• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pichu guide stage talk give me your veiws (you can go back to an old topic if needed)

INSANE CARZY GUY

Banned via Warnings
Prething(wait amazing idea here sing thing repeat them and make thing sound like sing)

Well if you have come this far as to read a pichu guide I alreadly have you hooked. But have some more bait. Pichu is way behind with a lot to offer speed,power,mindgames,edge gaurd, good stages,and great movement. The biggest flaw right now is your mind you need to get over his cons BUT still see them and try to work around them but be smart like fair does 4% but sets up grabs don't spam it 4% and easy to CC. So rarly use this to make it a good or decent move because getting grabs are great but getting CCed isn't. Also pichu isn't easy by any means he has more tech skill than pikachu and a harder time getting in. Heck I learned how to waveshine by playing as pichu. YOu need to be able to be humble and quickly learn to play as pichu and to have mental control.

At first you should be loseing there is no easy macth-ups I don't think pichu counters anyone like kirby but you can win some match-ups even when the odds are all agaist you. You need to know the match-ups and some tricks and grab combos and etc.

Pichu mini guide about up-B now with less puns may turn into a full guide and junk

because everyone has been wondering about it and this may become longer as time pasts and about more things.
Up-B approach, perfect up-B(what I call it), up-B cancel, or what would make more scents JC up-B. Call it whatever make your own word for it. Aslo I know I am forgeting a lot of details but I can't remember them right now.

WHY?!?

Up-B is pretty freakin fast(6 frames of movement I believe I could be wrong) will no lag and CAN go 256 different ways (most go to the same place but you sometimes should take a different route). not only that but can go through platforms unlike wavedashing and haveing 3 different types of movement for DDing,WDing is amazing very few people have things like that and no one has anything that flexible that I can thing of. Plus the fact pichu has the worse range in the game plus speed and this move and other moves that can mess with heads. I once asked why the ice climbers could just wd up and wavesmash when they are outranged. The different rates of movement throw people off really bad because they are trying to follow you. really changing movement speed really messes with people.

THE 3 PARTS OF UP-B

NOT THAT IMPORTANT but if you want to know this inside and out and the real WHY AND HOW
1. The front part part- small only for the first jump small part that let's you through platforms form the top. maybe as long as pichu
2. The used part of his up-B it's basically distances
3.small end part brakes for on ground use.(The only part I think you need to really know about about I want to call it the safe zone. when you perfect up-B on land by the edge you will fly off unless the edge and the safe zone meet up it's at the very end of the up-B and about the size of pichu laying down. The best way to get a feel of how lond it is to go to battlefield get on a platform roll to the end and up-B to the other end staight you will brake and won't go as far as up-B can go to another platform place and you fly off because you aren't in the safe zone when ending.)

HOW TO USE FOR NON-RECOVERY TACTICS

jump up-B to a side and if you have good timeing then way to go.
fail-you get a lot of lag and fall off the edge
semi fail-you jumped to high, extra long to start up and to end and you won't be protected by the safe zone
perfect-lagless as it's going to get with a wd movement at the end if pichu had luigi's wd it would double long his up-B would go on land. you will stop at edges if you space it right

who want to be perfect 1 frame of lag vs 14 frames and maybe death and self mindgames.

other ways in include platforms like going down or jumping over to the next one(you need to jump before up-B when moving to another platform at equal level). some stages like corn. let you get a time perfect up-B on the curves so it really important to know your stages. Also you can hit a wall and and stop without lag and some times on moving stages but they make you go high even if you didn't sometimes for some reason.

When to use for approach/mindgames/avoiding
Out of sheild
dding
wding
run off of edge up-B back on
emtpy SH
platforms
slow walk
running away or to

WHY YOU NEVER EVER SPAM THIS MOVE

1% DAMAGE AND YOU WILL BE UBER PREDICTABLE AND HURT OTHER PICHU PLAYERS.

