• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Phantasm Spike usefullness?

The H Kid

Original
Today I just barely noticed that the Phantasm can spike and I was wondering if there was any way that the spike can be put to use. Well, any way it can be put to GOOD use.
So I figured "Who better to ask then Falco mains?"
Is there any strategys or anything?

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
The most obvious way to put the spike to good use could be to gimp someone of their recovery while ensuring YOU make it back to the stage or an edge on *what use would it be if it got you killed in the process?* However seriously thinking, maybe you could spike somebody into an explosive for example, but if you don't have items on you could spike somebody into the chimera's teeth in NYC (err...I mean Newpork city >.>)

BEES

Smash Lord
We use it to approach. Short Hop Aerial Phantam. That way when it hits opponents, they get spiked into the floor and can't get up as quickly. If you do it on the ground, the spiking element is not there.

ixdnL

Smash Journeyman
If you mean spiking into the abyss, it's usually too weak to be useful for a kill. But it could lead to edgeguarding options.

XACE-K

Smash Master
It's best for an approach but you can still try to spike somebody when you're off the stage.

Top Bottom