• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pikmim Order (Whistle)

Xarias

Smash Journeyman
Ok, so besides the brief description on the Dojo, has anyone really thought of what the whistle can do?

It says that Pikmin can become separated from Olimar, but not how. Everyone is assuming that maybe they just wander off on their own sometimes, or your opponents attack them and they get knocked away. Well, I'm gonna propose a different idea.

Say you throw a Pikmin, and you miss. What happens then? If you didn't throw it into oblivion, then it probably gets up off the ground and either stands there or just walks around. You'd then whistle and call it back, naturally. I'm fairly sure there is a maximum distance that your whistle can reach, so if the stage is too big, they won't come to you. Also, they probably can't get across big gaps or jump to higher platforms, so you'd have to be on level ground in order for them to return to you.

Now, here's my idea: Pikmin can only get 'separated' from Olimar on 3 occasions.

1. When you throw a Pikmin and miss.
  2. When you throw a Pikmin and it latches onto an opponent, and the opponent eventually shakes it off.
  3. If any Pikmin are lingering on the stage when Olimar dies.

At all other times, the Pikmin are bound to Olimar, and can't be attacked in any fashion.

So, when your Pikmin are lost, you just whistle. But that's not all. I also think you can whistle to call back any Pikmin that are latched onto opponents.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
Makes esne to me. Hopefuly youre right and they CANT be attacked while theyre with Olimar, but I doubt it.

Itakio

Smash Journeyman
I think they might get separated if Olimar gets hit away so far/fast that the Pikmin can't keep up, but then I wouldn't know how the Pikmin Chain would work. Also, you don't need to be on even ground, this picture proves it:

As you can see, they are still in formation but they seem to be "floating" or something. Also, I think Pikmin will be able to be attacked at all times. Why would following Olimar around grant them immunity to anything?

OnyxVulpine

Smash Champion
A little like the Ice Climbers, they just follow around meaninglessly until used. But they can be attacked I think just like the Ice Climbers. I mean most of the IC's attacks and moves need or are better with both of them but they still let the other IC get pwnt.

-Onyx

Torchik

Smash Ace
Another possibility, what if Pikmin can't jump that high? For instance, the purple pikmin mightnot be able to jump as high as Olimar. On stages like Hyrule, where you need to use big jumps (to get from the basement back to the top), what if your Pikmin get stuck down there? This might be another use for the whistle. I really hope they can jump as high as Olimar.

Top Bottom