• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pikezers/Nebulons BRAWL EX PACKS > Wii U < and > Wii < INSTALLATION TUTORIAL

6arrett

Smash Rookie
I know this is completely separate from Project M, but I felt it best to be placed here.
Also, this thread was originally me asking for someone to make me a tutorial but I figured it out. So I decided to turn it into a tutorial for anyone else who might need it. If i can make it better, feel free to suggest things. Feel free to move it to a better section as well.

FIRST: PIKEZERS PACK IS BASED OFF OF NEBULONS BRAWL 4 ALL PACK: (https://www.mediafire.com/folder/4b8t0pd4nuri6/Brawl_4_All)
Nebulons Pack is a more stable pack with less freezing.

IMPORTANT: ACCORDING TO ITS CREATOR YOU HAVE TO EXIT OUT OF THE CHARACTER SELECTION SCREEN AFTER EACH MATCH TO PREVENT FREEZING.

To Install Pikezers Brawl Ex pack 4.4.1:
DOWNLOAD LINK:
http://www.mediafire.com/download/dlrdlazp8dqi3dq/4.4.1.zip
Pikezers Brawl Vault:
http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?ByUserID=18869&Moderated=All
Pikezers Pack Video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=49MYbK7hlT0

What you Need:
-a 2 gb SD card (not SDHC).
-a Wii U or Wii (everything is the same)
-Super Smash Bros Brawl
-a computer that can read an SD card.

1. Install home brew to your Wii U:
a. Download Smash Stack http://wiibrew.org/w/images/4/4e/Smashstack.zip
b. Download HackMii :
http://bootmii.org/get.php?file=hac...&key=41d269634055365c7b630d7593e6744c0d66a2bf
c. Extract both files to desktop.
d. Copy PRIVATE file from Smash stack into 2GB SD card. (make sure you format SD card with FAT32 first)
e. Copy BOOT.ELF file from hackmii installer into 2GB SD card (thats all youll need).
f. Go into WII MENU from your wii U (or just stay at the wii menu if your on a wii.)
g. Put in Super Smash Brothers Brawl.
h. Start super smash Brothers brawl and go to vault > stage builder > DELETE ALL CUSTOM STAGES
i. Exit super smash brothers brawl and go back to the Wii menu
j. Put in SD card. (DO NOT PUT SD CARD IN UNTIL YOU'RE AT THE WII MENU)
k. Start super smash brothers brawl again
l. Go to stage builder.
m. Wait for it...
n. Click install home brew and when it is finished, exit back to wii menu.
o. Take out SD card if home brew installed successfully.

2. Installing Pikezers Brawl Ex pack 4.4.1 OR Nebulons BRawl 4 All pack:
a. Download the pack from link above.
b. Format SD card with FAT32
c. Extract all files to desktop
d. Copy all files to SD card.
e. Go to Wii Menu on Wii U (Put in SD card once you're at Wii Menu)
f. Go to homebrew channel
g. Click on Gecko OS (it comes with the Pack downloads)
h. Click Launch Game.

Last edited:

Ershrek

Smash Rookie
NNID
Erickwasherelol
3DS FC
3995-7011-5351
nothing ive tried is working. I followed instructions word for word and homebrew is blank. Gecko doesnt show up either. My sd card is 2gb. I even tried converting the .elf to dol. files and nothing. Should I redownload everything again? (I downloaded pikezers mod because the other one didnt show up)

Sonicjamareiz

Smash Apprentice
do I absolutely need to use fat32 format or can I just delete all files of my sd card manually?

Shieldlesscap

Smash Apprentice
I can't find a 2GB SD card with FAT32, only a 2GB with FAT16 and a 4 GB with FAT32. Can any non sdhc work?

Shieldlesscap

Smash Apprentice
Homebrew installed fine on my wii using an old power saves, but I'm just wondering MUST the SD card be FAT32? I can find a FAT16 2GB and a FAT32 4GB, but not both. Or does FAT 32 just mean not an sdhc?

randomguy2730

Smash Cadet
NNID
guyOFrndm
Homebrew installed fine on my wii using an old power saves, but I'm just wondering MUST the SD card be FAT32? I can find a FAT16 2GB and a FAT32 4GB, but not both. Or does FAT 32 just mean not an sdhc?
Any SD card has a base "Format." It does not refer to whether it is 2GB or SDHC, but an aspect programmed into the card. There are many different ones, but some people recommend (for Brawlex and other mods/hacks) FAT32.

I, however, would not say that it is mandatory to format to FAT32 or whatever it may be. I say this because I have had no problem with loading the Brawlex pack without having formatted. (Of course, I still needed to exit the CSS with Pikezers after every match...) This means that you can now go on with your Brawl modding/hacking without having to worry about the SD card's format.

However, in order to run Brawlex packs (with Gecko), you need a 2GB non-SDHC card (a regular SD). (Or so I have heard numerous times and tested).

The format of the SD card can be changed by the following steps: (Windows)
- Right click the SD card in the File Explorer and look for the line that says "Format..."
- The click that and another window should pop up
- Choose the desired format (FAT16, FAT32...etc...)
- And then wait on the process to be finished
Now, the question remains, "Should I or do I need to format the SD card?"

Last edited:

Ninjacklaker

Smash Rookie
When I go to Gecko OS and press launch game, it just goes to the normal smash. I already have 4.41 and Gecko OS in the SD card but I cant get to Pikezer's brawlex pack. PLEASE HELP.

randomguy2730

Smash Cadet
NNID
guyOFrndm
When I go to Gecko OS and press launch game, it just goes to the normal smash. I already have 4.41 and Gecko OS in the SD card but I cant get to Pikezer's brawlex pack. PLEASE HELP.
Do you have the correct files placed in the correct locations on the SD card?
Like, extracted the files to the root of the SD card from the Pikezer's pack .zip or .rar? Do not place the files in their own folder. Please provide a layout of the SD card and the layout.
Oh, and I assume you are using a non-SDHC card, but a regular 2GB SD card...

mbagwu

Smash Rookie
Are any codes involved because I'm using rsbe01 idk if we use it or not, if not how do I delete codes folder?

SmashBrosFighter

Smash Rookie
Brawl 4 All appears to have been deleted by its original creator. Does anybody have the LATEST UNMODED release of Brawl 4 All? If so, please upload to Mega or Mediafire and post the download link here. Thanks.

Top Bottom