• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

pika in dubz with pit

Maharba the Mystic

Smash Master
hi boards, im conducting research with other character boards who i believe would be a great dubz character for pit. please post ur thoughts and opinions as this will help me pick a dubz partner boost both chars dubz potential. here is what i see from this team.

pros:
as a great planker with uair and arrows pit can stock tank and cover pika's back at the same time.

pit's camping and ground game and pika's camping and ground game allow for a lot of combos and we can extend ur cg's in theory with our WOI.

between the two of them getting those early kills and gimps is much easier.

both chars have great mobility and thus together would have great stage control.

pika's fast reptoir of moves combined with pit's arrow planking and stock tanking allow for an incredible team dynamic where pika goes 2v1 successfully.

pit can reflect ur stuff so u can in theory do a jumping thunder>get out the way>we reflect>super knockback and ko-age on opponents

please discuss ur guys's opinions here thanks!

Maharba the Mystic

Smash Master
are any pikas even gonna talk about this? don't be lame the other boards i posted this in are being pretty active. come on.... talk tactics and efficiency and stuff

KayLo!

Smarter than your average wabbit.
3DS FC
3497-1590-7447
I don't think any Pikas have teamed with a Pit, so maybe that's why nobody's talking.

Luckay4Lyphe

Smash Master
It's a pretty rare team. It's not like its not a good team, I just don't think it's one of those amazing teams that people would opt for in tournies. The extending chaingrabbing idea and reflecting and reflecting thunder are nice ideas in theory, but the characters really don't compliment each other. (Just look at my avi, pikachu doesn't like being carried :awesome:)

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
Any team without MK is rare and since Pikachu is high tier so he can't participate in mid tier doubles.

Pikachu is a support character. Has the best vertical follow up kill which can be set by anything that sends someone up high. He does great at racking damage, and has good throws to set others up to follow up.

Pit is more of a support character as well. So to land kills with this team, Pika will probably have to use fsmash more and Pit will have to ready to bair follow up. Unless Pit has some way of knocking the foe up (which i don't know of), cause uair, utilt, and usmash are all awkward and weak at sending straight up. Yea... killing with this team is the downfall here i would say.

Zatchiel

a little slice of heaven 🍰
NNID
Zatchiel
Switch FC
SW-0915-4119-3504
Pit could probably usmash or Dair, but other than that no thunder kill set ups.
Uthrow or Utilt. Possibly a sweetspot Bair if they play smart with their DI near the ledge and DI up to survive. Sourspot Dsmash at higher percents sounds good, too.

Luckay4Lyphe

Smash Master
Utilt doesn't have great knockback. Pika might as well use his own. And uthrow knockes opponents straight up most of the time so Pika would have to hop over Pit to thunder which would be fairly difficult. Pika Dthrow to sweetspot bair sounds nice though.

Zatchiel

a little slice of heaven 🍰
NNID
Zatchiel
Switch FC
SW-0915-4119-3504
Utilt doesn't have great knockback.
It doesn't need it considering you're not trying to KO with it by itself. It's good to get them up at the higher percents.
And uthrow knockes opponents straight up most of the time so Pika would have to hop over Pit to thunder which would be fairly difficult.
QAC? He doesn't need to be directly over Pit, mainly because I rarely see people leave their DI alone when getting Uthrowed by Pit. If you can bait your opponent's DI, it shouldn't be hard to land.
Pika Dthrow to sweetspot bair sounds nice though.
Depends on where you both are on the stage, and where you're trying to send them, but other than that, yes.

Leaf.

Gets up to speed!
Me and Wingless are doing this team at WHOBO, Maharba.
We will see you at a Houston fest sometime before then and we can talk about it there.

We've been trying to come up with some really different things to try out and some of it is coming along, but it's probably not the best team to use.

I'll post a bunch of stuff on it when I come back in tonight. You shouldn't have had work today.

Maharba the Mystic

Smash Master
don't forget the more obscure things like pika dthrow> pit footstool> jab lock. which we as pit can make infinite. also i would says our gimping and edgeguarding games would be more than enough to make up for lack of amazing kill set ups. we both have great recoveries so we won't be getting gimped so long as we are somewhere pit can go under. also since pika is great at getting people into the air and pit rules the skies, i can see that being a viable tactic.

keep going guys, open your minds like is doing with wingless. get creative.

Unsound_Shinobi

Smash Apprentice
Here's a combo I've thought of a few times, if you can land a dsmash with pika into pretty much any of pits vertical knowckback attacks that don't require him to go to high, such as Usmash, then pit can wing renewal to fight the opponent, forcing them higher up and into an easy pika thunder kill range, plus pit can safely go threw pikas thunder using AR in the air, and as long as pika isn't directly under it, Pika won't be hit by the change in control.

Syko_Lemming

Smash Ace
I love this team. I've played it with the gayest pit in all of NA, and it just works so great. All pit does is run and shoot arrows at the guy I'm attacking.
Upair on the ledge to keep himself safe.
When you sh fair with pika, the arrow can actually go above or below pika to add more pressure or damage. If there's ever a moment when you as pika are having trouble, a well placed arrow can fix it.

As for the killing, you don't really need something that sends people straight up. Sending them at an angle actually makes it easier to hit them. So a pit fsmash works nice.
Arrow into pika-nair works pretty well for getting people offstage too.

Gimping is another excellent thing. Say you're on the far right and pit is on the left ledge, doing his job, and you've sent a guy offstage on the right, so that he's forced to recover low: pika jumps out and forces him lower while pit jumps under the stage and starts firing arrows at him. Pika softspot nair after an arrow makes it difficult for anyone to get back.

If you both wanna be gay, you can easily have pit firing arrows on the ground behind you while you jump and shoot tjolts. It's really annoying.

Top Bottom