• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pikmin can Carry Items to you now.

domokl

Smash Lord
This is so awesome and will make olimar more viable in ffa!

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
Diddy Kong, cry your heart out.

Kamikazek

Smash Lord
I wonder what the weight limit is? I'm guessing only handheld items. I'd love to see a pikmin lifting Wario's chopper like a boss though. Maybe purple pikmin can?

PixelPasta

Smash Lord
Finally; I've been waiting for this! Pikmin can finally use their skill from the games!

TechPowah

Smash Ace
Switch FC
1951-3245-1423
Time for me to be the obligatory person wondering if Olimar Kirby can also do this, now. Probably not though, considering any Pikmin Olimar Kirby throws immediately ghosts out after they hit the ground.

VictoryIsMudkipz

Smash Journeyman
Oh my god, this may be the most impressive buff to any character in my opinion jesus...
Being a Diddy main in Brawl, I cringe at the thought of how much it walls some of the strategies of Diddy mains

Master Morrison

Smash Cadet
This is amazing
But sadly I don't see any competitive use outside of diddy and or maybe rob
But imagine this happening if olimar still had 6 pikmin lol in a frantic FFA

egaddmario

Smash Champion
NNID
egaddmario
3DS FC
0946-2409-3627
I love how everyone is super excited for the Diddy match-up now.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Hah, implying Banana to Grab combos is something Olimar is going to like. :smirk: As well as Diddy having like, 1.5 x the range on his normal moves.

Please continue...

Please continue. :evil:

ToothiestAura

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4527-8092-0589
Watch the Pikmin try to pick up the bananas and just trip. I actually want this to happen. **** matchups, I'm here for comedy.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Will the Pikmin even use the Bananas reliably you guys should ask? I doubt the Pikmin will be more of a trouble for Diddy than Nana was in Brawl.

And Nana was hardly a problem. :smirk:

Ghirahilda

♥Smash Beauty♥
NNID
Marcelinho21
Well.. but how does this work? How Olimar picks the item that Pikmin's holding and how the Pikmin releases it?

I imagined using Fspecial with a Pikmin with a Bob-Omb on hand.

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
This is one of those details that changes how a character plays, gives them another unique attribute, and really makes it feel as if we are playing them in their universe, rather than a smash style version of them.
Love it.

That seems cool and all, but it does not seem to be that way if the item is a Bomb-omb that is about to explode.
Throw Pikmin to Bomb
Have them bring it to you
Keep Opponent in the Pikmins Trail
Pikmin walks into opponent with Bomb

Aguki90

Smash Ace
NNID
Aguki900
3DS FC
2423-2759-1478
Not eve Rosalina can pick all items with this new pikmin ability.

Heck, the pikmin are soo powerful. They could fully grab a hococate Bomb and bring to olimar safe and sound, that wasn't even purple.

Aguki90

Smash Ace
NNID
Aguki900
3DS FC
2423-2759-1478
I... I cannot understand what this is to communicate.
Rosalina Dspecial use gravity pull and pull all the items close to her.

But Olimar Pikmin can Hold the items they found in the battlefield is just left behind, when they come over you, they drop front on you to use it.

There similar effects 'Pull items close to you'. I can only hear Diddy Kong crying in the corner.

Ragna22

Smash Ace
Looks like Diddy is going to have trouble against Olimar, though if this turns out to be something that the Pikmin automatically decide to do then that'll probably hurt Olimar more than it helps him depending on the situation, hopefully they make it like the Pikmin games where you just gotta throw them to an item to pick it up, which reminds me, I think it'd be a nice touch if they made it so you have to send two or all three Pikmin to pick up heavier items like the boxes and barrels, it wouldn't be very useful during battle yeah I understand but it'd just be a nice little nod to the series' game mechanics.

Skyfox2000

War it never changes...
NNID
Skyfox2000
I wonder if the Pikmin is going to Correspond with heavy objects. Like can ordinary Pikmin Pick up Crates and stuff.

Looks like Diddy is going to have trouble against Olimar, though if this turns out to be something that the Pikmin automatically decide to do then that'll probably hurt Olimar more than it helps him depending on the situation, hopefully they make it like the Pikmin games where you just gotta throw them to an item to pick it up, which reminds me, I think it'd be a nice touch if they made it so you have to send two or all three Pikmin to pick up heavier items like the boxes and barrels, it wouldn't be very useful during battle yeah I understand but it'd just be a nice little nod to the series' game mechanics.
I can see that being a Problem with Diddy Mains like the Peanut Popgun and the Bananas.

There's going to a downside to this new feature. Imagine bringing a Gooey Bomb or a Bom-Omb back to Olimar. Or bringing one of Snake's Grenades back.

Ragna22

Smash Ace
I wonder if the Pikmin is going to Correspond with heavy objects. Like can ordinary Pikmin Pick up Crates and stuff.

I can see that being a Problem with Diddy Mains like the Peanut Popgun and the Bananas.

There's going to a downside to this new feature. Imagine bringing a Gooey Bomb or a Bom-Omb back to Olimar. Or bringing one of Snake's Grenades back.
I think it's just going to be something that happens if you toss a Pikmin near an item because if not then there's gonna be times where you swear you had three Pikmin but you only see two and you're freaking out wondering where the other one went because you can't pluck another one out so I highly doubt it'll be automatic for this and the example you gave with the bombs, then again I'd imagine if you did send a Pikmin to get a bomb it wouldn't count it as active until Olimar picks it up and if Snake does happen to come back those grenades detonate quick so I don't even think the Pikmin can get to it in time before it blows up.

A Lucky Person

Smash Journeyman
NNID
aLuckyPerson
3DS FC
4914-3160-6884
This is so cool! As a Pikmin fan it's amazing to see a staple part of the series being implemented well like this.

I can't wait to get some bananas! :awesome:

Master Shuckle

Master of Defense
NNID
Master-Shuckle
3DS FC
3196-4660-1846
My main, has gotten even cooler! I cannot wait to stream the game midnight before the game comes out. This will be the first thing I test out!

Master Shuckle

Master of Defense
NNID
Master-Shuckle
3DS FC
3196-4660-1846
I can now die in peace, Thank you Nintendo, keeping the universes in balance... Now i can hope for a Rock Pikmin Shield, or the return of the Flinch Whistle...only a pipe dream now.

LunarDistortion

Lord of the Nigelchu's
NNID
Lunar_Distortion
3DS FC
4639-9294-0127
Switch FC
SW-4041-3028-0448
That's a really cool feature! I never thought of that.

Skyfox2000

War it never changes...
NNID
Skyfox2000
I can now die in peace, Thank you Nintendo, keeping the universes in balance... Now i can hope for a Rock Pikmin Shield, or the return of the Flinch Whistle...only a pipe dream now.
Rock Pikmin may be apart of his Custom Moves.

Top Bottom