• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Petey Piranha, The Pessimistic Plant for Smash 4!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fun With Knives

Smash Rookie
I feel like Petey, being a flower/plant thing, should have some sort of percent restoring move or special. As for the trap people with inky goo idea, that seems like it would get really annoying really quickly. But maybe Petey would work well as a ridiculous trolling character.
Gives me an idea. Petey's grab meta would likely be based on biting, and healing on that would be a very interesting touch.

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
I actually enjoy the character (he was always amusing in SMS, and was a great batter in the first Mario Superstar Baseball), and would not mind him playable. That said, he's not happening. But I'd be happy to design a moveset for him in the future nevertheless. :awesome:

GetBentSaggy

Smash Apprentice
I feel like Petey, being a flower/plant thing, should have some sort of percent restoring move or special.
It would have to be a small amount, like how much food restores. What would be better is if the move was fairly random with how much health it restores (anywhere from 2-5 per cent).

PMS | LEVEL 100 MAGIKARP

Hologram Summer Again
It would have to be a small amount, like how much food restores. What would be better is if the move was fairly random with how much health it restores (anywhere from 2-5 per cent).
The random food regain amount is a good idea. I feel like if there was such a move, it shouldn't be a special attack or smash/tilt attack as it would be too spammable. What I was thinking would be a throw, grab or pummel that restores some health, which requires that the player has some skill in getting the grab in the first place. As for grabs, the grab mechanic could be a sort of vine whipping out, which could grab from somewhat long range, but have a blind spot closer to Petey.

:phone:

Fun With Knives

Smash Rookie
The random food regain amount is a good idea. I feel like if there was such a move, it shouldn't be a special attack or smash/tilt attack as it would be too spammable. What I was thinking would be a throw, grab or pummel that restores some health, which requires that the player has some skill in getting the grab in the first place. As for grabs, the grab mechanic could be a sort of vine whipping out, which could grab from somewhat long range, but have a blind spot closer to Petey.

The pummel would be visually excellent, with the enemy being held in Petey's mouth and a pummel of him chewing.

The grab is more questionable. I'd go with him lunging forward in an attempt to bite, having long range, but a delay for him to regain his balance if he misses.

Lukingordex

No Custom Titles Allowed
Switch FC
SW-6444-7862-9014
Bowser Jr. > Any other Mario character > Petey Piranha

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Pretty much. :urg:

However, I'd personally put Petey above Waluigi.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
No actual roles to speak of yet immensively requested by the Mario Kart / Golf / Tennis playing masses? Who are mostly trolls as well.

D

Deleted member

Yes, because one has to be a troll to like Waluigi. :rolleyes:

As for "actual roles", I've already pointed out that there is no such thing as "mainstream" Mario titles, as the entire Mario series (as well as the Donkey Kong Country series) are spin-offs of the original Donkey Kong.
So all in all, every Mario title is a spin-off.

Aside from that, none of them are more canon than others, as Miyamoto points out that the characters are more likened to a trope of actors playing certain roles. He even points out that there is NO set canon.

That being said, Waluigi was the main villain of Mario Party 3 and DDR Mario Mix. That's more than can what be said for Petey Piranha, who has never been the main villain of anything.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
DKC is no spin off thank you. If anything, Mario Bros. and DKC marked a new start for both series.

Petey was my personal arch nenemis in Mario Kart Double Dash though. Always at first place as a CPU, and even worse in Mirror Mode. Petey made me rage a lot in Double Dash...

And having to do A WHOLE GRANDPIX over again is much, much, much more evil than having to do a match of golf or tennis over again. :smirk:
Only half serious though, you know how LONG a cup in Double Dash takes?? T_T

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
How how long does a round of golf take? There are 18 holes, and each hole isn't always fast.

Plus you have to compensate for the wind, etc before making strikes.

And traps, and water...

D

Deleted member

DKC is no spin off thank you. If anything, Mario Bros. and DKC marked a new start for both series.
You need to get over your hatred of DKC being labeled as a spin-off. DKC is a spin-off of the original Donkey Kong. This is not debateable.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Especially since it doesn't star THE Donkey Kong. It stars his son/ grandson

Also Donkey Kong's main character playable was NEVER Donkey Kong

D

Deleted member

Yeah it was Jumpman (Mario), DK Jr., and Stanley the Bug Man (I wonder why he never came back; Pauline did...)

