• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pikachu vs. Olimar

Scissors Sir

Smash Ace
When I'm fighting olimar I tend to jump to bait pikmin throwing.

If he throws pikmin from the ground I just jump.

If he jumps with me to throw, I use rising nairs to hit the pikmin to keep em from latching on. Don't do the nair too early though... you can also move forward and backwards to change ur positioning in case ollie tries to get closer while throwing.

You can keep a fairly mid range distance to an olimar that's in spam mode with this
(About 1 1/2 ollie fsmashes lol)

Keeping this range will allow you to toss in jolts in between ollie goin for more pikmin.

When closing in on ollie, watch out for pivot grabs.

If he takes to the air, get under him or near him and shield. From shield you can usmash, dsmash, utilt, grab.

Once you've got olimar in the air, you can keep pressure on him by not trying to continue attacking him in the air... but by running to his new potential landing location and shielding again and reacting accordingly.

If olimar doesn't beat you to the spot he's about to land, he's in bad shape. If he does, just surrender the spot and try to reset.

Also when olimar is recovering keep in mind that most of the time they try to save that second jump.

You might go for an attack and get jumped over and spiked/slapped away and wonder what the hell happened?

Instead try to bait that jump out of em and then force em to recover on the stage.

If they make it back w/o using the tether just come back on the stage and position yourself under him w/ ur shield (like mentioned above)

If they get back and have used the tether already, just use a finisher if % allows or use an attack to put them back over the edge again.

Top Bottom