• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Picking a name...

MattTheGameFreak

Smash Apprentice
I've never had much use for a name tag in Melee but since we will all be playing [Brawl]online. I have decided that it is finally time to come up with an original name but what?

What is the letter limitation anyway? Clearly, I am known here as MattTheGameFreak and known from other places such as Nsider and Nsider2 as NintendoDS2006 or NDS2006. I am also known as Matt-TGF, an abrievated version of my SN here at SmashBoards.

Personally, I have thought of a few options, one being TGF. However, does that truly sound right? Could I think of something better? Therefore, based on the little information I have given, what do you think? What should be my name in Brawl?

Agosta44

Smash Ace
Name yourself something funny. I'm gonna roll with Boner for a while, and have one of my taunts as, "You just got BONED"

/new material

Norm

Smash Lord
NNID
Sheldon86
Mine Shall be Norm! whoa, whoa, whoa calm down now me dont go thinkin outside the box here lets not get crazy I think Norm will be fine we dont want your exclamation marks arround here.

G&Wismyhomeboy

Smash Cadet
You could always have your name be "5char" if you are really out of ideas.
Best idea yet.

I have this problem too. I can come up with decent names sometimes but I can never decide on one.

I grew up playing Starcraft with my dad and some of his coworkers. Back then I chose the handle Alleycat for my battlenet account and for other random stuff. 8 years later and now I'm stuck with a cruddy email address. :laugh: I definitely need to get a new one.

How do you guys come up with your names?

mista_mista

Smash Journeyman
The first 3 letters of my first name and the first letter of my last name...
Scok

hehe, hope it doesnt get censored online. I could also use "mista" for online (happy gillmore anyone?)

TomSquirrel-Lord

Smash Cadet
TomY (my first name and first letter of my last)

or Tam, -Tom-, and possible add-ons on the side could work. hmmm, I wonder how many Tom's there'll be on Wifi XD

-Tom

Igneous42

Smash Ace
Mat06?

I go by Igneous or Igneous 42 on almost all games and forums. Igneous however won't fit, so I'll probably go by Ignus online in brawl.

/~Dogma~\

Smash Lord
im gona be roith b/c my melee main was marth and my friend was roy so we made roith, and hes being jcav so i apdoted it, and its a good name for ike.

just come up with a name that you like.

Olikrom

Smash Cadet
I'll probably use "Ollie" or "Beefy". Don't ask me why on the second one; I've just always used it as a character name.

OhCripe119

Smash Apprentice
I originally thought about my last name (which is 4 characters) but decided it unwise. So I'll probably go with either "F2K" (short for "Farewell to Kings", a Rush album and title song) or just "Rush".

Top Bottom