Lukingordex

No Custom Titles Allowed
Switch FC
SW-6444-7862-9014
People who hates Waluigi but support characters like Geno or Petey Piranha really isn't feeling very good...

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
People who hates Waluigi but support characters like Geno or Petey Piranha really isn't feeling very good...
It's favoritism really. And everyone here is guilty of it to some extent.

Do you think Petey could be a stage hazard? That might be a good way to include him, if he doesn't return as a boss or become a character.

Fun With Knives

Smash Rookie
It's favoritism really. And everyone here is guilty of it to some extent.

Do you think Petey could be a stage hazard? That might be a good way to include him, if he doesn't return as a boss or become a character.
I can see that as a possibility, especially with the incorporation of Goop, but I think he'd be an incredibly interesting character.

volbound1700

Smash Master
Well Petey Piranha and Waluigi have something going for them that some of the other Mario characters do not, they have both appeared in a major role in the most recent Smash game.

Dark Phazon

Smash Hero

Petey was my personal arch nenemis in Mario Kart Double Dash though. Always at first place as a CPU, and even worse in Mirror Mode. Petey made me rage a lot in Double Dash...

And having to do A WHOLE GRANDPIX over again is much, much, much more evil than having to do a match of golf or tennis over again. :smirk:
Only half serious though, you know how LONG a cup in Double Dash takes?? T_T

Looool bro tell me about it..the guy always shoots his ''Red shells' backwards and they always hit you...he was defenetly harder than all the other CPU's i would love his inclusion and i think he has more of a chance than we think?

Also he could be a WTF char a nice bonus one at that but yh Size doesnt matter in Smash.

I would want Petey in over Toad/Waluigi/Paper Mario & Baby bowser!

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
I would consider Petey to be the final boss of Double Dash... His AI >>>> everyone else. He ALWAYS ends up first place.

volbound1700

Smash Master
Toad and Toadette rocked in DD. I won everytime with them. I always had trouble with both of them and the Koopa Trooper/Paratrooper combo because they are the fastest characters.

BridgesWithTurtles

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3523-2059-7939
Petey is my favorite Mario character, but personally, I don't support him. The characters I support are ones I feel should be playable, not those I necessarily want. That being said, I'd definitely main Petey should he somehow actually get in.

Hypothetical moveset ramblings: Maybe traits of other types of Piranha Plants could be incorporated, such as spewing fireballs, or emitting toxic breath (like the Putrid Piranhas in Paper Mario).

Fun With Knives

Smash Rookie
I would still go with a clumsy moveset dependent on using Goop to set up powerful hits. With Goop spitting and the ability to fly (rather clumsily at that), he already has two abilities which fit perfectly with it.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
A clumpsy but trolling moveset he needs. What about ink traps formone special, and tornados for another attack? Think like the tornados we had on Hyrule Castle 64. Keeping characters close, and at distance the same way? The rest of his moveset should be slow, clumpsy but powerful headbutting attacks. And a few akwward attacks involving it's 'arms'. Bites would be cool to. Also, his CPU AI should be much better than every other character. :smirk:

D

Deleted member

I rather see his moveset based on Super Mario Sunshine rather than the Subspace Emissary. I don't want him to see him attack with cages again.

8-peacock-8

Smash Hero
B: Vomit mud/slime (Will spawn those bubble enemies from Mario Sunshine that jump at you and cover you in sludge)
Forward B: Tornado - Petey will do his tornado attack from Mario Sunshine
Up B: Flight
Down B: Scream - Petey will do his shockwave attack from Super Princess Peach

Final Smash: Mega Strike - Petey will do his Mega Strike. However, he will spit out six large sludge balls instead of Soccer Balls.

Da Plant

Smash Rookie

That's right, Petey support thread here. I'm a huge Petey fan, and I was shocked that I didn't find a support thread for him! I mean, I only just joined, but I did search for it.

Petey is my all-time favorite Mario character, and would love to see him as a playable character in the next Smash Bros.

