• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Personally Preferring the Air (?)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Perris6

Smash Journeyman
Hey Falco main! In Brawl I was a Falco main and found myself transitioning into Smash 4 as a Fox main, but I am getting back into the groove of things with Falco. I have a few questions.

1. What are the advantages Falco has over Fox?

2. What are some of the combos besides set ups from Down Throw? (from Nair set ups)

3. Set ups from Jabs? Like what can I do when jab connect?

4. Who is the best professional Falco player? Would like to know so I can see some footage on their gameplay.

Thank you !

Last edited:

BltzZ

Smash Journeyman
NNID
BltzZ7
Hey Falco main! In Brawl I was a Falco main and found myself transitioning into Smash 4 as a Fox main, but I am getting back into the groove of things with Falco. I have a few questions.

1. What are the advantages Falco has over Fox?

2. What are some of the combos besides set ups from Down Throw? (from Nair set ups)

3. Set ups from Jabs? Like what can I do when jab connect?

4. Who is the best professional Falco player? Would like to know so I can see some footage on their gameplay.

Thank you !
1. Falco has better horizontal killing power from f smash and RAR Bair. I find Falco's reflector better than foxes.

2. I really love up throw to nair. Forces people to jab out or airdodge Into the ground which can lead to a f smash kill or regrab. Up throw to bair. Against fox, fast fallers, and heavies falco can up throw to 3-4 up tilts and follow up with nair uair or bair.

3. Falco's Jab setups require muscle memory because it requires a delay. He can jab jab dtilt. Jab jab grab. And jab jab utilt. Lots of people can jab out or shield. I use jab jab dtilt often.

4. As far as pros I really like pawclaw, cyro, gimr, zero has a couple of videos against entulf a mario player And of course keitaro. Larry lurr who imo is the greatest brawl falco plays him in ssb4 but not often

You're welcome!

Last edited:

Perris6

Smash Journeyman
1. Falco has better horizontal killing power from f smash and RAR Bair. I find Falco's reflector better than foxes.

2. I really love up throw to nair. Forces people to jab out or airdodge Into the ground which can lead to a f smash kill or regrab. Up throw to bair. Against fox, fast fallers, and heavies falco can up throw to 3-4 up tilts and follow up with nair uair or bair.

3. Falco's Jab setups require muscle memory because it requires a delay. He can jab jab dtilt. Jab jab grab. And jab jab utilt. Lots of people can jab out or shield. I use jab jab dtilt often.

4. As far as pros I really like pawclaw, cyro, gimr, zero has a couple of videos against entulf a mario player And of course keitaro. Larry lurr who imo is the greatest brawl falco plays him in ssb4 but not often

You're welcome!
Thank you so much! I love Falco and hope to improve

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
More bread for thought; for more info on Falco's combos and approaches, check here: http://smashboards.com/threads/falco-approaches-and-combos-strings.372417/.

For videos on Falco, check here: http://smashboards.com/threads/happy-feet-falco-video-thread.376351/. On professional players that play Falco, it's what BltzZ said, but there's also Manny Manito from the Puerto Rican scene of Smash, FOW apparently plays Falco from time to time, and there's zanryo who Cyro said is great, but he's not public yet and I don't know if any videos of him are up. As it stands, I'd say GimR's your best bet for an aggressive Falco, Pawclaw and Keitaro for a more Blaster-use Falco, and Manny Manito for a more defensive, a lot of feints and baits Falco - his use of backwards short hops are phenomenal.

And if you want to fight fellow Falcos, post here: http://smashboards.com/threads/anyone-want-to-exchange-nnids-or-friend-codes.386513/.

I'm going to lock this thread because it should have been posted here: http://smashboards.com/threads/falco-king-of-the-birds-game-play-discussion-q-a.367184/. So, for future questions, ask there or the other stickied threads.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom