close which gets exploited.

Advice on the matchup would be greatly appreciated :D

Last edited:

Jiggly

Drop the mic, cause these fools sleeping on me
The FBI Surveillance Van outside your house.
NNID
Jiggly101
So I'm a fairly new player in Sm4sh, but I've been playing mostly FG. However, I started today playing some friendlies in Anther's just to see where I'm at against people who want to be good at SSB, and played a bo3 against a Megamain (1 as Jigg and 1 as CF). I don't think I got within 4 Marios of the Megaman as jiggly unless he was running at me to Fair me. The hitstun on his lemons meant I could barely stay airborn to get near him, and on top of that he kept throwing his Metal blade at me so I also had that to deal with. I guess I could have ducked more but that seems to be a very suboptimal strategy, as then only rolling can get me close which gets exploited.

Advice on the matchup would be greatly appreciated :D
Lemons: duck them, and they can't do ****
Blade: Dash attack or fair it.
Sticky bomb: Duck, Fair, Dash attack
Fair: Retreat then Fair punish, Or shield and punish.

drakeirving

Smash Journeyman
MM loves that Metal Blade - Crash Bomber "mixup".
You can duck, jump, or (power)shield Crash Bomber. You can turn to mindgames with Crash Bomber by getting stuck when close up and considering rolling into MM or running up and shielding the blast, but this is mostly in MM's favor and a decent MM will try to punish you rolling into them. If you do get stuck, you can't be acting until the last moment or you will get grabbed, smashed, etc.

You should be picking up Metal Blade literally every single time. Its grabbox is huge and you can airdodge, aerial, dash attack etc into it to pick it up. Not only does it disable MM from throwing another one, you now have a projectile and it easily combos into Rest on hit. Now that I'm thinking about it a SH bair into shield followed by throwing the Metal Blade gives you a great option select of using Pound if they stay in shield for what seems to be (13+3+3+31) a guaranteed shield break, or the opportunity for a Rest if they drop shield and get hit by the Blade.

Good aerial lemon use is the proper method to counteract Jiggs because it stops aerial momentum and MM has more than enough vertical momentum to cover you in the air. Yes, it can turn into a ground game at that point. You can, however, just sit out of range doing nothing until they give you a Metal Blade or approach themselves, since all they can do is spam Crash Bomber otherwise.

Also his dash attack is super unsafe on shield so uh Rest that free.

Last edited:

ZeroJanitor

Smash Ace
Slippi.gg
ZJ#732
NNID
ZeroJanitor
Switch FC
SW-3025-9002-7252
Absolutely try to catch his Metal Blades. That's good advice with any character but especially Jigglypuff since you now have a projectile of your own.

The most effective way to win this matchup is to play duck-and-shield in neutral, and punishing whatever you can. Fighting him in the air can be tricky because of the lemons but try to get him from underneath if you can; he lacks any really quick options for fighting below him. You'd also be surprised what nair and fair can eat through, so try those if you're in a pinch. This is common knowledge but if you're caught in his Air Shooter, DO NOT JUMP.

Darklink401

Smash Master
NNID
Yuki_Hirako
3DS FC
0731-5318-2530
Lol I just spam fairs for approaching, since they cancel metal blade, bomb, and lemons (and even catches metal blade), and they can't do sh*t, except if they catch on, and start spamming bairs, since that's the only thing that Jiggly has issues with, due to the raw priority of it.

But Megamans are super easy if you just go in with a bunch of retreating fairs, as well as advancing fairs if you see they aren't using their shield too much.

Top Bottom