MOVESET:
[collapse=Moveset by MechaWave]Introduction
Petey Piranha (ボスパックン) is a humongous Piranha Plant that is thought to be the King of Piranha Plants. Ever since his apperance in Super Mario Sunshine he has gained extreme popularity (for some odd reason), thus allowing him to appear in a lot of Mario spin-off titles. While not appearing the the Galaxy games, he is Dino Piranha and Peewee Piranha are basically a tribute to him, so you can count them sort of. Petey Piranha was scrapped from Mario Kart Wii (he still has a CSS icon in the game) and Mario Sports Mix (he still has model information), more than likely because of time issues and in favor of Daisy's stage, respectively.

While you all may doubt his inclusion in Smash 4 as a playable character, he should not go unmentioned. He was on Sakurai's Brawl poll and has a lot of popularity. Other than the argument between Bowser Jr. and Toad, you can also put Petey Piranha there because there is no one else. Who knows he could appear alongside Bowser Jr. or Toad. Nevertheless I don't think he'll be included, but this moveset is to show that he does have a fighting side to him.

Attributes
Petey Piranha is your typical heavyweight: slow with strong attacks. However Petey has great aerial mobility with 4 jumps and the ability to fly. Petey may have slow attacks (most of them being his Smash attacks), he cannot be KO'd easily. Petey is not as big as he is like in the SSE or Sunshine. Probably the same as in Double Dash!!.

Think of him somewhat smaller than he is here.

Strength: 10/10
Weight: 10/10 (Heavier than Dedede.)
Speed: 5/10 (With those stubby legs he can move around nicely.)
Priority: 7-8/10
Attack Speed: 4/10 (Slow for most attacks.)
Aerial Mobility: 7.5/10
Water Mobility: 5/10
Shield: 10/10 (Humungous.)
Size: 10/10 (Really big.)
Jump: 9/10 (Has 4 jumps.)
Range: 9/10
Fastfall: 9/10 (Slower than Dedede's surprisingly.)

Series Icon Mushroom
Unlockable? I'd like him to be unlocked. :3
Wall Jump? No.
Crawl? No.
Glide? No.

Playstyle
Later.

Pros/Cons

Pros
+ Huge size means hard to KO and long range
+ All attacks have incredible power, most with huge knockback
+ 4 aerial jumps and the ability to fly freely means great recovery for his weight class
+ Can KO early
+ Good stage control
+ Range is amazing

Cons
- Huge size means an easy target
- Slow attacks
- A lot of KO moves mean most moves don't combo into others
- Petey does terrible against characters with extremely fast attacks (MK)

[collapse=Regular Moves/Tilts]Jab : Leaf Sweep
Petey hits in front of him twice with his leaf arms.

Very fast, comes out on frame 1. Petey's fastest and safest move, even OoS. 5% first hit, 4% second.

——————————————————————————————

Forward tilt : Leaf Slap
Petey swooshes his leaf arm with great force at an angle.

Sort of slow but a good move. KOs well. Can be used to reach someone in a place you can't necessarily reach them (ledge). 10%.

Up tilt : Petey Headbutt
Petey thrusts his head upwards with great force.

Petey's best KO move. Fast and strong with a huge hitbox because of Petey's massive head. A whopping 14%-15%.

Down tilt : Petey Swoosh
Petey swooshes his body forward.

While it does KO well it has 2 hitboxes that last the whole move, meaning it's one of Petey's few multi-hitting moves. Is it good? Yes! Somewhat slow, though (but what did you expect?). 13%.

Dash attack : Petey Twirl
Petey spins like a ballerina, hitting multiple times.

Does a good deal of damage if all hits connect (they usually do). Doesn't KO as early as Petey's other moves. 13%-15%.[/collapse]
[collapse=Smash Moves]Up Smash : Petey Headspin
Petey shows off his crazy dance skills by spinning on his head while twirling his stubby legs above him.

Fast startup but slow ending lag. 18% uncharged, 25% fully charged.

Side Smash : Piranha Bite
A piranha's signature move: bite. Petey opens his mouth and chomps the opponent. Petey also acts like a magnet, attracting his opponent closer to him like Ganondorf's utilt.

Incredibly powerful with amazing range. While slow, landing this move isn't hard. 20% uncharged, 29% fully charged. Possibly the most powerful regular move in the game.

