• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pikachu's hats

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
What hats will Pikachu have in this game?

CrusherMania1592

Deaf Smasher
Premium
3DS FC
5472-7454-3545
Probably, yes. I do wish they give him more colors instead of the same four in every game.

Red -Ash/Red's hat
Blue -Pichu's goggles
Green -Party hat from Melee/64

And maybe just to spice it...

Purple - bowtie? Lol
Black - bandanna

Mizuxe

Smash Cadet
I hope if anything they keep the classic blue party hat. I've used that on Pikachu ever since Super Smash Bros for N64.

yoonb

Smash Journeyman
I prefer they keep the green bandanna. That was my favorite Pikachu alt. color of all time. Please, Sakurai. :D

Aura Guardian

Smash Rookie
Pikachu's outfits should be-

Red: Ash's Kalos Hat
Blue: Pichu's goggles
Green: Return of Hoenn Headband
??? - IDK

Drazile

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
3797-5765-7295
The red alt could be shiny.
Nevermind, it already is.

Last edited:

Tabernacle

Smash Rookie
Jukebox Pikachu would be pimpin' as hell.

Alternatively you could just give him a flimsy fedora for the novelty. and a damn fine neck beard

Maikou

Smash Ace
Pikachu needs girl accesories
um, no. Smash Pika is Ash's Pika, who is a boy. so no. and ask me for proof if you must. actually, if you don't believe me go to Pokemonepisode.org and go through the diamond and Pearl seasons until you get to: Episode 610: Where no Togepi has gone before!
or, look up Ash's Pikachu on Bulbapedia, the most reliable source of Pokemon info on the internet.
or look up Pikachu's gender differences. you can clearly see that female Pikachu have heart-like shapes on their tails where males are a perfect lightning bolt.
no matter how you look at it the Smash Pikachu is a male, so leave the girl accesories for Jiggs over there *points to Jigglypuff*
Would love to see this as pikachus red alt,

i'm kind of sick of the hats to be honest :/
I'd prefer to keep Pikachu's token of ownership (Ash's hat), but that would work for Pichu!
1: Daw!
2: daw, poor pikachu....the things he goes through with these crazy people....
3: .......eep...
The goggles gotta comeback
YES!
i think itd be pretty cool if he got ash's squirtle or krookodile's sunglasses

how about we give Squirtle his sunglasses, and consider Krookadile's very carefully....he does become rather insecure without them.....
Probably, yes. I do wish they give him more colors instead of the same four in every game.

Red -Ash/Red's hat
Blue -Pichu's goggles
Green -Party hat from Melee/64

And maybe just to spice it...

Purple - bowtie? Lol
Black - bandanna
nah, Purple: Bandana
Black: Top hat
Alternative Blue: Pika's Jukebox outfit
Green: Bow Tie. because Bow Ties are cool and so is the color green.

Last edited:

Angiance

Smash Lord
There isn't really any evidence that Brawl's Pika is Ash's Pika, and I understand that pikachu's tail has the different shape at the end for females, but still...that red alt dude above posted, that's great; should totally use that

Last edited:

Maikou

Smash Ace
There isn't really any evidence that Brawl's Pika is Ash's Pika, and I understand that pikachu's tail has the different shape at the end for females, but still...that red alt dude above posted, that's great; should totally use that
I'm saying the Smash Pika in general. though besides that Pikachu is a male in Smash.
as for the female and scarf Pikachu, I guess it could work as an alt, so long as it wouldn't replace Ash's hat.
what about a raichu hoodie? or maybe just an alt costume
I think if Pikachu gets a hoodie, it should be blue with lightning bolts as the logo on the front, back, and arms. and the ears poking out the hood, assuming it'd be a hoodie with the hood up. though sadly that's not likely.

Maikou

Smash Ace
Does anyone else think the hat looks stupid on Pikachu? No offense to anyone to enjoys it
not me, I think it's adorable that Pikachu keeps a hat like Ash's stored away in his closet at Smash Hall. (I'm a fanfic writer, what can I say? I like to make places up. plus the name is original compared to other Smash fanifcs)

and I also think it's adorable that Pikachu wears his little brother's goggles in Brawl matches. (still a fanfic writer, no hate please)

Last edited:

Maikou

Smash Ace
I see your perspective, but one can speculate that Melee's Pichu is Brawl's Pikachu
I know, I'm torn between choosing to believe f Pichu became Pikachu, or if Pichu just up and left, or if he wasn't even there during the Subspace Emissary, or if he was lost in Subspace during the invasion/attack on the floating stadium and wasn't rescued until afterwards. I have a lot of theories and such. I'm an oddball when it comes to fanfics. I try to stick with cannon as much as possible and occasionally change details I thoroughly despise.

