• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pet peeves and other acts of the apostle

Thrillhouse-vh.

Smash Hero
My philosophy.

"Just about everything that sucks is mainstream, but not everything that is mainstream sucks."

Not perfect, but a good compromise. Mainstream includes bands like The Beatles and Led Zeppelin, something their fans seem to forget.

Speaking about music: Getting a new CD to find that it's scratched/doesn't work and the store won't let you return/trade it in because you opened the seal.

Nintendude

Smash Hero
People who take more food than they can eat and waste lots of it, and then proceed to do it at every meal.
Gaming while snacking. I don't get how it doesn't bother some people when they get their controller all greasy by eating chips while gaming.

Livvers

Used to have a porpoise
BRoomer
Eww. I hate using the controller of someone who does that. And it seems like NOTHING gets the grease off, yet you have no alternative controller to use D=

CivicSmash

Smash Apprentice
Picky eaters piss me off and so do really bad spellers.
Picky eaters are missing out on many of the finer things in life.
Generally, most rap and people that listen to rap piss me off.

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
picky eaters are a big peeve of mine too ;( theres a reason why i put tomato on your sandwich. it tastes good with all the other ****. just eat it.

i hate it when other drivers don't signal properly and make you waste your time.

i dont see how you guys can not like kids though. i love kids

victra♥

crystal skies
Slippi.gg
victra#0
Picky and wasteful people. I have relatives in Vietnam who are really poor and who dont have the luxuries we have, and picky/wasteful eaters bug the hell out of me because they do, but theyre so darn ungrateful.

That and people who ring the doorbell in rapid succession.

Jellybelly

Smash Ace
The mods on gamefaqs, I got marked for spoilers because I said that Toon Shiek would probably be Tetra, i mean wtf?! You find that out at the start of phantom hourglass, man the only reason they do that is because the brawl forums take up about half of gamefaqs total server.

If any mod spoiler marks me for this post I will personally hunt them down:psycho:

e319

Smash Apprentice
Having to yell out to somebody like 5 times before they listen to you. Oh, and people who keep typing LOL! I hate LOL!

Livvers

Used to have a porpoise
BRoomer
I hate people who take ages in the bathroom. It's 7:30 AM right now, and someone's been in the bathroom for ages. I really need to go D=

victra♥

crystal skies
Slippi.gg
victra#0
I hate people who take ages in the bathroom. It's 7:30 AM right now, and someone's been in the bathroom for ages. I really need to go D=
I'm one of those people. A good book will keep you there for ages. xD

monkeyfan1

Smash Rookie
It seriously bugs me when people watch television while standing up.

Sit down god****it.
lmao. i had a good friend who did this all the time...

I hate anyone under the age of 13 with a cell phone, ****ing spoiled kid. seriously wtf do they have to talk about, high school musical?

i hate people who talk loud into their cell phones. learn how to talk into the microphone.

i hate people obsessed with american idol/survivor.

i hate panic at the disco. seriously, who the **** chimes in with "haven't you people ever heard of closing the god**** door?"

Blackadder

Smash Master
Generally, most rap and people that listen to rap piss me off.
*Looks around sheepishly*
Yes... not that... I listen to it... or that I would have Eminem as my favorite artist... nnnnope. I had dat shap shiz to, hellz yeah.

(I think I fooled them..)

i dont see how you guys can not like kids though. i love kids
I was gonna ask the same thing. I love little kids -- not all of them are loud, obnoxious, or rude. Some are really nice, and very cute and fun to talk to. :)

My peeves:
- People who laugh in that "HAHAHAHAHA!!!" way when anyone says something that that person didn't find funny. It's just being an arsehole for no good reason.
- Actually, just people that put others down like that. It really grinds me -- I don't see the fun in it at all.
- People who chew with their mouths open. WAAAAH!!

pockyD

Smash Legend
...people who think it's their right to tell people what to eat (i.e. a tomato) because they work at some crappy sandwich shop getting paid minimum wage and smelling like meatballs

seriously you guys are jerks - there are a wide variety of things that influence "picky eating", MANY medical... why does it affect you if i go to a buffet and just end up eating like 40 chicken wings and nothing else

on a serious note, i hate "i know, right?"

CombatQueenPMS

Smash Rookie
mine is when I get trashed talked by kids (8-15 year olds) or they think they know everything. Then if you beat them they have a ton of excuses .ugh that is annoying lol It's a rule in my clan I can't trash talk back so I just mute them or block them out lol

Red Exodus

Smash Master
I hate people that can't accept that some people are better off than them i.e. my friends constantly saying every white kid is rich.

I hate people that don't know the difference between corporal punishment and abuse. Breaking a chair and hitting your kid is not corporal punishment.

I hate blatant stereotypers.

I hate people that still see the need to classify people by race and call people how don't give a dam about race wanna-be black/white/whatever kids.

Non-conformists that don't even have a reason to do so.

People that pick up on meme's I bring up or make and use the wrong.

People that go out of their way to learn someone's mother's name just so they can keep saying it.

Gamer4Fire

PyroGamer
BRoomer
I hate people that can't accept that some people are better off than them i.e. my friends constantly saying every white kid is rich.