Down Smash : Double Leaf Repel
Petey wipes his leaf arms to both sides of him.

Petey's weakest Smash, causing above-average knockback and reasonable amount of damage. 15% uncharged, 19%-21% charged.[/collapse]
[collapse=Aerial Attacks]Neutral aerial : Double Leaf Swipe
Petey swipes both of his leaf arms at an angle (one at a higher angle, the other lower).

Terrible move because of Petey's size. Causing moderate knockback and moderate damage, while having low range it's one of Petey's worst moves. 11%-12%.

Up aerial : Upper Bite
Petey extends his neck and opens his mouth for a quick nibble.

Fast move that KOs around 90%. Good range. 13%-14%.

Back aerial : Aerial Leaf Swipe
Petey swipes his leaf behind him with great force.

Another killer that Petey posses (not like he didn't have enough of them.) 12%-15%.

Down aerial : Stubby Drill
Petey extends his stubby legs and drills the opponent. Meteor smashes with the last hit.

Think of it like Kirby's dair but stronger. 14%-16%.

Forward aerial : Petey Spike
Petey, with mighty force, slams his head causing the earth to create a canyon.

Slow startup but if it hits your opponent is in for a deadly meteor smash.[/collapse]
[collapse=Special Moves]Neutral special : Graffiti Upchuck
Petey prepares to vomit goop onto the stage.

This move is a staple in Petey's metagame and allows Petey to approach. You can charge this move allowing for more goop and for the goop to travel farther. While charging you can also angle Petey's head so the goop travels where you want it to. It's not nessecary to charge because Petey already vomits enough goop by just pressing the button.

If the opponent goes over the goop, he/she will experience slippery movement (similar to ice but not identical) and attacks experience either startup lag or end lag. The move comes out fast but Petey can only vomit 3 barrels (lol) of goop onto the stage (else the whole stage would be slippery). Petey obviously does not experience slipperyness.

At times Swoopin' Stus will come out of the goop. Depending on color they do different levels of damage. If Swoopin' Stus leave the goop area and proceed to an area of the stage without goop, they will leave a trail of goop behind them. They only last 5 seconds and fall off of ledges. They will wander without any purpose if there is no opponent anywhere. They don't KO opponents and cause low knockback. Blues cause 4% damage, Greens do 6% and Reds do 8%.

Goop Piranha Plants appear too but aren't as big as regular ones. They cause moderate knockback and do 12% damage. They are less frequent than Swoopin' Stus. They're about the same size as in the picture.

Petey can also spit goop while airborne.

Side special : Tornado
Petey prepares to swipe his leaves so fast that he creates a tornado.

Almost as broken as Meta Knight's Mach Tornado. The more you charge it the farther it travels. It has 3 levels of charging. Level 1 does a maximum of 12%. Level 2 does a maximum of 16%. Level 3 does a maximum of 21%. That is, if all hits connect. It has incredible vertical range.

Up special : Fly
Petey hops up a little then proceeds to fly freely.

A very simple recovery. Think of it as R.O.B.'s recovery. Petey has a maximum of 5 seconds to fly freely then he will turn helpless. If you press the button to Fly, then use Bair, and fly again, Petey will then have less time. Petey must reach the ground so that he doesn't become tired. His meter will then quickly regenerate and you can then fly again for 5 seconds.

Basically: ROB's recovery and Pit's recovery combined.

Down special : Petal Gun
Petey detaches his flower petals from his head. They travel as fast as Sheik's needles.

Petey's projectile, and a good one too! They're basically identical to Sheik's needles but can be angled with the control stick. Petey will shoot all of his petals when you press the button, so you'll have to press it again to make him stop shooting, so they're not as versatile. Petey's petals grow back in less than 2 seconds.[/collapse]
[collapse=Grabs and Throws]Grab : Range
Petey grabs with his leaf arms.

Petey has good range because of his big arms.

Grab : Pummel
Petey slaps the opponent.

Very slow but each hit does 4%. It also is very amusing to look at.

Grab : Up throw
Petey throws his opponent upwards.

Throws as high as Jiggly's up throw. 10%.

Grab : Back throw
Petey shoulders the opponent.

Good knockback. 11%.

