• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Physical Adjustments to the N64 Controller

allcityink

Smash Rookie
I just searched all over the N64 forums for threads regarding controllers, but none talked about changing the controller to adjust its potential, accuracy, sensitivity, etc. I was wondering if anyone has actually taken a screwdriver to his controller and physically changed it in some way that had positive affect on his gameplay. Whether it is just stiffening the joystick, or actually changing the design of the controller in a revolutionary way, I'd like to hear if anyone has done something like this.

Umbrasquall

Smash Ace
Are you talking about online play or the actual system. If you try that in a tournament offline it'll get discovered pretty quickly. For computer online play it's easy to do: just lower the deadzone.

_kSo_

Smash Master
I just searched all over the N64 forums for threads regarding controllers, but none talked about changing the controller to adjust its potential, accuracy, sensitivity, etc. I was wondering if anyone has actually taken a screwdriver to his controller and physically changed it in some way that had positive affect on his gameplay. Whether it is just stiffening the joystick, or actually changing the design of the controller in a revolutionary way, I'd like to hear if anyone has done something like this.
on old controllers, this worked wonders for me:
http://codebook.potchgult.com/stickrepair/stickfix.htm

Top Bottom