I hate blatant stereotypers.
Yeah, like the stereotype that all Asians (except Philippinoes) are incredibly intelligent, good at math and make the best scientists... Oh, wait.

OnyxVulpine

Smash Champion
Yeah, like the stereotype that all Asians (except Philippinoes) are incredibly intelligent, good at math and make the best scientists... Oh, wait.
I suck at math.

Anyway, I hate.. Canker Sores, Hangnails...

The lady across the street that takes her tiny little **** dog out to walk WITHOUT A LEASH every time someone in my family comes home.. We have four dogs running around our yard and when we open the gate to drive the cars inside she wants one of our dogs to tear the **** out of that little dog...

-Onyx

Livvers

Used to have a porpoise
BRoomer
I hate a lot of people with little dogs. They tend to think their dog doesn't need a leash 9_9 And they also tend to not correct bad behaviour because it's a little dog. Gah. Nothing gets to me more than stupid little dogs running out into the street in front of a car because their owner just lets them loose.

Well, I guess my real gripe here is bad dog owners. I have just come into contact with more people who own little dogs and are irresponsible with them.

t3hdragon

Smash Rookie
Vulpine, I can sympathize. I used to walk my dogs on a bike. Almost died when this bloody Pomeranian ran out barking at the Siberian Husky still attached to my handlebars. I should have let my dog go.

Then there's white people who get upset by the word, '******'. What the hell.

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
...people who think it's their right to tell people what to eat (i.e. a tomato) because they work at some crappy sandwich shop getting paid minimum wage and smelling like meatballs

seriously you guys are jerks - there are a wide variety of things that influence "picky eating", MANY medical... why does it affect you if i go to a buffet and just end up eating like 40 chicken wings and nothing else
lol, i dont work at any crappy sandwich shop, i dont get paid minimum wage, and i smell like catnip, not meatballs.

That my pet peeve is picky eaters doesn't mean I'm going to de-ankle anyone who doesn't eat the tomatoes. It basically applies to chicks I take out to lunch, and they order the house special, but then ask for items off, or someone who will choose a certain item from the menu and then destroy it, like ordering chicken alfredo and asking for no sauce. Ordering a BLT, with no T. **** like that. I know too well about medical restrictions on your diet, so don't give me that bull****. I'm not trying to force food down someone's mouth, i mean if someone chooses a specialty item. =/

so don't assume anything about my character just because I get peeved when people are picky.

Black Waltz

Smash Champion
I despise people that smell like smoke.
I get annoyed at people who don't respond to me when I'm talking to them.
I hate it when people who have seen a movie and tell me everything that is going to happen while I'm watching it.
I hate it when people make up lines for movies.
I hate it when annoying freshmen always want to play smash with me in school.
I hate it when I forget my maximum list for weight lifting at home.
I hate it when my computer has thermal failures every time I turn it on.
I hate essays.
I hate dead batteries.

Meleeruler

BRoomer
BRoomer
Well, here's some things I guess:

- Babies crying
- Girls who try and act tough (because that's real attractive! [/sarcasm])
- The word vinegarette
- When Brawl reviews don't mention how stupid Toon Link was
- When I hear people sing in public
- When people tell secrets right in front of me
- When hot girls always put their hair up
- Lag

Also, SandTiger, oh snap.

Gamer4Fire

PyroGamer
BRoomer
That my pet peeve is picky eaters doesn't mean I'm going to de-ankle anyone who doesn't eat the tomatoes. It basically applies to chicks I take out to lunch, and they order the house special, but then ask for items off, or someone who will choose a certain item from the menu and then destroy it, like ordering chicken alfredo and asking for no sauce. Ordering a BLT, with no T. **** like that. I know too well about medical restrictions on your diet, so don't give me that bull****. I'm not trying to force food down someone's mouth, i mean if someone chooses a specialty item. =/
I like tomatoes, Nyow.

pockyD

Smash Legend
tell me then, honestly, does it bother you when people add EXTRA stuff to their food? asking for extra lettuce, piling on the ketchup, even just adding more salt to fries?

edit: and just to clarify, it is a legitimate pet peeve of mine when people try to police what other people eat, so it's not really something i made up on the spot in response -_- - don't really take it personally

Jellybelly

Smash Ace
Simple minded christians

From a recent smashboards thread...

*mis-informed pro religion speech*

"Fact: If God "Didnt Exist" i wouldn't be talking about this stuff in such a defensive manner, wouldn't I?"

So...much...fail.

Oh as well. The fact that indigo and violet are in the rainbow, surely it would be easier to say "purple?"

WoapGang

Mighty Soul of Woapgang
3DS FC
3411-2904-8277
-Lag
-Anyone that has ever used the word "Inferential"
-Peopel who cna't speel
-People that don't clean up after their dogs
-Trollz
-Trolls
(those are two different things)
-Those little fake baby toys for little girls
-Talking life sized dolls
-Girls who put their hair up if they're really pretty
-Girls that get mad at you for looking at their butts.....wait.....
-Essays
-Mi Profesor de Espanol
-Made-up Track records
-Filing
-Big Dogs
-small hot dogs

Top Bottom