Grab : Down throw
Petey tip toes on the opponent a few times then kicks them.

13%.

Grab : Forward throw
Petey slaps the opponent a few more times and then delivers a final slap.

Petey's strongest throw. 14%.[/collapse]
[collapse=[B]Duck[/B] : Crouch
Petey sleeps like he does in Sunshine.

Yayyyy.

Get-up : Attack
Petey hits his head both directions and proceeds to get up.[/collapse]

[collapse=Final Smash]Final Smash : Screech

Petey screeches incredibly loud, delivering 70% of damage and high knockback once he finishes.[/collapse]
[collapse=Other]Alternate Costumes
- Regular color
- Pale green
- Pink
- White
- Green

Taunts
Up taunt
Petey laughs so hard he gets a little goop on his mouth and wipes it off.

Side taunt
Petey falls asleep for 3 seconds with a bubble coming out of his nose.

Down taunt
Petey spits out goop.[/collapse][/collapse]

There you have the Petey thread! I know this was rushed, but I will begin to fix it add other stuff later. I just wanted to get this thread on the move. Ciao!

Rasumii

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Rasumii
I find it hard to believe that there is no Petey thread...

EDIT: Ah, it got moved. I figured there was another thread.

Hippopotasauce

Smash Lord
NNID
Hippopotasauce
You know for Brawl I had full support of him as a playable character, but I'm willing to admit now that it's miles from a likely thing.

Tepig2000

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2938-8785-9936

That's right, Petey support thread here. I'm a huge Petey fan, and I was shocked that I didn't find a support thread for him! I mean, I only just joined, but I did search for it.

Petey is my all-time favorite Mario character, and would love to see him as a playable character in the next Smash Bros.

MOVESET:
[collapse=Moveset by MechaWave]Introduction
Petey Piranha (ボスパックン) is a humongous Piranha Plant that is thought to be the King of Piranha Plants. Ever since his apperance in Super Mario Sunshine he has gained extreme popularity (for some odd reason), thus allowing him to appear in a lot of Mario spin-off titles. While not appearing the the Galaxy games, he is Dino Piranha and Peewee Piranha are basically a tribute to him, so you can count them sort of. Petey Piranha was scrapped from Mario Kart Wii (he still has a CSS icon in the game) and Mario Sports Mix (he still has model information), more than likely because of time issues and in favor of Daisy's stage, respectively.

While you all may doubt his inclusion in Smash 4 as a playable character, he should not go unmentioned. He was on Sakurai's Brawl poll and has a lot of popularity. Other than the argument between Bowser Jr. and Toad, you can also put Petey Piranha there because there is no one else. Who knows he could appear alongside Bowser Jr. or Toad. Nevertheless I don't think he'll be included, but this moveset is to show that he does have a fighting side to him.

Attributes
Petey Piranha is your typical heavyweight: slow with strong attacks. However Petey has great aerial mobility with 4 jumps and the ability to fly. Petey may have slow attacks (most of them being his Smash attacks), he cannot be KO'd easily. Petey is not as big as he is like in the SSE or Sunshine. Probably the same as in Double Dash!!.

Think of him somewhat smaller than he is here.

Strength: 10/10
Weight: 10/10 (Heavier than Dedede.)
Speed: 5/10 (With those stubby legs he can move around nicely.)
Priority: 7-8/10
Attack Speed: 4/10 (Slow for most attacks.)
Aerial Mobility: 7.5/10
Water Mobility: 5/10
Shield: 10/10 (Humungous.)
Size: 10/10 (Really big.)
Jump: 9/10 (Has 4 jumps.)
Range: 9/10
Fastfall: 9/10 (Slower than Dedede's surprisingly.)

Series Icon Mushroom
Unlockable? I'd like him to be unlocked. :3
Wall Jump? No.
Crawl? No.
Glide? No.

Playstyle
Later.

Pros/Cons

Pros
+ Huge size means hard to KO and long range
+ All attacks have incredible power, most with huge knockback
+ 4 aerial jumps and the ability to fly freely means great recovery for his weight class
+ Can KO early
+ Good stage control
+ Range is amazing

Cons
- Huge size means an easy target
- Slow attacks
- A lot of KO moves mean most moves don't combo into others
- Petey does terrible against characters with extremely fast attacks (MK)

[collapse=Regular Moves/Tilts]Jab : Leaf Sweep
Petey hits in front of him twice with his leaf arms.

