• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pichu Tournament Rep

zack152

Smash Journeyman
Ok you guys, theres been a lot of talk of trying to get that combo video made to try and get some moral support for Pichu players and maybe some more representation, but to do this we need to actually start playing.

Ive seen the same few faces here on the Pichu boards talking about cool ideas they have for there Pichu and how there good at certain tricks and what not, but its time to put up or shut up.

Pichu needs some good tournament representation. Its time that all the Pichu players finally throw in there two cents and get into the tournament scene. No johns. If you all really want Pichu to get any kind of hype and maybe a few more Pichu main/secondary players then its time we show what Pichu is capable of, and the best way to do that is by good tournament results.

ICG, Wool, and GrimTuesday. I see the three of you post here pretty frequently but its time we get something done. Im asking all of you to try and get to as many tournaments in the next few weeks and post back with your results; good or bad. If you have any questions or need any help with match ups or counterpicks, shoot me a message and Ill try to give you the best advice I can.

In conclusion, its time that we show the smash community that even the worst of the worst can rise to the occasion and become one of the greats. Good luck everyone

INSANE CARZY GUY

Banned via Warnings
I really wish I could I can't get a ride and i,m in IN. and somehow no one plays smash around me and I really doubt I could go out of state. I mean I 3 stocked my brothers fox today(not that he is great great or anything but yeah also I did the sexiest shinespike ever today I knocked him off and he when to side-B and I got him right in front of the sweetspot it was so amazing) I am trying to get better all the time. And mostly i can only train my mind so yeah I just don't get mad. I really try I just can't make it anywhere and no matter what I,m a douchebag like there's no one my sisiter loves in the world than me and I can only see her on the weekends and when I miss a visit she gets really sad and i feel like a douche.

Come on how bad does this sound I didn't visit my sister because I wanted to go play games with people. Really it sucks. Hey how about I go create random as H*** pichu hype somewhere? Other that I can't do much right now.

We could start trying to get them to use pichu at least once in a great while like some people play as pichu but only in friendlys and junk. We could at least get them to use pichu vs someone like falco or fox the match-up is one of pichu's better ones if you ask me he is countered like normal but it's still better.

But yeah I will see what I can do I,m still mad I can't go to pound4 I was SO close but my dad fliped last minute and refuses and now I,ve lost some money and the price is more so yeah.

INSANE CARZY GUY

Banned via Warnings
He is mostly mentally but still more tech skill and mental skill than pikachu. basic stuffs

nair=hard to punish and sometimes sets up stuff
upair=more range sets up a lot like vs FFers you could SHFFL upair and hit them before they land with F-smash or a grab or something. others you could upair again or dair
fair=grab or tilt or jab ruined by CCers

running full hop B is prtty good for getting techs and approach

you have 3 ways to move so its pretty hard to catch pichu dd, wd, and up-B stuff plus small size it's really hard to get pichu(my brother could only land shines and other weak attack on my yesterday and I didn't die till 178 because I messed up on edge gaurd).

I forgot where i,m going but he isn't uber hard to figure out SHFFL upair, nair, fair(rarly) and dair(kills) for approach that and FH B and mindgame wise you let them running to other moves like down-B and side-B and sometimes up-B to grab or something.

zack152

Smash Journeyman
I wish I knew how to play Pichu. lolz
Theres no better time to learn then now :p

I think once I get a little more tourney experience with Pichu Im gonna write a mini guide on Character matchups, counterpicks, and basic info on combos and grabs.

INSANE CARZY GUY

Banned via Warnings
sweet man you should incude the thing I wrote about up-B and stages or some something or I could do the 2nd post to add some stuffs.

Pichu is fun for somereason I will never know but I think he does decent vs some high tiers. And he has better and funner match-ups than kirby. I couldn't even think of being kirby vs fox I would just be up-throw upair all day

INSANE CARZY GUY

Banned via Warnings
Now that's just plain spam :( But i,m getting better I sdi early all of fox's upairs now and my brother has more problems with my pichu than my falcon somehow it's way harder to read my pichu than my falcon. ALso I found a black jew who loves smash I will play with aaahhhh I love racist jokes I wish there were more white ones I feel like a douche.

Grim Tuesday

Smash Legend
Australia.
I'd love to grab clips and stuff, but the only tourneys I can reach are ones that are at Comic or Anime Cons, and they are all Brawl.

I'm always on the look out for tourneys in SA, but they just don't exist.

Sorry.

EDIT: I'm hosting a tournament soon, it's tag-team though, and it's among friends, I'll probably use Ganon for the actual tourney but I might be able to post some friendlies on the net with me as Pichu.

INSANE CARZY GUY

Banned via Warnings
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=257437 I'm going to this. Anybody want to double pichu for lols? I don't normally play doubles sssooooo yeah. It's meant to be a big tourment so yeah. Plus maybe some brawler will see and think wtf melee's worse can beat melees best(fox) then they look at brawl's best and worse... balnce. But yeah pichu should be 3rd worse at least.

also they are other fighting games.

Top Bottom