• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Perhaps a Sliding Downsmash?

Status
Not open for further replies.

East

Crappy Imitation
Doing Tricks in a Mansion Location: Tokyo, JP
This could be christmas all over again if I'm wrong.

If you haven't seen Hype's Tech Skill video, I urge you to do so. It's a really good watch.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u6Dj9UiUgGE

More importantly take a look at 2:02 of the video and start watching. Sheik does a sliding down smash. I want to attribute this to the sloping surface of the ground, because I believe I saw something a while back that looked like that. I hope I'm wrong though. I really hope I'm wrong. We need a sliding down smash.

#HBC | Scary

Hype Incarnate
NNID
ScaryLB59
I just watched the video. Remember the pseudo-wavedash from God-is-my-Rock? It looks like he combined that along with a Dsmash, so the distance of the pseudo-wavedash added that distance.

I have to admit, if we could add that as a staple to our offense, our CP stages just got a lot better. Not to mention Yoshi's is already a neutral.

Halberd, Frigate, Yoshi's and maybe other stages with slants got better just now! (Just as long as we could actually do this.)

SinkingHigher

Smash Lord
Do people get trapped in this Dsmash or is it a one hit basis thing. If you can control which way your opponent goes I see quite a few uses.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom