• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pichu worse character?

rhan

Smash Hero
As most of you know that a new tier list came out and Pichu has fell lower then low. He's now the worse character of Melee. Do you think this accusation is correct? Or are you in turmoil about this? Do you think Pichu deserves better? Or do you think he's where he should be?

IMO Pichu is an awesome character. He may have huge exploited weaknesses but he deserves better then worse character...

What are your comments about this topic?

duals

Smash Journeyman
He damages himself...... wtf was hal lab thinking? All though that's not as bad as TRIPPING! in brawl....

but I'd agree that Pichu gets last, even though i second him.... The hardest part was accepting it.... ='[

INSANE CARZY GUY

Banned via Warnings
then why is pikachu so high and half the time he was the lowest this isn,t new and if you are so shocked and become the best pichu user and beat a lot of pros till they accept pichu go and make pichu great or drown in self pity

rhan

Smash Hero
He damages himself...... wtf was hal lab thinking? All though that's not as bad as TRIPPING! in brawl....

but I'd agree that Pichu gets last, even though i second him.... The hardest part was accepting it.... ='[
Being Emo > Tripping

then why is pikachu so high and half the time he was the lowest this isn,t new
What....Pikachu was a low tier in the previous tier list....

and if you are so shocked and become the best pichu user and beat a lot of pros till they accept pichu go and make pichu great or drown in self pity
I'm not shocked. I just say Pichu can be on the same level as a good higher tier player if played right. It may take more effort but it's worth it when you come out in the end as the victor. I love the challenge of playing low tier characters and going aginst the top tiers. It feels like such a great accomplishment when you win. I remember one tourney I played one of the best Fox players in my area with Sheik. Got 4 stocked. Next round I went Pichu. Took him down to one stock on battlefield. Didn't win but it felt so good to get that far with PICHU of all characters.

INSANE CARZY GUY

Banned via Warnings
yes i was talking about pichu being lowest half the time sorry it didn,t make cents i just think to fast and why he is so low is no one got famous for useing him like most of the charcters and people damage so yeah thats pichu for

rhan

Smash Hero
yes i was talking about pichu being lowest half the time sorry it didn,t make cents i just think to fast and why he is so low is no one got famous for useing him like most of the charcters and people damage so yeah thats pichu for
It's hard to put together your posts....But I did catch on to the famous players part. T0MMY is a really good Pichu player. He's the main reason I main Pichu right now. But yeah he is like the only Pichu player I know....But If more people start becomming noticed for playing Pichu and see him out do good players then Pichu's spot on the tier list could possibly rise. Kinda like with Marth. He was originally high tier. Then more people started to main him. And then M2K basically broke the tier list. Marth jumped up to top tier. I'm not saying Pichu can make a jump like that. I do believe he's a bottom tier character, but not complete garbage.

duals

Smash Journeyman
He isn't complete garbage.....but i think hes worse than some low characters.....bu that doesn't stop me from playing with him...epically if i completely destroy a high tier character...

Them: LAWL! you play teh pichu? lawlzers!!!!

*afterI 3 stock them*

them: WHAAAA?!! How could teh pichu beat mai Captain Faalllcun?

duals

Smash Journeyman
that doesn't show that pichu is any good...... just shows you suck with captain falcon.....

The Immortal Sir NZ

Smash Apprentice
guys, I'm from the Mewtwo boards and i find it kind of ironic that there was topic like this a few weeks ago about how Pichu was higher than Mewtwo on the tier lists. This kind of thing pops up alot. If ur interested go check it out.

Anyway, from my Perspective, I think that Pichu deserves to be here just because he's extermely light and he has no range, but then again, i don't play pichu, what do i know?;)

INSANE CARZY GUY

Banned via Warnings
fine man mewtwo is the worse look if he was bottom just as much as pichu and there was a beathly pro that still didn,t help mewtwo there are a few pichu user even less people how main him and why would a self murder be higher than mewtwo?

Gigan X3

Smash Apprentice
so does roy but hes higher in the tier list....
But it's not most of his attacks as in with Pichu.:ohwell:

Then again, It's not that he( Pichu ) damages himself but the range of his attacks is awful. :(

Monkey Wrench

Smash Apprentice
I agree with the tiers, Pichu stinks. I mean, he damages himself!
:ohwell:

But it's not most of his attacks as in with Pichu.:ohwell:

Then again, It's not that he( Pichu ) damages himself but the range of his attacks is awful. :(
Exactly. It's not the self-damage, it's his awful range, his extremely light weight, and his susceptibility to combos.

On the plus side, he has limited combo ability, decent recovery, good mobility, and strong KO power. I think the bottom should go something like this: Mewtwo=Bowser>Pichu=Kirby.

Then again, I could be completely wrong.

MikeHaggarTHAKJB

Smash Master
I think kirby is the worst character. Both Kirby and Pichu have **** range, **** priority, die easily, etc...
But atleast pichu has some good cg's (on fast fallers) and decent combos against most chars (nair->uptilt->more arials, nair->nair, uair juggles, etc) and a good finisher (uppsmash! dair and fsmash are decent aswell). Pichu is also faster then kirby. Kirby doesn't have any of that, he just sucks and doesn't really have anything that's even decent about him.

HT F8

Hostile Takeover
I think kirby is the worst character. Both Kirby and Pichu have **** range, **** priority, die easily, etc...
But atleast pichu has some good cg's (on fast fallers) and decent combos against most chars (nair->uptilt->more arials, nair->nair, uair juggles, etc) and a good finisher (uppsmash! dair and fsmash are decent aswell). Pichu is also faster then kirby. Kirby doesn't have any of that, he just sucks and doesn't really have anything that's even decent about him.
FENCE OF PAIN!
lawl

But yeah, it doesn't really matter that Pichu damages himself when the only moves you should be using are Nair and Bair. ;)

duals

Smash Journeyman
lawl...i thought i was the only samus main that goes to the Pichu board....

