• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Picking your main

Dsull

Smash Ace
3DS FC
5301-0115-2290
Some people dont get "mains". When Brawl first came out, i was in techschool (im military) still and i had a couple friends that were the gun-ho tourny wavedashing *******-type. They stuck to Marth because of how insane he was in melee and they assumed if they figured him out in brawl he'd be just as nuts if not worse. Me on the other hand, i play literally every character atleast a dozen times before i deem one pathetic or awesome.

In SSB64, i was a Fox guy. Then again how many werent? I liked his speed and aerial upkick. I still played the others save Jiggy alot though, i just brought him out when i got pissed off.

In Melee, i started getting the idea where since 99% of my friends arent that big of gamers, i didnt WANT to get to the I AM A GOD AT GAMES status cuz then they wouldnt play. So i avoided Marth, Roy, Luigi, Jigg, and Fox cuz in the hands of someone with half a brain those characters were nuts. So i ended up not even having a main, i did Random every game (litterally). Still dont know who i preferred more.

Now in Brawl because of the online play, i can go back to the I AM A GOD status (tho i am far from it right now). I fiddled with every character, found pluses and minuses about most of them. A hand full i never even got the general concept on (ZSSamus, Ganon, Falcon, etc). Others i played cuz they had a beginning reputation of the ******** hero (Dedede, Wario, Olimar) and ended up liking them.
Right now i have been playing Lucario the most because i recently downloaded the mod Brawl+ and his controls dont seem as sloppy anymore. I liked him to begin with, but i couldnt control him for some reason.
In normal Brawl, i play Wario cause of his hilarious playstyle and awsome recovery.

I guess all of that could be summed up in a few words: I play wario cuz he's funny

phantomphungus

Smash Journeyman
I don't even have a main. I just play with the whole roster, giving everyone (with a few exceptions I don't even notice until I play with them on random) fairly equal playtime, with the exception of a handful of chars I'm good with (Wario, Luigi, Yoshi, hacked chars, charizard, etc) and some that I just never play and often even forget they exist (G&W, Marth).

I picked Toon Link because Roy wasn't in Brawl. In Melee, I used Mario, Roy, Link, and YL.

Out of all those characters, I liked Link the most, and he was my main until I unlocked Toon Link. The first time I used him, I knew he suited me, so I used him. I learned all his ATs, and just got better and better.

E-Jolteon

Smash Ace
I've been playing Brawl for a while now, but seem to change my main frequently. I'm never happy :p. So, I've decided that, for now, I'll just pick the most enjoyable character (for me) and play with it. One problem: I can't seem to do that. My question is, how'd you all pick your main characters? :)

Characters I've considered:
Mario
Yoshi
Mr G&W
MK
Wario
Pit

*Sigh*, it's too hard :)
I'll tell you what; look at my main. I have no single main, but just some I'm better and worse with. There's nothing, NOTHING wrong with adopting more than one main, and don't let anyone tell you otherwise. Play as who you want, when you want. I suck with all the Starfox characters, but I still play them.

In short: Main them all, there's no harm in it regardless of what the uninformed few say.

Top Bottom