• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pikmin & Olimar in Multiplayer

Camera_Guy

Smash Journeyman
We've all seen his movesets and have thought about how we can use them. He does seem great on one-on-one matches, but we need to think about how to manage our platoon evenly amongst three enemies and for defending ourselves.

Camera_Guy

Smash Journeyman
Olimar needs pikmin to do most attacks, there are 3 other people on the stage trying to kill him. We can't just throw Pikmin at all of them, Olimar may need to keep most of his Pikmins with him.

Question is: what is the proper way to fight multiple enemies with Olimar, while keeping your Pikmin in check, and making sure to have a way to defend yourself?

Meta_Sonic64

Smash Master
Throw the others such as red, white, and yellow. As they do fire dmg and etc. you can use the blue and purple to do the final blow since they are the strong ones. Also be sure to not throw all of them as you will need 1 to do smash attacks.

Pyr0

Smash Ace
Pluck one Pikmin real fast and just spam smash attacks (less laggy ones) and hold your own as if you were playing... Mario?

If you get a little breathing room, pluck another Pikmin and so on (with each Pikmin extra making it easier to get another)

Once you have all 6, you can then use the Pikmin as crowd controllers, and just target the weak opponents.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
On ething is, I dont think all 3 players will gang up on you just because youre Olimar. Plucking Pikmin in this scenario might be a little more difficult, but he plucks them so fast I wouldnt worry about it.

One thing to do, is if you pluck a Red or Purple, dont throw it, just use it for smashes etc. Whites, Yellows, and Blues should be hurled at the nearest enemy, and maybe, if you see an open opportunity, hurl a purple at a high damaged enemy. I forsee high knockback.

Top Bottom