• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

PewPewU First Smash Player Sponsored By Counter Logic Gaming!

LiteralGrill

Smokin' Hot~
In an exciting announcement, famed Melee player Kevin “PewPewU” Toy has joined the Counter Logic Gaming team as its first Smash player! According to the official announcement, his first tournament as CLG.PewPewU will be at CEO 2015 on June 26-28. A vlog with PewPewU has been released as well with him discussing his personal history, joining CLG, and the Smash scene.

The full announcement can be found here on the CLG website. We all look forward to seeing how he and his Marth represent Counter Logic Gaming into the future!

SmashCapps dreams of a day when he could somehow join an eSports team, and extends congratulations to PewPewU on his achievment. Why not follow PewPewU and SmashCapps on Twitter to keep up with both of their Smash careers.

Last edited:

C_Mill24

Smash Journeyman
NNID
C-Mill24
3DS FC
3609-1632-1621
Since Kevin Toy is now a part of Counter Logic, does that mean he'll be utilizing Marth's counter more in his gameplay?

DownsideC

Smash Cadet
NNID
Audiohades50
3DS FC
3797-8964-1796
The video was actually cool, never knew too much about PewPew, so getting a bit of info and backround seems nice.

Casval

Smash Journeyman
NNID
RX-104
Yeah! Congrats!

here's hoping to you breaking out Roy more often at GSATF (I can dream, right?)

proxibomb

Smash Clown
Anyone know what the point of an eSport sponsor is to a player? Like, do they pay for trips or something, or advertise the player?

Last edited:

J.P

Smash Journeyman
NNID
3DS FC
2466-2692-8715
Really happy to see him getting sponsored, he is one of the only top players that just plays the game, he never complains, causes drama, trash talks, etc. I hope he continues to grow as a smasher and gets at leaat top 8 at EVO. Toy is our boy!

ShadyWolfe

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ShaDow94
3DS FC
1203-9253-9419
Anyone know what the point of an eSport sponsor is to a player? Like, do they pay for trips or something, or advertise the player?
They tend to give them a wage, housing, and pay for trips and hotel fees for the League of Legends teams at least but it should be the same for the other sponsored players.

D

Deleted member

A flipped Smash 4 render...

Oh boy, the effooooooooooort....

shapular

Smash Ace
Why are people still sponsoring third rate Melee players when they could be sponsoring top Smash 4 players like Zero?

PK Illuminati

Banned via Warnings
He's a top player, but a third-rate one. And he plays a game that's starting to get beat out by Smash 4 at everything. Zero, Nairo, Dabuz, Nakat, etc. are ten times better.
What are you talking about? Pewpewu isn't sponsored for smash 4, and Zero Nairo Dabuz Nakat suck at melee.

If thats not what you meant,

Melee > Smash 4 in every way. Sm4sh will die soon.

Last edited:

shapular

Smash Ace
What are you talking about? Pewpewu isn't sponsored for smash 4, and Zero Nairo Dabuz Nakat suck at melee.

If thats not what you meant,

Melee > Smash 4 in every way. Sm4sh will die soon.
All those guys would easily be better than PPU at Melee if they practiced it. And lol Smash 4 isn't dying out look at the numbers. It's just getting bigger and bigger and it's surpassing Melee in entrants at most events. And lol no Melee isn't better than Smash 4 at all. But have fun playing your super imbalanced game where two characters kill everybody for free with a one-frame invincible move and you can punish people for hitting you just by crouching. If you ever want to play an actual good version of Ness, we're waiting for you in Smash 4 land.

PK Illuminati

Banned via Warnings
All those guys would easily be better than PPU at Melee if they practiced it. And lol Smash 4 isn't dying out look at the numbers. It's just getting bigger and bigger and it's surpassing Melee in entrants at most events. And lol no Melee isn't better than Smash 4 at all. But have fun playing your super imbalanced game where two characters kill everybody for free with a one-frame invincible move and you can punish people for hitting you just by crouching. If you ever want to play an actual good version of Ness, we're waiting for you in Smash 4 land.
Um no they wouldn't. Most of those people played Brawl first and are used to that gameplay. That was a completely baseless statement. Also, Brawl started the same way, but in about 3 years, it died. I love spacies, I have a pocket of Fox/Falco :p. That Ness is trash. It cant L-cancel, Wavedash, YoyoGlitch, PK Thunder Barrier, PK Thunder Barrier counter, no sweetspot bair, or even DJC.

Trash.

