• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Perhaps something usefull.

MDMA

Smash Rookie
Hey everyone,

I know i know, you all don't know me, that doesnt matter. Yesterday I was playing some brawl and was really busy timing bombs, juggling bombs during battle etc. And I also found this out for myself, you all probally found this out too, so no need to tell me that.

When ur in the air, and you have a bomb, and u release it with Z, so that it falls, and Dair immediately after it, you do a dair and u grab the bomb.

Probally nothing new I know, I just wanted to open a discussion about its usefullness, since I found out it worked pretty good as a mindgame, I even missed a dair off stage and the bomb exploded so it canceled the Dair and I managed to get back on stage. Well I wanna know what my fellow TL colleagues have to say about this trick.

MDMA

Smash Rookie
I don't know about you, but I use dair more than one time a match, and 1/2 of the matchtime I have pulled a bomb. So whenever you are in the air and wanna do a dair, you can either first throw down ur bomb and dair straight after, or drop the bomb with Z and d-air immediately after-> sets up better for combos I think? Cause u can throw ur bomb after u have hit with d-air, and when u miss there is a chance the enemy gets caught in the blast of ur bomb, and so ur pretty much saved from an otherwise hard punishment.

This is all just speculation ofcourse. Just throwing it in there.

iRjOn

Smash Lord
Your not understanding that that it gives you damge if you miss your opponent and you could have just thrown your bomb down hit them given them 7% then dair them? If not spike them then pogo them?

dair is extremely risky offstage...
and kinda punishable if your opponent isnt hit with the shockwaves or has a projectile or is MK, Kirby, or Jiggs.
Or anyone else thats can punish it properly...

thats all i meant no bigge though...

MDMA

Smash Rookie
Aye, true. d-air can knock ppl upwards, so maybe nice to have a bomb straight after to throw it after em. But yea, the other situations are a bit too situational, I get your point, too risky.

vanderzant

Smash Journeyman
Just so you realise (in case you don't), this can be done with all of TL's aerials if timed properly. You can even catch your bomb with an airdodge/zair.

This can lead to 'mindgamez' although it is very difficult to incorporate this tactic effectively into your playstyle.

Top Bottom