• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash 3DS Perfect pivots

Victory.IsMyDestinySSB4

Smash Journeyman
Honestly, perfect pivots are the closest thing to melee wavedashing. There is a 0- to death MK combo you can pull off. It involves a perfect pivot. BSD has a great video on perfect pivotng: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6vaR4RM-qr0, but I always get the timing off on a 3ds controller, rather than a gamecube. Any tips?

Last edited:

HYP3R

Smash Lord
Honestly, perfect pivots are the closest thing to melee wavedashing. There is a 0- to death MK combo you can pull off. It involves a perfect pivot. BSD has a great video on perfect pivotng: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6vaR4RM-qr0, but I always get the timing off on a 3ds controller, rather than a gamecube. Any tips?
I would not recommend perfect pivoting on 3ds because the circle pad can break easily. Any sort of flicking movement could cause the rubber grip to fall off. The 3ds isn't really designed for fighting games.

Last edited:

Victory.IsMyDestinySSB4

Smash Journeyman
I would not recommend perfect pivoting on 3ds because the circle pad can break easily. Any sort of flicking movement could cause the rubber grip to fall off. The 3ds isn't really designed for fighting games.
Oh goodness. I was not aware of that. Thanks for the heads up.

FamilyTeam

This strength serves more than me alone.
NNID
MontanaCity
...Well, mate, we talked about this a few days ago in your other thread about Neutral.
At your level, doing AT should really be the least of your worries and execution should not be your focus right now. It's much better to try to familiarize yourself with gameplans and how each character plays against your own, so you can figure out what you can do or should be doing against them, than practicing tech you actually might not ever use.
Not everybody can do Perfect Pivots and not everybody that can do them use them for much. MKLeo and Void are the only playes I ever saw using them for anything but flash. Step Dashes might as well have died the same day they were discovered.
You need to learn that training tech and having more tech skill doesn't automatically make you a better player. Imagine you have a rifle on an FPS game and that its attachments are tech skill, and your accuracy is your ability as a player.
Tell me what is more important in that case: Being a very accurate and skilled rifleman even if your rifle has no fancy attachments, or basically having this even though you don't even know how to aim? I hope it's obvious the former is better.
A good majority of the High level players make do just fine with their skill alone coupled with good character knowledge and their character specific techs. There's no need to actually learn the global ATs unless you have actually devised any sort of gameplan that absolutely requires being able to execute those.

Last edited:
Top Bottom