• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pika's u-air spike?

CanISmash

Smash Lord
Elmont LI, Queens. Philadelphia during semesters.
this holds alot of pika's success... can anyone explain it. im not sure how to pull it off... there are times i think i have a feel for it with the spacing and distant but instead i just juggled the opponent straight up and other times they go flying back. is there a specific spot i should aim for when doing u-air? and if anyone wants to throw in any other pika tips while there at it go ahead. i use to main pikachu non-advanced techniques so i just wanna re-visit my old pal.:laugh:

Anther

Smash Champion
Mostly you just want to practice it a lot so you get a good feel for it.
The more you do it the clearer the picture of what you need to hit with to get the spike becomes. I could be more specific but I'm sure someone else'll come in and clean up XD.

FrostByte

Smash Lord
Imagine Pikachu's tail as a clock (facing right). 6-10 would be lifting your opponent up, 10 to 2 would be the tailspike, (10 to 12 being reverse) and 2 to the end would be the back sending hitbox, from my experience.

Top Bottom