• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pichu can moonwalk! Might be useful.

Coen

BRoomer
BRoomer
Well, sort of.

It can be done like this. Try it out

Go to FD, go near the left edge and run to the right side. When you're at full speed, turn around (=control stick to the left) and halfway the turn you should turn around again (= control stick to the right). At that moment you should notice Pichu doing some kind of moonwalk. While doing the moonwalk, jump and you should see a Falcon-like moonwalk jump. (not as far as Falcon's jump but still further than your normal jump.)

Now find your uses for it yourself :p like edgehogging or whatever. Watch me doing it at 2:38 in my first vid. Yes, it was a random one :p and Pichu should even be able to jump further backwards that that.

Coen

BRoomer
BRoomer
marthsword knows it ^^ respect

to make this post actually useful:

maybe you can use the moonwalk to reach places you've never been before XD

nah really, edgehogging or delaying your run are the best uses I can find for it. I'll try it out some more.

St. Viers

Smash Champion
sorry for my n00b question, but what exactly is moonwalking? I've heard several people refer to WDing as that, but it isn't the same, and the only thing I can find is a diagram of how to do it better...

apologies for highjacking thread

marthsword

Smash Ace
sorry for my n00b question, but what exactly is moonwalking? I've heard several people refer to WDing as that, but it isn't the same, and the only thing I can find is a diagram of how to do it better...

apologies for highjacking thread
It's fine, moonwalking isn't that useful and I didn't know what it was till a while ago. Check out this video made by Zhu: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wDiQ0qJd1p4 I hope that explains it for you. Falcon isn't the only character you can do it with, read T0MMY's post. Falcon just has the best moonwalk. Hope that helps.

Top Bottom