• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pikachu's thunder is 1 frame?

Insightful

Smash Cadet
Okay so when you say one frame.. You're basically saying that it's super fast. Like it's the fastest frame possible, correct? So my question is, why can you avoid getting hit by it after you're in the air?

Rebel13

Banned via Warnings
The imput comes out frame 1, so even if your hit after frame one the lightning still comes out, unlike other moves where if you get interrupted you don't get the hitbox. The actual lightning effect of thunder comes out much later, usually hitting sometime around frames 30-50 (depending on height). The frame one use is usually only helpful for breaking grab confirms, like aerials or jabs into grabs.

(only know this cause a friend of mine mains pikachu)

Shaymin slicker

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Shadowshaymin
3DS FC
1547-5202-1903
I think the bolt actually comes out in later frames, like the guy above me said, the attack has such a quick start, so quick that if you get hit while using thunder the bolt will still come out.

Coro_

Smash Apprentice
Basically the thundercloud spawns on frame 1, but the bolt takes time to travel down towards pikachu, so yep

Top Bottom