• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pika Mains Who is your secondary?

iVoltage

$5.99 Abuser
I'm in the process of choosing a main for the wiiu version and pika is a major one on the list. I really like to play 2 characters that compliment each other and I wanted to know your opinions on who is the best. Thanks ahead of time!

RunawayPanda

Smash Apprentice
NNID
NiftySSB
Idk if they're exactly the best buuuuttttt
I co-main pikachu with rosaluma
Then as like third character I have Robin
and of course I have a pocket diddy

Muhznit

Smash Journeyman
I don't specifically "main" Pikachu, but use him with 4 other characters, all of which change frequently based on my usage.

Currently Charizard's my most used, followed by Zelda, Ganondorf, and Pikachu, and Sheik. An interesting trend I noticed of myself is that the more "good" I think a character is, the more rarely I use them.

LunarWingCloud

Smash Lord
NNID
LunarWingStorm
3DS FC
2449-4791-3879
In my sig. Sonic, Toon Link, Rosalina & Luma, Dark Pit, Falco, in that order.

Sanic and Lunchables of higher preference.

StaffofSmashing

Smash Lord
NNID
Lolu83
3DS FC
1590-5734-6768
Pika, Sheik, Sonic, CF, Fox
I prefer Speed. Yes I main 5 characters, but all these compliment each other. CF for speed and power, Fox for combo-ing, Sheik for throwing ground based characters on the spot.

D

Deleted member

In my sig. Sonic, Toon Link, Rosalina & Luma, Dark Pit, Falco, in that order.

Sanic and Lunchables of higher preference.
"And Lunchables"
Wow, toon link isn't even a character anymore, its just lunchables.

ZTD | TECHnology

Developing New TECHnology
My co main in serious tournament matches is Ness. Combos well, superb aerial mobility in the air, a little heavier, and has no problem killing. I've found him useful for matches I don't like with Pikachu such as Lucario. And he's also an original Smash character, so bonus points. I feel like he compliments Chu, nicely.

iVoltage

$5.99 Abuser
My co main in serious tournament matches is Ness. Combos well, superb aerial mobility in the air, a little heavier, and has no problem killing. I've found him useful for matches I don't like with Pikachu such as Lucario. And he's also an original Smash character, so bonus points. I feel like he compliments Chu, nicely.
Thanks for this, I've been trying out ness and absolutely fell in love with him. I'm still new at him though so recovering with pk thunder is a pain in the butt :L

ZTD | TECHnology

Developing New TECHnology
Thanks for this, I've been trying out ness and absolutely fell in love with him. I'm still new at him though so recovering with pk thunder is a pain in the butt :L
No problem.

I had to practice it for hours a day before I really understood the angles. And depending on where on Ness' body you hit with PKT, you can see different results. There's a lot of silly intricacies in his recovery. But once I understood everything, I GOT it. I like never SD with it now. And I can do the bounce off the stage for the 2nd PKT consistently as well. I can also ledge snap from any angle now. Practice and you got it. If you can handle Pikachu confidently, there's not much you can't do in this game.

Last edited:
Top Bottom