• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pillaring Question

Jackson

Smash Lord
So, I hear pillaring is Falco's bread and butter combo. I know that it involves shine to dair, and then repeat if possible. My question is, are you supposed to shffl or full hop and then fast fall the dair? In training mode i've been trying it and i have trouble landing the shffl dair, so I usually opt for the full hop. Is this ok? Does it matter? Is it character dependent?

Thanks guys.

Lizalfos

Smash Master
Very character dependent. If it is a falco/other heavy spacie you can prolly do the shffl. For floaties or even Marth at higher percents you may have to use weak dairs. U-air is also good for extending pillars on floaties at high %.

Jackson

Smash Lord
Very character dependent. If it is a falco/other heavy spacie you can prolly do the shffl. For floaties or even Marth at higher percents you may have to use weak dairs. U-air is also good for extending pillars on floaties at high %.
Good stuff, thanks. I'll just have to work on it.

Top Bottom