Very fast, comes out on frame 1. Petey's fastest and safest move, even OoS. 5% first hit, 4% second.

Forward tilt : Leaf Slap
Petey swooshes his leaf arm with great force at an angle.

Sort of slow but a good move. KOs well. Can be used to reach someone in a place you can't necessarily reach them (ledge). 10%.

Up tilt : Petey Headbutt
Petey thrusts his head upwards with great force.

Petey's best KO move. Fast and strong with a huge hitbox because of Petey's massive head. A whopping 14%-15%.

Down tilt : Petey Swoosh
Petey swooshes his body forward.

While it does KO well it has 2 hitboxes that last the whole move, meaning it's one of Petey's few multi-hitting moves. Is it good? Yes! Somewhat slow, though (but what did you expect?). 13%.

Dash attack : Petey Twirl
Petey spins like a ballerina, hitting multiple times.

Does a good deal of damage if all hits connect (they usually do). Doesn't KO as early as Petey's other moves. 13%-15%.[/collapse]
[collapse=Smash Moves]Up Smash : Petey Headspin
Petey shows off his crazy dance skills by spinning on his head while twirling his stubby legs above him.

Fast startup but slow ending lag. 18% uncharged, 25% fully charged.

Side Smash : Piranha Bite
A piranha's signature move: bite. Petey opens his mouth and chomps the opponent. Petey also acts like a magnet, attracting his opponent closer to him like Ganondorf's utilt.

Incredibly powerful with amazing range. While slow, landing this move isn't hard. 20% uncharged, 29% fully charged. Possibly the most powerful regular move in the game.

Down Smash : Double Leaf Repel
Petey wipes his leaf arms to both sides of him.

Petey's weakest Smash, causing above-average knockback and reasonable amount of damage. 15% uncharged, 19%-21% charged.[/collapse]
[collapse=Aerial Attacks]Neutral aerial : Double Leaf Swipe
Petey swipes both of his leaf arms at an angle (one at a higher angle, the other lower).

Terrible move because of Petey's size. Causing moderate knockback and moderate damage, while having low range it's one of Petey's worst moves. 11%-12%.

Up aerial : Upper Bite
Petey extends his neck and opens his mouth for a quick nibble.

Fast move that KOs around 90%. Good range. 13%-14%.

Back aerial : Aerial Leaf Swipe
Petey swipes his leaf behind him with great force.

Another killer that Petey posses (not like he didn't have enough of them.) 12%-15%.

Down aerial : Stubby Drill
Petey extends his stubby legs and drills the opponent. Meteor smashes with the last hit.

Think of it like Kirby's dair but stronger. 14%-16%.

Forward aerial : Petey Spike
Petey, with mighty force, slams his head causing the earth to create a canyon.

Slow startup but if it hits your opponent is in for a deadly meteor smash.[/collapse]
[collapse=Special Moves]Neutral special : Graffiti Upchuck
Petey prepares to vomit goop onto the stage.

This move is a staple in Petey's metagame and allows Petey to approach. You can charge this move allowing for more goop and for the goop to travel farther. While charging you can also angle Petey's head so the goop travels where you want it to. It's not nessecary to charge because Petey already vomits enough goop by just pressing the button.

If the opponent goes over the goop, he/she will experience slippery movement (similar to ice but not identical) and attacks experience either startup lag or end lag. The move comes out fast but Petey can only vomit 3 barrels (lol) of goop onto the stage (else the whole stage would be slippery). Petey obviously does not experience slipperyness.

At times Swoopin' Stus will come out of the goop. Depending on color they do different levels of damage. If Swoopin' Stus leave the goop area and proceed to an area of the stage without goop, they will leave a trail of goop behind them. They only last 5 seconds and fall off of ledges. They will wander without any purpose if there is no opponent anywhere. They don't KO opponents and cause low knockback. Blues cause 4% damage, Greens do 6% and Reds do 8%.

Goop Piranha Plants appear too but aren't as big as regular ones. They cause moderate knockback and do 12% damage. They are less frequent than Swoopin' Stus. They're about the same size as in the picture.

