• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Picking up Mii Gunner, Looking for notes!

3bubby

Smash Rookie
In anticipation for the release of a goofy Tails Costume, I've decided to tune up my Mii Gunner. I'm messed with sizes and customs, but for the most part I am on 1111 with Default Height/Weight.

What I'm looking for is what you the gunner should use in neutral, for zoning, etc. Specifically, what what order I should use tilts when they shield or spot dodge (I think f-tilt to up tilt, thanks to how tightly they link together for opposite start up and cool downs.)

What I've noticed:
  • Fair is a powerful tool for movement and pressure, making Gunner a solid Zone player.
  • Most of my kills come from up tilts, up and down smashes, and charged B Neutral.
  • Throws need be figured out! Maybe forward throw to uptilt at later percentages.
  • Reflector has enough KB to use instead of a shield. SOMETIMES!
  • Flame Pillar eats a lot of projectiles

If you have any tips to offer for Mii Gunner, let me know! Thanks

Djmarcus44

Smash Journeyman
In anticipation for the release of a goofy Tails Costume, I've decided to tune up my Mii Gunner. I'm messed with sizes and customs, but for the most part I am on 1111 with Default Height/Weight.

What I'm looking for is what you the gunner should use in neutral, for zoning, etc. Specifically, what what order I should use tilts when they shield or spot dodge (I think f-tilt to up tilt, thanks to how tightly they link together for opposite start up and cool downs.)

What I've noticed:
  • Fair is a powerful tool for movement and pressure, making Gunner a solid Zone player.
  • Most of my kills come from up tilts, up and down smashes, and charged B Neutral.
  • Throws need be figured out! Maybe forward throw to uptilt at later percentages.
  • Reflector has enough KB to use instead of a shield. SOMETIMES!
  • Flame Pillar eats a lot of projectiles

If you have any tips to offer for Mii Gunner, let me know! Thanks
Some good places for Mii Gunner advice are the Mii Gunner true combo and follow up thread, Chibo's Mii Gunner knowledge dump, Mii Gunner advanced techniques thread, Mii Gunner style discussion thread, and the Mii Gunner guide.

Some notes I have right now are:
1. It is also a good idea to charge up charge blast to start some matches where it is harder to use fair. You can also mix in flame pillar, nair, bair, and perfect pivot ftilt to keep opponents away in the neutral.
2. Forward smash is also a good kill move at the ledge. It is also a good idea to jab into a kill move to keep the opponent off guard. Up throw or Down throw to up air after a DI read are good options for killing out of a throw.
3. The only time you can get an up tilt out of a forward throw is by using an uncharged charge blast to jab lock the opponent at low percents. The only true combo that Gunner has out of a throw is up throw to up tilt at very low percents on fastfallers. At low percents, it is usually best to use down throw to nair since it will set up a charge blast if it is airdodged. Forward throw or back throw to charge blast or dash attack are good at low to mid percents since it is hard to tech the forward throw and back throw. It is also good to use up throw to nair or up smash at low percents. At mid and high percents it is good to use down throw or up throw to up air since the opponent cannot DI one way for both throws.
3. Reflector also comes out on frame 3, and it can be a situational combo breaker.
4. On the second page of the Mii Gunner forum, there is a thread that covers what projectiles flame pillar blocks.
5. It is best to use fair on shield since it is safe on shield. Fair can be used to get a dashgrab on an sheilding opponent that has bad out of shield options.
6. 3312 is agreed upon by most gunners as the best set for mii gunner, it would be a good idea to try that moveset to see if it works for you.

Top Bottom