F8 IS! Rippin

rhan

Smash Hero
lawl...i thought i was the only samus main that goes to the Pichu board....

F8 IS! Rippin
Samus is my secondary.... :(

Exactly. It's not the self-damage, it's his awful range, his extremely light weight, and his susceptibility to combos.

On the plus side, he has limited combo ability, decent recovery, good mobility, and strong KO power. I think the bottom should go something like this: Mewtwo=Bowser>Pichu=Kirby
I agree that Pichu has crappy range. But you can use the horrible range to an advantage (at times). Like say against fast fallers. Uair might have some bad range but you can juggle a Falco or Falcon as long as you can consecutively keep it up then finish with a nair or dair.

And to the people saying that hurting yourself is all bad. It's not. It has its goods also. The higher your damage is, the easier it is to break out of chain grabs or combos. On the down side, it does make you an easier kill. But if you play a strong defensive game then you should be fine.

Kirby isn't as bad as you might think. Kirby has a pretty awesome Bair that can be used as a miniture wall of pain and Kirby's d-smash can be used as a good edgegaurd against many characters.

SpaceFalcon

Smash Lord
Kirby is worse then Pichu, I don't care what the new tier list says.

I can understand if other characters are above him though.

*P*L*U*R*

Smash Hero
Kirby has like, no potential. At least Pichu has some good traits(fairly decent combos, godly recovery, disjointed tail attacks, good usmash).

Im almost certain that it should be Kirby, mewtwo, pichu.

duals

Smash Journeyman
wtf?

(pulled from wiki) Pichu is a character that places comedy value over actual prowess in battle, but it can be surprisingly good. It can do some psychological and actual damage to your opponent if played well, but its absurd fragility forces users to tread a fine line between annihilating and annihilation.

psychological damage?

rhan

Smash Hero
wtf?

(pulled from wiki)It can do some psychological and actual damage to your opponent if played well

psychological damage?
Pichu fux with peoples minds. He can turn anyone emo by the end of the day.

Zeonix

Smash Apprentice
Kirby is better then pichu. I mean every time pichu uses an eletric attack it hurts him. You could just dodge him to make him rack up damage. And incase you haven't noticed he's the smallest character almost means he's easy to K-O. Kirby has better moves overall and is hard to K-O. I haven't played any of these 2 chars but my brother who is insanely good with Kirby and Pichu: He's better with Kirby by a little bit so this would prove it. And yes he does use all A-T's with them.

rhan

Smash Hero
I pissed myself........ ._.

Kirby is better then pichu. I mean every time pichu uses an eletric attack it hurts him. You could just dodge him to make him rack up damage. And incase you haven't noticed he's the smallest character almost means he's easy to K-O. Kirby has better moves overall and is hard to K-O. I haven't played any of these 2 chars but my brother who is insanely good with Kirby and Pichu: He's better with Kirby by a little bit so this would prove it. And yes he does use all A-T's with them.
Well I play both characters. I can say from my own experience they are on about the same level. Between Kirby and Pichu they are almost opposites but then again the same. They both have very few finishers and they both don't have many safe approches. The differences between the character is basically thier recovery. Kirby's recovery isn't as good as Pichu's but it isn't crap either. Only time it sucks to be Kirby is when you get gimped out of your up B. Other then that his recovery is pretty good.

I mean every time pichu uses an eletric attack it hurts him. You could just dodge him to make him rack up damage.
*Points down*

And to the people saying that hurting yourself is all bad. It's not. It has its goods also. The higher your damage is, the easier it is to break out of chain grabs or combos. On the down side, it does make you an easier kill. But if you play a strong defensive game then you should be fine.

Omni_Smash

Smash Apprentice
hmmm.......... I like Kirby...... and Pichu....... why can't we all just get along? :D

duals

Smash Journeyman
=TrikELotus;5800216

Mewtwo is not nearly as bad as Kirby or Pichu.
this is all ready a given since this video is more than a year old......

And this thread isn't about mewtwo, is it?

rhan

Smash Hero
hmmm.......... I like Kirby...... and Pichu....... why can't we all just get along? :D
Eh. Debates are fun. :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XmlC-O8AcJ0

^this

Mewtwo is not nearly as bad as Kirby or Pichu. There are way more videos than this to prove that. Please keep on subject that pichu place in the tier list is a mistake >.>
Fix'd

this is all ready a given since this video is more than a year old......

And this thread isn't about mewtwo, is it?
It doesn't really matter. If he comes from the Mewtwo boards let him come. It's not like we're a cult or clan that thinks Pichu is god. Plus the more people here discussing other characters can help find out more about why the tiers are the way they are.

duals

Smash Journeyman
Plus the more people here discussing other characters can help find out more about why the tiers are the way they are.
The way he shows how the tiers are is just a video of a good mewtwo....

I can show a video of a good Pichu, but it dosen't prove anything....

rhan

Smash Hero
Sry. I can't watch videos.....So I basically ignored that section of his post all together.

But I see where you're comming from.

Geist

Smash Master
Wow, the more I read grunt's posts, the more he becomes even more awesome than he already is.

Pichu has his fsmash going for him, but that's really the only decent about him. Every good pichu player I've seen is just an amazing smasher in total. It takes so much more talent to be good with the bottom tiers.
I think Kirby should be bottom anyways.

rhan

Smash Hero
Pichu has his fsmash going for him, but that's really the only decent about him.
F-Smash is about the worse move Pichu can possibly use due to it's short range and how easy it is to break out of.

Nair and U-Smash are much better. Plus Pichu's recovery is insane.

Top Bottom