Have fun with 2 hit combos, and campy defensive gameplay bro. :)

Last edited:

shapular

Smash Ace
Um no they wouldn't. Most of those people played Brawl first and are used to that gameplay. That was a completely baseless statement. Also, Brawl started the same way, but in about 3 years, it died. I love spacies, I have a pocket of Fox/Falco :p. That Ness is trash. It cant L-cancel, Wavedash, YoyoGlitch, PK Thunder Barrier, PK Thunder Barrier counter, no sweetspot bair, or even DJC.

Trash.

Have fun with 2 hit combos, and campy defensive gameplay bro. :)
Oh you're right Brawl died in 3 years I forgot I guess that explains why it had more entrants than Melee at every Apex until 2014.
And you're right Melee Ness can do those things I guess it makes up for his bad moveset.
And oh no Smash 4 has a variety of viable playstyles whatever will we do rushdown is the only way.
Fox and Falco definitely aren't the best campers in all of Smash with their long-distance easily spammable unclankable projectiles with hitstun and their fast speed and high mobility. Definitely not.
And campy Melee players like Mew2King, Hungrybox, and aMSa definitely don't do well in tournaments with their campy playstyles because camping doesn't work in Melee at all.

PK Illuminati

Banned via Warnings
Oh you're right Brawl died in 3 years I forgot I guess that explains why it had more entrants than Melee at every Apex until 2014.
And you're right Melee Ness can do those things I guess it makes up for his bad moveset.
And oh no Smash 4 has a variety of viable playstyles whatever will we do rushdown is the only way.
Fox and Falco definitely aren't the best campers in all of Smash with their long-distance easily spammable unclankable projectiles with hitstun and their fast speed and high mobility. Definitely not.
And campy Melee players like Mew2King, Hungrybox, and aMSa definitely don't do well in tournaments with their campy playstyles because camping doesn't work in Melee at all.
Brawl is dead. 176 entrants at Apex. Pretty dead. No. It just means he is better than Sm4sh ness, but not retrospectively in their games. I prefer rushdown. I never said they weren't. They are, Fox/Falco are the best characters by far. Thousands of players don't care? :O LOL don't compare Melee camping to Sm4sh camping, PLEASE.

Thermal

Smash Rookie
Fox and Falco definitely aren't the best campers in all of Smash with their long-distance easily spammable unclankable projectiles with hitstun and their fast s
Don't Melee Ness and Smash 4 have the same move set aside from a smaller F-Air? Ness has insanely more depth in PM and Melee with DJCs, Smash 4 Ness is pretty much D-Throw --> FAir. Also the best campers in all of Smash are Villagers with Exploding Balloon customs and Brawl Meta Knight. Seriously, watch Zero vs. ADHD Brawl SKTAR 2. Zero hits him and shuttle loops away for the next 20 seconds or so. Also, Nakat vs. M2K GOML 2014 WF and GF were extremely campy. Fox's laser has very little hitstun to none, IIRC.

shapular

Smash Ace
Don't Melee Ness and Smash 4 have the same move set aside from a smaller F-Air? Ness has insanely more depth in PM and Melee with DJCs, Smash 4 Ness is pretty much D-Throw --> FAir. Also the best campers in all of Smash are Villagers with Exploding Balloon customs and Brawl Meta Knight. Seriously, watch Zero vs. ADHD Brawl SKTAR 2. Zero hits him and shuttle loops away for the next 20 seconds or so. Also, Nakat vs. M2K GOML 2014 WF and GF were extremely campy. Fox's laser has very little hitstun to none, IIRC.
DJC doesn't add depth. It just changes the properties of his jump. In Melee Ness can't rise with an aerial, in Smash 4 he can. They have the same moves but Smash 4 Ness's version of the moves are better except for bthrow.

Zero lost that match. Every Brawl player remembers it. And I can point you to Zero's Melee play and all the hate that he gets from Melee players for it. Zero's a campy player in general, except for in Smash 4. Brawl MK is good at camping, but he doesn't have the best projectiles in all of Smash like Fox and Falco do. You just don't often see high-level camping from those characters in Melee because there's a stigma against camping in the Melee scene. It's not that Melee isn't just as campy as any other game, it's that the current Melee players just don't want to do it even if it will win them more games.

IdkLmao

Banned via Warnings
Can you stop please? This has nothing to do with smash 4. We're trying to congratulate pewpewu.

Congrats Pewpewu on your sponsorship

Last edited:
Top Bottom