RANDOM TIMES TO USE IT
If someone is camping you go ahead when readly use it, grab, chain throw, nair, edge gaurd. great for punishing boomrangs,bombs,turnips before even picked up.
When you are at perfect range for it and they know about it they may approach or run away or try to stop you sometimes there can't when they are falcon and they really don't know what to do and you can wait before you use it dd in spot or whatever or do something esle really if they know very well what's coming and you know they know you can mess with them pretty bad.
go behind them or maybe in teams

MINDGAME IDEAS
If you can't think of anyway to mind game people with this move you might as was not use anyone esles ideas because you will fail. there are so many ways to use this move it isn't even punny(yes quite a if not the worse pun in the world). But yeah people may spam other peoples' ideas and ruin it for the rest of us.

POSSIBLE USES(as in not 100% legit yet)

Tech chase if you can't reach in time
combos maybe
mindgames

RECOVERY
you can go 256 different way(really only 1/3 will be useable at the time) your 2nd jump, B , fair(maybe upair I,ve never tryed) can beat some moves like the knee, side-B, and a wall jump. Any Questions? All I know is you should never be edge gaurded unless your predictable. I may need more info

STAGE TACTICS
stage- small summary/veiws

PROs-
CONs-

Good for-
Bad for-

tricks-

Brinstar

Corneria

Fountain of Dreams

Green Greens

Jungle Japes

Mute City-great for people with lagy recoverys like sheik, marth, falcon and etc. so you can side-B, grab or f-smash them when or before they get on. Bad for good recoverys like your peach, jigglypuff. Aslo sucks for anyone that relays on the edge a lot for recovery but your lack of a decent approach(pichu wise) really sucks.

PROs-easy gimps, you have the laglessest recovery in the game so the lack of edge doesn't kill you, chain throws aren't as common, being small is amazing for the cars, good blastlines(could be a little lower on the tpo one),
CONs-no wall jump, side-B recovery(really lagy and you will get hit by the road), your chain throws aren't as good, really hard to approach on normal stage platform part due to lack of space to work with and no platforms, is a strong counter pick for somepeople, less recovery tactics for pichu,

good for-sheik(easy gimp, harder time chain throwing you), pikachu(high blastline, lagyer recovery), marth(recovery), falcon(less space to DD, lagy recovery, cars/road, not as solid chain throw),

bad for-peach(recovery), jigglypuff(recovery/blastline), samus(recovery),

Pokémon Stadium

Rainbow Cruise

Yoshi's Island

Yoshi's Story

Battlefield

Dream Land (N64)

Final Destination

Poké Floats

TOO LEGIT STAGES

Princess Peach's Castle

Kingdom II

Kongo Jungle (N64)

Yoshi's Island (N64)

Flat Zone

Fourside

Big Blue

Brinstar Depths

Great Bay

Icicle Mountain

Kingdom

Kongo Jungle

Temple

Venom

Onett

Any thing esle tell me and to you people who just look and never join your mading me I ground my face on desk and asked whhyyyy? It's cause you want to drive me crazy you deep reading geuss who clearly care about this but your just sad you want me to go mad don't you? WEll I might drive you mad with my crazyness.

j3ly

Smash Champion
why the HELL has nobody even attempted to master this!!?! this is CLEARLY pichus most necessary advanced technique, shame on you pichu community SHAME ON YOU!! but seriously, if i didn't leave my cube at the tourney (xD) i'd have this down before i made all of my clips, and it would be an integral part of my vid :(

oh well next vid :(

j3ly

Smash Champion
oh yeh thats right lol u have no videos

fear not crazy dude, but have u got this down, or have u MASTERED it? i can DO the doraki jump, but i havnt mastered it for all of its uses yet. this upB needs mastering, frame perfect-isizing then used frequently. Hell, if it gets u places faster, it will probably make reverse bair -> reverse bair a legitimate combo.