Petey can also spit goop while airborne.

Side special : Tornado
Petey prepares to swipe his leaves so fast that he creates a tornado.

Almost as broken as Meta Knight's Mach Tornado. The more you charge it the farther it travels. It has 3 levels of charging. Level 1 does a maximum of 12%. Level 2 does a maximum of 16%. Level 3 does a maximum of 21%. That is, if all hits connect. It has incredible vertical range.

Up special : Fly
Petey hops up a little then proceeds to fly freely.

A very simple recovery. Think of it as R.O.B.'s recovery. Petey has a maximum of 5 seconds to fly freely then he will turn helpless. If you press the button to Fly, then use Bair, and fly again, Petey will then have less time. Petey must reach the ground so that he doesn't become tired. His meter will then quickly regenerate and you can then fly again for 5 seconds.

Basically: ROB's recovery and Pit's recovery combined.

Down special : Petal Gun
Petey detaches his flower petals from his head. They travel as fast as Sheik's needles.

Petey's projectile, and a good one too! They're basically identical to Sheik's needles but can be angled with the control stick. Petey will shoot all of his petals when you press the button, so you'll have to press it again to make him stop shooting, so they're not as versatile. Petey's petals grow back in less than 2 seconds.[/collapse]
[collapse=Grabs and Throws]Grab : Range
Petey grabs with his leaf arms.

Petey has good range because of his big arms.

Grab : Pummel
Petey slaps the opponent.

Very slow but each hit does 4%. It also is very amusing to look at.

Grab : Up throw
Petey throws his opponent upwards.

Throws as high as Jiggly's up throw. 10%.

Grab : Back throw
Petey shoulders the opponent.

Good knockback. 11%.

Grab : Down throw
Petey tip toes on the opponent a few times then kicks them.

13%.

Grab : Forward throw
Petey slaps the opponent a few more times and then delivers a final slap.

Petey's strongest throw. 14%.[/collapse]
[collapse=[B]Duck[/B] : Crouch
Petey sleeps like he does in Sunshine.

Yayyyy.

Get-up : Attack
Petey hits his head both directions and proceeds to get up.[/collapse]

[collapse=Final Smash]Final Smash : Screech

Petey screeches incredibly loud, delivering 70% of damage and high knockback once he finishes.[/collapse]
[collapse=Other]Alternate Costumes
- Regular color
- Pale green
- Pink
- White
- Green

Taunts
Up taunt
Petey laughs so hard he gets a little goop on his mouth and wipes it off.

Side taunt
Petey falls asleep for 3 seconds with a bubble coming out of his nose.

Down taunt
Petey spits out goop.[/collapse][/collapse]

There you have the Petey thread! I know this was rushed, but I will begin to fix it add other stuff later. I just wanted to get this thread on the move. Ciao!
This should be added to the main post. I'm going to do a moveset too.

Edit - Here's the moveset!
Playstyle and Stats

Petey is your typical heavyweight, being slow with powerful attacks. However, she has surprising recovery. The playstyle she's the closest to is Dedede's.
Weight - 120 (acording to Brawl's weight values in this page)
Size - Slightly bigger than Bowser
Running Rank - 39 (acording to Brawl's speed rankings in this page)
Falling Speed - 1.75 (acording to Brawl's values in this page)
Air Speed - 0.7330 (acording to Brawl's values in this page)

Basic Attacks
Combo - Double Slap and Spin

Petey slaps with her left hand, then her right hand, and then spins. All hits have weak knockback, but the third one is slightly stronger than the other. First hit does 2%, second hit does 2% and last hit does 3%.

Side Tilt - Extended Slap

Petey leans forward and slaps. Has pretty good range and is more powerful than average. Does 9% damage and medium knockback.

Up Tilt - Jumping Headbutt

Petey kickly jumps, headbutting upwards. Like the side tilt, it is more powerful than the average tilts. Does 10% damage but weak knockback. Petey's fastest attack.

Down Tilt - Crouching Slap

Petey slaps close to the ground. It is Petey's weakest attack in both knockback and damage (counting all hits of the combo as one attack). Does 5% damage.

