• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pikachu's ridiculous thunder.

firexemblemxpryde

Smash Lord
Okay guys, his thunder got better, but it's still punishable...
For starters, to hit with the base you have to limit your horizontal movement before the move, no? That means either staying still or jumping around. A good player will dodge your stick-thunder and punish you. Like, no doubt. If you're far away enough, though, it's still a viable move, especially for those trying to reach you by coming from above.

Tagxy

Smash Lord
I'm sure there's a way to do it without the c-stick, but having special mapped to thunder and then using a backwards thunder will majorly screw them up if you don't spam it, because you're momentum doesnt change until literally the last second. It's really unpunishable too because by the time the thunder clears, you're able to move around. Usually they end up coming in for the attack and getting hit by the thunder or rolling into it.

Arashi

Smash Cadet
I've been able to do pretty well with Pikachu, but I haven't been able to land many thunder attacks. When I do manage to land thunder attacks, however, they usually don't do very much damage or supply much knockback.

Starizzle

Smash Apprentice
Pikachu's thunder= too cheap

eveeerrrytime i see pikachu on wifi they alllllways spam with thunder @-@ its a bit annoying if u ask me

cheesehead4389

Smash Rookie
i played a lot of people as pikachu and using thunder in my combos made me practically unbeatable. there was one strategy that beat me which was using lucas or ness and using their down b to absorb the thunder while in the air. it made me much less likely to use thunder because i didn't want to just give them free health. it doesn't punish pikachu by any means but it'll make a pikachu user think twice before using thunder in a combo

Christova

Smash Cadet
It seems like pika's thunder comes down faster than it did in Melee. Pika is my third main and I feel like the reduced lag of his attacks more than makes up for their decrease in percentage damage.

Top Bottom