Nair

Smash Cadet
NNID
Goldenwolf2
3DS FC
0920-1616-6632
I know, I'm torn between choosing to believe f Pichu became Pikachu, or if Pichu just up and left, or if he wasn't even there during the Subspace Emissary, or if he was lost in Subspace during the invasion/attack on the floating stadium and wasn't rescued until afterwards. I have a lot of theories and such. I'm an oddball when it comes to fanfics. I try to stick with cannon as much as possible and occasionally change details I thoroughly despise.
I personally like the one where he evolved. It gives a sense of growth to the series.

My Personal Hat-List:

Still, I'm "Okay" with the Ash hat, I wish he wore it like my picture. :p

Red: Hat (Tilted to the side like my picture - Melee/Brawl Reference)
Blue: Goggles (Reference to Pichu)
Green: Backpack (Reference to Pichu)
Yellow: Party-Hat (N64 Reference)

Or even more awesome would be if they allowed the following:

"X": To change style
"Y": To change color

Styles:

* Party Hat (N64 Reference)
* Cape (Brawl/Melee)
* Goggles (Pichu from Melee)
* Headband (Brawl/Melee)
* Gangster Hat (Melee)
* Bow on Each Ear (No reference)
* Flower Held in Mouth
* or This (
)
* None

Colors: Red, Blue, Green, Yellow, Pink, and Black

Last edited:

Maikou

Smash Ace
I personally like the one where he evolved. It gives a sense of growth to the series.

My Personal Hat-List:

Still, I'm "Okay" with the Ash hat, I wish he wore it like my picture. :p

Red: Hat (Tilted to the side like my picture - Melee/Brawl Reference)
Blue: Goggles (Reference to Pichu)
Green: Backpack (Reference to Pichu)
Yellow: Party-Hat (N64 Reference)

Or even more awesome would be if they allowed the following:

"X": To change style
"Y": To change color

Styles:

* Party Hat (N64 Reference)
* Cape (Brawl/Melee)
* Goggles (Pichu from Melee)
* Headband (Brawl/Melee)
* Gangster Hat (Melee)
* None

Colors: Red, Blue, Green, Yellow
I like your idea, but I'd like for Purple and Black on there, and possibly a pink female pikachu to satisfy certain people
I would like it if Pikachu got four costumes (at least), two which altered it's tail so it's a fempikachu.
I think it'd be better to just have a female pika costume with each outfit being the same, to satisfy your kind, who want a girlchu in the series.

Last edited:

Drazile

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
3797-5765-7295
Since when does pikachu need hats, instead of different colours like everyone else?
Here are my poorly-recoloured thoughts:

Here we have normal pika, shiny, a recolour based on marill, pachirisu, charmander (because shiny isn't red enough), and chikorita (because there aren't much cute green pokemon).

Maikou

Smash Ace
Since when does pikachu need hats, instead of different colours like everyone else?
Here are my poorly-recoloured thoughts:

Here we have normal pika, shiny, a recolour based on marill, pachirisu, charmander (because shiny isn't red enough), and chikorita (because there aren't much cute green pokemon).
....."Chikorita colored Pika".......
this is why we had hats and tints instead of straight recolors.

I understand you might want Pikachu to have actual colors, but I think it's best we just have hats and tints instead. Pikachu in colors not his natural own just isn't as cute anymore, and one of Pikachu's main functions is to be the adorable mascot Pokemon. plus he's based on a mouse and mice in general are bleeping adorable so.....
I think the hats are the best option. besides, Pikachu is still adorable no matter what they throw on him. plus his wierd endless closet thing.....how many hats has he given Jiggs from Melee to Brawl?

we also need to add that Smash Pika has always had hats and tints for alternate colors instead of pure recolors in general like the other characters besides Pichu and Jigglypuff.

Last edited:

Nair

Smash Cadet
NNID
Goldenwolf2
3DS FC
0920-1616-6632
I like your idea, but I'd like for Purple and Black on there, and possibly a pink female pikachu to satisfy certain people

I think it'd be better to just have a female pika costume with each outfit being the same, to satisfy your kind, who want a girlchu in the series.

Ah, I see what you're going for. Yeah, I'll edit it with the new and improved stuff right away!

I personally think re-colored pikachus would be weird. I honestly prefer Shiny and Normal as the only "recolors". Any others just look strange to me. No offense. I think it's a lot more likely Pikachu would hold random stuff. He is a pokemon after all.

Last edited:

Superyoshiom

Smash Master
NNID
Superyoshiom
i think itd be pretty cool if he got ash's squirtle or krookodile's sunglasses

See, when I saw the sunglasses on the left, I instantly thought of TTGL even though I watched only one episode of that show. I forget, did one of the characters wear glasses like that?

proxibomb

Smash Clown
Besides adding a tint of color to Pikachu, I'd really like to see a hat for every generation of Pokemon. Sorry if I forgot any of the names. :upsidedown:

Generation I - Red's Hat
Generation II - Female's Hat
Generation III - Same Emerald Band on head
Generation IV - Dawn's Hat
Generation V - White's Hat
Generation VI - Male's Hat.

Now that I think about it, having so many hats like this is kinda vague. Anyone else got any ideas, especially for the two most recent generations?

Top Bottom