Dash Attack - Hopping Headbutt

Petey does a short hop and headbutts. Does 11% damage. Has high ending lag because Petey struggles to regain balance after the hop.

Side Smash - Super Strong Head

Petey hits with her head in a motion similiar to Bowser's forward smash. Has even more damage and knockback than Bowser's. Does 28% damage when fully charged, 14% not charged. Is Petey's strongest attack.

Up Smash - Super Strong Bite

Petey jumps and bites above her. Somewhat weak for a move of Petey's but still really powerful. Does 23% fully charged, 12% not charged.

Down Smash - Ground Pound

Petey does a short hop and ground pounds. It has a quake hitbox around Petey (quake hitboxes are ones like DK's Down B, that hits enemies that are in the ground only and make the ground shake). May bury enemies in the ground if they are hit by Petey's butt. 24% fully charged, 14% not charged.

Aerial Attacks

Neutral Aerial - Spin

Petey spins quickly, her arms growing a bit during the move. It is a slashing attack. Damage depends on number of hits that connect. It is Petey's only multi-hit move.

Forward Aerial - Bite

Petey bites forward. Does 8% damage.

Back Aerial - Turn-around Slap

Petey turns around and slaps, then returns to her original position. Does 7% damage.

Up Aerial - Acidental Flip

Petey tries to kick upwards, but loses balance and does a flip kick. Does 9% damage and is Petey's strongest aerial. Has some starting lag, but not that much.

Down Aerial - Piranha Fall

Petey turns down and hits enemies with her head. It is a stall-then-fall atack. Has high ending lag if Petey hits the ground. Does 9% damage.

Special Moves
Neutral Special - Goop Spit

Petey spits goop. You can charge the move. The goop remains in the ground. If an enemy touches the goop, they are slowed down and take 1% damage every second. If the goop hits an enemy before touching the ground, it has the same effects but does not stay on the ground for others to be damaged. Sometimes, a Goop Piranha Plant forms. It stays there and bites enemies that get close, dealing 10% damage and high knockback.
Side Special - Tornado

Petey creates a small tornado and shoots it forwards. The tornado drags enemies, damaging them. Damage is dependant on number of hits.

Up Special - Limited Flight

Petey flies by flapping her arms. She goes upwards for 5 seconds before getting helpless. Does no damage but Petey has Super Armor during the move.

Down Special - Roar

Petey roars. This pushes enemies like wind-based attacks. This does no damage, but is good to keep enemies away from Petey. The roar also destroys projectiles.

Grabs and Throws

Grab - Petey puts the enemy inside her mouth.

Pummel - Petey crunches the enemy. 3% damage.

Forward Throw - Super Spin Throw

Petey spits the enemy out, then grabs the enemy, spin and thows it. Does 12% dmaage.

Back Throw - Spit

Petey spits the enemy behind her. Does 10% damage. Sometimes the enemy has goop in its body after the throw. If this happens, the enemy takes 1% damage every second for 6 seconds.

Up Throw - Spit and Headbutt

Petey spits the enemy upwards, doing 8% damage, then headbutts the enemy doing 5%.

Down Throw - Spit In The Ground

Petey jumps and spits the enemy to the ground. Does 8% damage.

Final Smash

Goop Rain

Petey charges a lot of goop in her body until she gets full, then spits it and it rains goop, dealing a lot of damage to enemies. Works somewhat like PK Starstorm.

Misc.

Taunts

Taunt 1 - Petey laughs a lot and falls to the ground.

Taunt 2 - Petey covers herself in goop and cleans herself.

Taunt 3 - Petey does a spin jump.

Victory Animation - Petey jumps a lot really happy, then falls to the ground and scratches her head while still laying in the ground.

Losing Animation - Looks to the ground sad.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
I'm willing to allow someone to take over the as the thread's OP, if he/she wants to.

Rasumii

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Rasumii
Petey is too big, didn't any of you morans see him in his canon Brawl appearance?!?!
Well if this game and Brawl are connected story-wise I suppose he can't be in. Besides, his true size is this:

Plus, re-sizing him isn't that big of a deal, right?

(I think that could be read in a harsh tone, which is not intended by any means)

Tepig2000

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2938-8785-9936
What about making a supporters list? If you make one, add me to it. Also, you could put my moveset in the main post.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom