• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pikachu should've had female alts

Quillion

Smash Hero
Okay, maybe not just a model that's the same as male Pikachu but with a heart-shaped tail (it would be nigh-impossible to tell the two apart in a match), but there should have been palettes that have feminine accessories along with the heart-shaped tail.

SuperSwagBros

Smash Apprentice
NNID
xCocho
That would have been cool, a female charizard would have been pretty fuuny lol. I idk what that would look like, but I can imagine girly charizard voice with a slimmer look xD. Idk if that even would make sense with the show/game lol

Antonykun

Hero of Many Faces
3DS FC
1049-0472-0051
I just was Pikachu Libre as a skin .

Quillion

Smash Hero
A male Jigglypuff would be cool too. I'd love to hear deep-voiced star KO from it. XD
That would have been cool, a female charizard would have been pretty fuuny lol. I idk what that would look like, but I can imagine girly charizard voice with a slimmer look xD. Idk if that even would make sense with the show/game lol
Hate to burst your bubble guys, but neither of those two mons have sexual dimorphism. (Jigglypuff), (Charizard)

But Pikachu does.

So there's no point for either of those two (that's what you get when you don't at least have a little bit of knowledge of these characters' home series).

A10theHero

SSJ Fraud
NNID
A10theHero
Hate to burst your bubble guys, but neither of those two mons have sexual dimorphism. (Jigglypuff), (Charizard)

But Pikachu does.

So there's no point for either of those two (that's what you get when you don't at least have a little bit of knowledge of these characters' home series).
Hate to burst your bubble, but I wasn't talking about physical appearance. Voices can still vary by gender.
And even then, if they had a different gender, their hats would be different (like a male Jigglypuff would have Red's hat or something).
That's what you get when you don't put enough thought into your responses.

Antonykun

Hero of Many Faces
3DS FC
1049-0472-0051
Hate to burst your bubble, but I wasn't talking about physical appearance. Voices can still vary by gender.
And even then, if they had a different gender, their hats would be different (like a male Jigglypuff would have Red's hat or something).
That's what you get when you don't put enough thought into your responses.
He's essentially asking for a Pikachu with a heart shaped tail. This Pikachu is undistinguishably male, unlike the other Jigglypuff, Charizard, and Greninja who we just assume based on voice. Remember, they are all named it referring to the species.

A10theHero

SSJ Fraud
NNID
A10theHero
He's essentially asking for a Pikachu with a heart shaped tail. This Pikachu is undistinguishably male, unlike the other Jigglypuff, Charizard, and Greninja who we just assume based on voice. Remember, they are all named it referring to the species.
And I was asking for the Pokemon to have different genders too. Sure, there would be no physical difference like the tail for Pikachu, but they could use both hats and voices to distinguish the gender. It wouldn't be too hard to represent both genders since they are referring to the species by the name, as you said yourself. And there are male and female variants of those Pokemon.

Also, on a side note, there are good ways to respond to an opinion and there are bad ways. @ Quillion Quillion decided to be disrespectful and criticize my knowledge of Pokemon. That's not okay. He doesn't even know me and he said such an ill-mannered statement. If my response sounded a bit harsh, that's why. I don't care that he questioned my knowledge of Pokemon, but I am seriously offended that he made a baseless assumption about me so quickly.

Last edited:

SuperSwagBros

Smash Apprentice
NNID
xCocho

But Pikachu does.

"Idk if that even would make sense with the show/game lol"

I just thought it'd be funny

Quillion

Smash Hero
...who we just assume based on voice.
Then Pikachu should be female because "she" is voiced by Ikue Ohtani. :troll::dkmelee::dkmelee::troll:

But seriously, male and female Pokémon don't have different voices in the anime or the games; they just have the same voice across the species, name-saying language or not. Considering they're treated as animals more or less, this is to be expected.

Though I do agree that maybe feminine accessories could work across all Pokémon regardless of (lack of) gender differences.

Last edited:

A10theHero

SSJ Fraud
NNID
A10theHero
Then Pikachu should be female because "she" is voiced by Ikue Ohtani. :troll::dkmelee::dkmelee::troll:

But seriously, male and female Pokémon don't have different voices in the anime or the games; they just have the same voice across the species, name-saying language or not. Considering they're treated as animals more or less, this is to be expected.

Though I do agree that maybe feminine accessories could work across all Pokémon regardless of (lack of) gender differences.
lol You got me there. XD
You're definitely right about the video games. But I do think that Pokemon in the anime of different genders were voiced differently. Like I'm pretty sure that in the episode "Pikachu's Goodbye", all the Pikachu had voices that didn't sound exactly the same.
Also, the easiest example I can give is Mewtwo. First movie, it's a male-voiced Mewtwo. 16th movie, it's a female-voiced Mewtwo. But I'm sure there are times too in the anime when Pokemon of different genders are voiced by the same actor too, so we can't really rely on the anime for anything.
But anyways, we both can agree that it would be nice to represent both genders with each Pokemon character.

Last edited:

Antonykun

Hero of Many Faces
3DS FC
1049-0472-0051
Hmm. Goggles, baseball caps, and headbands are pretty gender-neutral accessories.
Mosr of Pikachu's accessories are gender neutral except brendan's bottom of a hat and Gold's/Callem's hat.

Antonykun

Hero of Many Faces
3DS FC
1049-0472-0051
Yeah, lol. My friend likes to tell me that Pikachu murders those protagonists and steals their hats. The weird part is that I wouldn't find that surprising if it were true.
I Find it funnier if Pika flat out BOUGHT those hats. XD
Like imagine pikachu going to a clerk and buying hats

A10theHero

SSJ Fraud
NNID
A10theHero
I Find it funnier if Pika flat out BOUGHT those hats. XD
Like imagine pikachu going to a clerk and buying hats
That'd be hilarious XD
Now this reminded me of Pokemon Mystery Dungeon and I'm imagining that he's buying them from the Kecleon brothers.

Top Bottom