• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Phantom Wings has decided to take a long break.

Revven

FrankerZ
Phantom Wings said:
As of now I currently declare myself inactive. That being said, I will be no longer accepting requests from any source nor will I be creating anymore codes... I am not sure how long I will remain inactive, but I can assure you that I will still be open to support any hackers who need assistance.

This is probably very abrupt but the reason for my declaration of inactivity is simply due to the fact that these days I do not have enough time to get anything thoroughly done. That, and because almost all of Brawl has been hacked beyond limits that anyone has seen for a video game. All of that, however, is undermined by the all consuming factor of stress. While I realize there are large expectations for me, those expectations are made all the more stressful when after multiple weeks of work I have nothing to show for the expected codes. So in order to take some stress off of my life, I am going to go inactive for a while.

I must apologize to everyone who has recently requested a code from me in which I've replied in that I would try to work on them as now I will not be completing the promised codes. Fortunately there are many capable hackers out there, so feel free to see about enlisting their help if the code is absolutely essential.

I am fully aware that I am leaving many things unfinished such as the 7-Player Brawl code or the code for using Ganondorf's Sword, so I grant any hacker out there the freedom to try and modify or complete any code that I have made but left in a semi unfinished state. (this includes the file replacement code if anyone wishes to take up the torch in attempting to get music working) I, of course will be open to questions if a fellow hacker needs help understanding anything - just be aware that I may not be on as often.

Thank you all for your support and companionship here at the GSCentral boards - this has been my main home when it has come to posting my codes and in my opinion it has been the best out of all the boards out there. I expect that the world of hacking will eventually draw me back, but for now I will be parting for a while.

Seeyah.

~Phantom Wings
For those of you who did not know, this is why this topic was made. Please do not expect any codes for a good while from him. This means we won't get the AD compromise code like we wanted.

goodoldganon

Smash Champion
Good for him he deserves a break and we truly only NEED 2-3 more big codes, all which we can live without for the time being. Not to sound ungrateful but did he ever figure out that code to change Ike's taunt to 'I fight for my friends?' :p

Either way, as I said, good for him. This project wouldn't really be as successful as it is without him and we love him for all the work he did. Still, get him in the BR...

D

Deleted member

Phantom Wings almost single-handedly startedand fueled the Brawl+ project.
everytime we needed a major code he was the one that provided it or helped someone get it done.

I have nothing but the greatest respect for him, and if anyone deserves a break it is him.

Almas

Smash Lord
I sent him a message on GSCentral and received a fairly prompt reply. While PW is no longer working on codes he'll be keeping an eye on the Brawl+ project when he gets the time, and he will still be added to this group.

Top Bottom