• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Peterborough ON Has a Scene!

Vorde

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Vorde
3DS FC
4613-7807-1976
Hey to people in the GTA and Kawartha's, we currently have 4 dedicated smashers willing to meet up 2 times a week to play Melee and Project M, and eventually looking to go to local tournaments in the GTA. Please respond if you are interested in coming out :)

PS. BYOC (Bring Your Own Controller)

Mertymert54

Smash Rookie
Hi I live in Peterborough and while I am not very good would like to come out and play.

flaze

Smash Rookie
Hey, I'm in Peterborough too, haven't played in a while but looking to get back into it, you guys still running smash?

Gagery

Smash Rookie
hey im in Peterborough and i might up for it. (also im only in high school so it would be super weird if you guys were older and i went over to your house or something)

oats_

Smash Apprentice
hey im in Peterborough and i might up for it. (also im only in high school so it would be super weird if you guys were older and i went over to your house or something)
It wouldn't be weird unless you are first year of highschool, unless people were drinking or something (in that case, you know what to do bro).

You should just go, #YOLO #MISSEVERYSHOTYOUDONTTAKE #SWAG

Gagery

Smash Rookie
It wouldn't be weird unless you are first year of highschool, unless people were drinking or something (in that case, you know what to do bro).

You should just go, #YOLO #MISSEVERYSHOTYOUDONTTAKE #SWAG
I'm second year, so im right in the middle haha. yeah i guess i might just #yoloswag it and go.

Vorde

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Vorde
3DS FC
4613-7807-1976
Yeah sorry I haven't been able to reply too quickly, but yeah we do have about 6 people right now able to play once or twice a week. Everyone is welcome (unless people start actually fighting each other etc).

Vorde

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Vorde
3DS FC
4613-7807-1976
We're up to 9 people that are playing 2 to 3 times a week. We have access to 2 CRT TVs, and very friendly players. All are welcome :)

Shiny Mewtwo aka Jigglysir

PhD; Smash Community Studies
Premium
3DS FC
2191-7691-7941
Do you guys still play? I'm starting at Trent University in September and it would be awesome if there was a Smash community in place that I could step right in to.

OllyD

Smash Cadet
NNID
Armitada
Hey, I'm in Peterborough and I would more than love to play! Where are these held?

itgfreak

Smash Rookie
Yo I just moved out of PTBO but I'll get Vorde to come back and talk to you guys asap

Vorde

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Vorde
3DS FC
4613-7807-1976
Oh hey, yeah we still play, it's every Monday and Wednesday using during the afternoons. If that doesn't work though, we can figure out times and places to meet :)

OllyD

Smash Cadet
NNID
Armitada
Oh hey, yeah we still play, it's every Monday and Wednesday using during the afternoons. If that doesn't work though, we can figure out times and places to meet :)
Sweet! My friend and I are still in high school so we'd have to meet probably 4 at the earliest... Does that work? :D

Vorde

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Vorde
3DS FC
4613-7807-1976
Yeah for sure, and depending on where you live, I'm usually available to play weekends too. I tried sending you a message on your profile, but your settings stop me from being able to do so :(

OllyD

Smash Cadet
NNID
Armitada
Yeah for sure, and depending on where you live, I'm usually available to play weekends too. I tried sending you a message on your profile, but your settings stop me from being able to do so :(
Well that's odd... I message you

Kifferz

Smash Rookie
Damn. I'm in town also.

I work frequently but I'd love to get in on some local smash.

delaythefate

Smash Rookie
My friend and I would be interested in coming to play, although we're not that good (I've only been playing seriously for about a month), but it still seems like it would be fun.

OllyD

Smash Cadet
NNID
Armitada
My friend and I would be interested in coming to play, although we're not that good (I've only been playing seriously for about a month), but it still seems like it would be fun.
It'd be great! You should come and play, my friend and I have only been playing for a few months so it'd be great having some new people to spar with :)

weshmek

Smash Rookie
I am working in Peterborough from September to April, and definitely want to meet up with Smashers in the area.
I have a car and can bring my setup to wherever.
Just let me know the time and place and I'll be there.

Kaoak

Smash Cadet
Hey guys, I play SSBM and Project:M and mainly like to play Marth in both games. I haven't been part of the scene for a long time, and mainly just play Smash and watch tournaments with my other friend, who mainly plays Falco and Falcon.

I'd like to meet up for friendlies with some of you guys some time, the scene in Peterborough is surprisingly big, I wasn't expecting there to be any scene at all. I'm joining the Peterborough Smash facebook group and am looking forward to some new people to play with.

When is this stuff held? I'm in school right now, and I'd love to come meet up ASAP. The thread was posted months ago and I hope there are still players.

zach2m1

Smash Rookie
Hey! I actually went to the meeting place a couple of weeks ago on a Monday. Me and another guy went around 3ish and I stayed until around 5 but no one was still there. I was wondering, approximately when does everyone meet up?

OllyD

Smash Cadet
NNID
Armitada
Hey! I actually went to the meeting place a couple of weeks ago on a Monday. Me and another guy went around 3ish and I stayed until around 5 but no one was still there. I was wondering, approximately when does everyone meet up?
That really depends on what time people are busy. We hold there on Mondays and Wednesdays. I mainly go around 5:30 on Wednesdays til about 8:00ish, we usually have quite a few people then, so that may be a good time.

Vorde

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Vorde
3DS FC
4613-7807-1976
Just updating this post to let people know that there are still smashfests happening. I'm hosting them on Mondays and others are hosting on Wednesdays. The scene is very much still alive here.
If you want to join in the fun, please let it be known!

Vorde

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Vorde
3DS FC
4613-7807-1976
Thanks so much to everyone who came out in support of our tournament and for smash bros. Hope to see you all next time!
-Kalin (aka. Vorde)

Top Bottom