• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pikachu's recovery trick...

Sir Roy

Smash Journeyman
How the heck do you do it?

The question here is this. I've been recently trying to train up my Pika to help round out my Roy, but when I watch Videos, I see people using Pika's recovery to edgeguard. In particular, I'm talking about when Pika walks away from the edge , uses up+b to go back to the edge and instantly grab it. They only use half of Quick attack to do this.

Whenever I try it, Pika just falls off the edge and dies....so how do you do this?

Anther

Smash Champion
Aah, teh legendary QuickHog... First just practice sweet-spotting the edge at a normal diagonal angle off the ledge. Because you have to get used to pressing diagonally down, and then letting go of the control stick before Pikachu passes the ledge and falls to his doom. If you hold the stick down, you'll just zip right past the ledge.. which is probably what's happening with you.

But yeah, practice getting used to the timing in which you have to let go of the control stick... otherwise you'll have a problem with getting quick attack to cancel out :B

And... You have to use both parts of quick attack to get off the ledge and then turn around and grab it o.o.

pikachun00b7

Smash Lord
Go to 1.5-3 Pika wavedashes from the edge. You can face towards or opposite of the ledge, so don't turn around ever! Use the first up b towards the ledge then go diagonally down towards the edge. It can be risky, though, but very very sexy!

Scissors Sir

Smash Ace
Once you have the timing for it, the only risky part is beatin the opponent to the ledge.

U won't worry much about SD's from completely missing the ledge after awhile.

If you're havin trouble letting go of the control stick in time u can try aiming the second part of the quick attack slightly different

If u can get the control stick in between foward and diagonal forward it will work also

It's a slight angle u have to get used to hitting.

Either method works though

If you need any more help feel free to post again and thank you for choosing pika!

Lol

Top Bottom