INSANE CARZY GUY

Banned via Warnings
I won't say I can do it 100%(I don't believe in perfect I haven't been able to play much lately) but at least 95% of the time and I haven't mastered it's uses most likely and I know I haven't mastered it off stage but pichu has the smallest sweeetspot in the game and pikachu's is like 3x more at least.

j3ly

Smash Champion
its friggin haaard! i learned that if your comming from below the stage at any angle apart from a str8 and vertical one, you need to aim slightly up above the stage instead of at the edge, even if its a direct line to the edge :s WHY IS HIS RECOVERY SO HARD!!? i almost dropped him when i started, because my opps knew i was going onto the stage every time and they could just charge up a smash. i was all like GRR, stop doing that, thats not a character flaw that is abusable, its my own personal problem that you are abusing pointlessly in friendlies! but now i can almost do it most of the time, plus good DI helps alot

INSANE CARZY GUY

Banned via Warnings
well you play as mario and sometimes fox right? their sweetspot is HUGE conpared to pichu's. really it's beyond retarted they should have given him an easier one I mean the 1 frame of lag is amzing but I want to grab the edge sometimes. Really pichu has one of the hardest recoverys in the game. Plus you can't di with the C-stick all the time cause of freakin fair/dair lagy in air and self pain.

Have you tryed the perfect up-B thing and do you think I need to change anything hheeeerrrree?

j3ly

Smash Champion
uuhm to be honest with you i cant really decipher the article, its hard to read. the last half is cool, but how is upB cancel performed - the top of this guide lacks careful and obvious instructions.

Luckily u made the youtube vid lol, when i have a cube ill learn how to do it quick, and hopefully get material for another combo vid lol :D

actually unreal might be comming down today, if he does and i get the cancel down that will be sweeet :)
thankyou for discovering pichu for me

INSANE CARZY GUY

Banned via Warnings
The one thing truely different about me than other people is I am machine like in trying. I DON'T STOP. If I want to do something and I start I don't stop unless there is a H*** of a reason. It is a law of my mind I can't stop I won't kill myself, don't lie and etc. If everything is wasted my work destroyed I keep going like when I was banned. If I quit then I would never see what's to come and I could be at the tip of doing something amazing and not do it over something like it's hard. Life it's for p****s I,ve(in real life) looked and saw nothing worth caring for why keep going? Why try?

Because everything works out (not saying this because I believe in God) If I quit not now and die all I would ever get out of life is pain because I would be so blind as in not to see it and miss out on all the great things of tomorrow. I endure.

But yeah thanks I will rewrite it a bit. Wow that was great the it and bit wow I didn't even mean it but it was great.

j3ly

Smash Champion
The one thing truely different about me than other people is I am machine like in trying. I DON'T STOP. If I want to do something and I start I don't stop unless there is a H*** of a reason. It is a law of my mind I can't stop I won't kill myself, don't lie and etc. If everything is wasted my work destroyed I keep going like when I was banned. If I quit then I would never see what's to come and I could be at the tip of doing something amazing and not do it over something like it's hard. Life it's for p****s I,ve(in real life) looked and saw nothing worth caring for why keep going? Why try?

Because everything works out (not saying this because I believe in God) If I quit not now and die all I would ever get out of life is pain because I would be so blind as in not to see it and miss out on all the great things of tomorrow. I endure.

But yeah thanks I will rewrite it a bit. Wow that was great the it and bit wow I didn't even mean it but it was great.
ur a crazzzy mutha ****a man cos that had nothing to do with anything.. but by hell was it fun to read!!

xxxxxxD

INSANE CARZY GUY

Banned via Warnings
It was fun to write I,m really out there today I don't know if I should think or not. It's been a pretty crapy day. I WAS going to get to go to pound 4 but my dad believes it's fake.

zack152

Smash Journeyman
I think you should definently talk about stages. Get some screen shots of where you can sweetspot the edges from with this from the stage, while on platforms, show some of the tactical spots you can get to on the stage from platforms etc etc

INSANE CARZY GUY

Banned via Warnings
I wasn't even thinking about up-B great idea I can't really do that right now but I will see what I can do hey lets talk about stages in general not just up-B. you can start with whatever stage you want oh yeah I won't put up any stage related mindgames like you jjump on the cloud at yoshi's and down-smash them coming at you. wow that's a great idea I just thought that up like right now

Zone

Smash Champion
I like to take everyone who doesn't have a good recovery(Like Samus + Peach), to Mute City. And while they are recovering hit them with a fully charged Forward B. They can't sweet spot boha

Fixed my first sentence btw EDIT

INSANE CARZY GUY

Banned via Warnings
Thanks for your veiws I think it would be good for sheik but I hate the platform you ride on kills any approach I have just feel crushed like falcon.

