• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pickin' up Mario

Matador

Maybe Even...Utopian?
Welcome to the Mario boards n such XD

-Fireball should be your main approach
-Gimps and Stutter stepped Fsmashes (Fsmashes starting with your back turned to your opponent) should be your main source of KOs
-Don't be fooled, Fludd does not suck...Fair does
-Utilize your double SH aerials. Hit behind shields, bait shieldgrabs, and rack up damage quicker this way
-Don't be afraid to Cape as an attack, especially against someone like DK or Snake with long hitboxes that AREN'T disjointed

That's all I can think of off the bat...what do I win?

strike42

Smash Journeyman
^ you win a power star. im trying to pick this guy up too but i keep screwing up with his upB. i can just never make it back, it's too short for me or i point it in the wrong direction.

SkylerOcon

Tiny Dancer
Don't go down to far below the stage. Snake is your main (or so your signature says) and his recovery is pretty good. More often than not, I find myself relying on the magnet ledge to help me recover.

Also, Bair stage spike *****. If your opponent stays on the ledge after their invincibility, you can usually get a KO on quite a few characters at about 70% using Bair stage spike KO.

J-Prep

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Jiggy_lsn
no....dtilt does.

but since im jo~p...i manage to combo it. lmao

nah but matador pretty much got the basics covered. cape gliding is pretty good if u need to get offstage far and fast.

Mario_ 101

Smash Ace

-Fireball should be your main approach
-Gimps and Stutter stepped Fsmashes (Fsmashes starting with your back turned to your opponent) should be your main source of KOs
-Utilize your double SH aerials. Hit behind shields, bait shieldgrabs, and rack up damage quicker this way
-Don't be afraid to Cape as an attack, especially against someone like DK or Snake with long hitboxes that AREN'T disjointed

That's all I can think of off the bat...what do I win?
u win and ur prize is... watching a goomba dance.:goomba: Also jab faking->d smash or double jab->f smash is gud.

cHooKay

Smash Journeyman
Work on mario's edge game. Exploit it to its maximum. Mario can work wonders off the edge. Learn how to release the edge and to certain moves like the bair, uair, fireball. Learn how to cape stall away and towards the edge, and/or connect it within moves. Exploit the fact that pressing the jump button off the edge gives slight invincible frames, with that note, don't be afraid to pull off a nair quickly after the initial jumping animation for a nice invulnerable quick attack.

I believe monk is exceptionally well at this, watch his vids.

On the side note, learn how to RAR marios arials and the hyphen usmash...

Top Bottom