• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pikachu's SH into D-Air and F-Air? (Question)

Insightful

Smash Cadet
I was watching one of Esam's matches and I realized that he has this thing that he does with his down air. He manages to short hop and then down air with no landing lag, what exactly are the inputs to do this without failure?

Also for his forward air, I'd also like to know the inputs that people use to do it because I can do it but I fail it most of the time.

Pretty much just wanna know the inputs. I usually use the C-Stick for SH into F-Air and as for the SH into D-Air, I have no idea how to do it without stomping?

Thanks guys, just looking for some insight as usually so I can understand better and don't waste my time doing the wrong thing :D

Emuchu

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Emuchu
3DS FC
2320-6462-6471
Short-Hop Fair and Dair Auto-Cancel, or SH Fair AC and SH Dair AC in shorthand, are actually really simple: you just have to short hop and buffer your Fair or Dair during Pika's jump-squat animation so that it starts as soon as possible. As far as inputs go, I do this by rolling my thumb across X (jump) and A (attack). Try going into training mode and simply holding forward or down while practicing that X-A slide input. You can also do it with right stick attack or tap jump, but I have the greatest consistency pressing both inputs with the same finger in the same motion. Also! Make sure you don't fast-fall.

Insightful

Smash Cadet
Short-Hop Fair and Dair Auto-Cancel, or SH Fair AC and SH Dair AC in shorthand, are actually really simple: you just have to short hop and buffer your Fair or Dair during Pika's jump-squat animation so that it starts as soon as possible. As far as inputs go, I do this by rolling my thumb across X (jump) and A (attack). Try going into training mode and simply holding forward or down while practicing that X-A slide input. You can also do it with right stick attack or tap jump, but I have the greatest consistency pressing both inputs with the same finger in the same motion. Also! Make sure you don't fast-fall.
I find that when I use X A for the Dair, whole running towards an enemy, I always do a Nair instead of dair.. Am I doing something wrong?

As for fair, I just have to practice & adjust

Last edited:

Emuchu

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Emuchu
3DS FC
2320-6462-6471
I find that when I use X A for the Dair, whole running towards an enemy, I always do a Nair instead of dair.. Am I doing something wrong?

As for fair, I just have to practice & adjust
Yes. Make sure you press down before or as you press A. I actually input the running SH Dair AC in a fight as Dash > Down + X ~ A, that is, I press down as I'm jumping. Pikachu will carry his forward momentum as he jumps, even if you press down a little early, so you don't have to be perfect with the input.

Jenna Zant

Smash Journeyman
I use tap jump, so I just press up and down on the left stick and the c stick at the same time, and that works for me, like, 98% of the time.

Top Bottom