Zone

Smash Champion
Thanks for your veiws I think it would be good for sheik but I hate the platform you ride on kills any approach I have just feel crushed like falcon.
lol I wouldn't really consider it a counter pick. It's just something I always do Cuz I get to land some highly charged Forward B's on people lol.

INSANE CARZY GUY

Banned via Warnings
I wish pichu had an super legit way to break sheilds jab is decent due to sheild stun and it's rate of fire and peach/zedla can't grab you during and I doubt up-smash. The reasoning of me saying that was I was thinking ahead from a better way to land side-B. oh yeah side-B cancels fully changed from both PS and FD when your at the end and you can perfect up-B back on or spmething.

What do you think would be a good place for sheik? I like battlefield but I think that's good for sheik isn't it? I don't know that much.

As of now my pichu(and anyone that's not the ice climbers) has gone to H*** and sucks I can still perfect up-B and stuff but I will need a few hours to get back in the flow of things. It's been a fair weeks since I,ve played someone able to wd

Sasha

Smash Journeyman
So... this sounds cool and all... but is there any way that anyone could put up a vid of this? Maybe I'm just not grasping the concept too well.

TunaCasserole

Smash Journeyman
I'm actually really liking the Up-B chasing stuff, though I'm still trying to get it to work. I can do it sometimes, but not all the time, which makes it too dangerous to add to my game just yet. Also, the Up-B to PC Hog is pretty nice. Just kind of risky, because if you misjudge the distance you'll just fly off.

Anyway, yeah -- Let's talk about stages, since I really don't know what I'd pick in tournament as Pichu. Honestly, I think I'd ban FD instantly. While Pichu can get off some pretty nice combos on it, it's just too painful for him against most of the cast.

What stages do you think are naturally good for Pichu? I feel like battlefield might be the best option for Pichu overall, since it's moderately-sized and the platforms do pretty well for him. I find YS and FoD to be too small to be a worthwhile counterpick, though I actually don't mind playing on those stages. It's just ******** to get killed at 60% every stock. Dreamland is alright also, since it has a high ceiling to keep Pichu alive for a bit longer, but that means you'll have to rely more on edgeguards than U-smashing, for instance (which is fine with me, since most of my kills tend to be edgeguards anyways).

And DK64...well, I hate that god **** stage so much. But it might not be so bad for Pichu, actually. Thoughts on this stuff?

INSANE CARZY GUY

Banned via Warnings
I hate the kd64 stage too harray we should make a hate clan I don't care if they ban it or not but I do hate it sometimes.

Yeah battlefield is really good It's really good for your F-smash edge gaurd and the edge isn't any harder to sweetspot well at least for me. the platforms are nearly perfect for up-B junk. But pichu's stages depend on who he is fighting like dl64 is amazing but vs people like puff you know, it's really good vs like fox or marth. DK64 is a fair pichu stage you cab up-b in the middle and you can choose to use the barrel or not when recovering and I've checked down-smash is a semi spike I've down-smash cpus coming up from the bottom at like 80%. but I hate the edge you can't tech the wall and the ceiling is way to high to be useful and the sides aren't good yeah this isn't that good of a stage but pichu can recovery thought the floor

Hey at some point we need to talk about DI for like chain throws and fox's upair and that junk in general teah I'll list some of this up later.

But the up-B to the edge thing you have like 2 feet of brakes like go to battlefield roll to the edge of a platform up-B without jumping to the other side you got a shorter up-B because that's your safetly zone if you get another pichu to roll to the edge of the platform and jump up and up-B off you can see how long the safetly zone is.

Top Bottom