• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

"People Who Made It Happen" Trophies section

D-idara

Banned via Administration
NNID
D-idara
3DS FC
4511-0670-4622
Wouldn't it be really cool if we got a Trophies section for IRL people that made Nintendo what it is? We could have both old a new personalities, with a small description of them, like most other trophies, I'm talking about things like trophies of Shigeru Miyamoto, Satoru Iwata, Gunpei Yokoi, Hiroshi Yamauchi, Mahito Yokota, Eiji Aonuma, Satoshi Tajiri, Mario Segale, John Kirby, Reggie-Fils Aime, David Wise...*shudder* Yoshio Sakamoto, Bill Trinen...etc. I mean, this game's meantt to honor Nintendo's history, and these people have been a big part of it all, wouldn't it be right thing to reference them on the game in their own little section?

Also, since we got Megaman, Sonic and possibly Snake, we could also include people like Keiji Inafune, Jun Senoue, Masato Nakamura, Yuji Naka, Hideo Kojima...

Last edited:

mikanbouya

Smash Apprentice
itd be kind of neat I guess, but im sure itd get a lot of criticism if they actually did that

Morbi

Scavenger
I suppose it would not be that much of a stretch, but at the same time, would it not be easier to do something like Mortal Kombat and just have developer photographs?

Hippopotasauce

Smash Lord
NNID
Hippopotasauce
I'm pretty sure this is what we call the credits.

Last edited:

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
Neat idea... maybe they can even put the Mii and an actual picture for each VIP.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
I'm pretty sure this is what we call the credits.
This.

I know, people don't usually take time to read the credits, but credits are there for this very purpose. They can make it more elaborate though, by adding pictures and such.

Trophies... seem like a odd idea. I like to examine trophies up-close, and examining the trophy a real-life person just sounds awkward.

Kevandre

Ivy WAS Saurly missed
NNID
Kevandre
3DS FC
1736-1095-5393
Switch FC
SW-2226-3590-9812
This.

I know, people don't usually take time to read the credits, but credits are there for this very purpose. They can make it more elaborate though, by adding pictures and such.

Trophies... seem like a odd idea. I like to examine trophies up-close, and examining the trophy a real-life person just sounds awkward.
It's funny because Smash Bros does it in a way that I actually do read the credits. 64 & Melee, I guess I mean. In 64 I always stopped to fire at the guy who did Yoshi's voice

D-idara

NNID
D-idara
3DS FC
4511-0670-4622
This.

Your first point is exactly why I'm suggesting this, people don't read the credits, but trophies highlighting the BIGGEST Nintendo personalities would be cool, I'm pretty sure there are some people who should be given a little tribute even though they didn't contribute directly to Smash4. I'm pretty sure people like Mario Segale don't fit on the game's credits.

Last edited:

Kevandre

Ivy WAS Saurly missed
NNID
Kevandre
3DS FC
1736-1095-5393
Switch FC
SW-2226-3590-9812
Your first point is exactly why I'm suggesting this, people don't read the credits, but trophies highlighting the BIGGEST Nintendo personalities would be cool, I'm pretty sure there are some people who should be given a little tribute even though they didn't contribute directly to Smash4. I'm pretty sure people like Mario Segale don't fit on the game's credits.
It's a fair point, but even then I'm not sure people would still be totally invested.

However. If Miis were playable, you could do the thing. You can be "your" Mii, or any of a bunch of pre-programmed ones, such as Iwata, Reggie, Gunpei, Sakurai, Miyamoto... You name it. The best way to get people interested in something in Smash Bros is to have it be a playable character. I think that if there had been Fire Emblem items or trophies in Melee but Marth & Roy weren't playable, it wouldn't have become something well known out of Japan at all. Whereas I'm sure people would want to research who the Mii alternate costumes were and learn more about them. This wouldn't shock me at all

CrossoverMan

Smash Ace
All the developers could dress up as established Nintendo characters to make it seem less awkward. Miyamoto could dress as Mario, Reggie could dress as Link etc.

Kevandre

Ivy WAS Saurly missed
NNID
Kevandre
3DS FC
1736-1095-5393
Switch FC
SW-2226-3590-9812
All the developers could dress up as established Nintendo characters to make it seem less awkward. Miyamoto could dress as Mario, Reggie could dress as Link etc.
Nah, Reggie'd definitely be WFT

D-idara

NNID
D-idara
3DS FC
4511-0670-4622
A Reggie trophy without a suit? A Miyamoto trophy without his trademark black jacket + 1-UP shirt? Iwata without a suit?

Tetraplex

Smash Cadet
Having Sakurai, Reggie, Iwata, etc. be some of the default skins for Mii would be cool, actually. Maybe have the Invitational players as free DLC costumes for it.

TimeSmash

Smash Champion
NNID
nintend64
This.

I imagine it'd probably be of their Miis to keep any real humans out of the game haha. But it'd be a character model either way, so they'd be all Ken-doll anyways, if they bothered making bodies under the suits and/or other clothing they no doubtedly would be wearing. It does sound awkward though hah

Shin F.

Smash Master
It'd be a nice tribute, but let's be honest, here. Most people would think it's just a waste of space. It would be a nice things to do for the big guys who made it all happen, but I don't think most people would receive it well.

Zzuxon

Smash Champion
NNID
zzuxon
3DS FC
3695-0453-0481
Yes. I desire this. It is a shame it almost certainly won't happen.

Top Bottom