• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pikmin Stage, What is the Best Candidate?

Rhubarbo

Smash Champion
In the original Pikmin, the player had to guide our littl buddy Olimar through the Impact Site the first day he crash landed. As the game progressed, you visited more areas such as the Distant Spring, Forest Navel and The Forest of Hope. After achieving your objective of collecting ALL the parts for our buddies ship, you arrived in the Final Trial area.

My question is, which of these areas will be Olimar's stage for Smash? In Pikmin 2, all the levels were layed out the exact same, but totally different in concept and object layout (they weren't lazy, that idea was merely there for nostalgic purposes). The names for Pikmin 2 escape me now, so please tell me them.

Since most series are getting repped by 2 stages, I assume Pikmin will get that much representation. The most likely two stages are Impact Site (Pikmin) and Final Trial (Pikmin 2 name and layout).

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
Valley of Repose, from Pikmin 2 (That was the first area, if Im not mistaken) I loved the snow in it, and just the area overall, no idea how it should work, I just think it should be there.

Mattnumbers

Smash Master
I was thinking something in one of the forest levels, but after a while you fall into a cave. Maybe some pikmin creatures appear at different times.

Camera_Guy

Smash Journeyman
Whichever stage it is, it has to have the onions in the back ground. If several recognizable creatures were to show up, that would be awesome. Like bulborbs, blowhogs, etc. It would also be cool if random pikmin attacked these creatures and brought them to the onions. If louie was in the background managing those random pikmin, that would be awesome.

It would be as interesting as watching everything that happens Fox's stage.

Personally, I can't think of any cool gimmicks like the Ice Climbers' stage has

Revone

Smash Rookie
Brawl seems to like the idea of cycles... and both pikmin games have day and night cycles. I'd imagine there being two levels. One small fairly standard one with day and night cycles. When darkness comes, the level gets swarmed by bugs, possibly ones that can take quite a beating. The second level would not have the cycle, but generally be one of the larger ones, and have some timed electric gates, a small pond (swim by repeatedly jumping? stay under too long and you drown) and some fire jets. Generally the maps will look like a forest floor, so everyone is on Olimar's scale. Another idea was that the smaller level had a large box/platform that players could move back and forth by running into it, like some of the boxes in the pikmin games that you had to move.

Top Bottom