• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

People online switching to Rosalina after losing

Rosalina _88

Smash Rookie
This just happened to me twice in a row, with two separate people. I was playing as Rosalina both times. After they lose the first one or two matches, they switch to Rosalina. Then they lose again because she's not a "pick and win" character (no one really is; even the almighty Diddy Kong takes time to learn). Then they leave.

Has anyone else experienced this? How do you feel about it? For some reason, it bugs me. I feel like it's disrespectful. I realize it's just a game, but I try to be respectful all the time, even when I'm losing. That's one reason why it aggrevates me so much when people taunt excessively after getting a kill.

I remember seeing this sort of thing a LOT immediately after the 3DS version was released, except back then, the go-to "pick and win" character was Little Mac.

Last edited:

Jiggly

Drop the mic, cause these fools sleeping on me
The FBI Surveillance Van outside your house.
NNID
Jiggly101
This just happened to me twice in a row, with two separate people. I was playing as Rosalina both times. After they lose the first one or two matches, they switch to Rosalina. Then they lose again because she's not a "pick and win" character (no one really is; even the almighty Diddy Kong takes time to learn). Then they leave.

Has anyone else experienced this? How do you feel about it? For some reason, it bugs me. I feel like it's disrespectful. I realize it's just a game, but I try to be respectful all the time, even when I'm losing. That's one reason why it aggrevates me so much when people taunt excessively after getting a kill.

I remember seeing this sort of thing a LOT immediately after the 3DS version was released, except back then, the go-to "pick and win" character was Little Mac.
I do this whenever an opponent uses a character I like to play as, not specifically rosalina. The reason for the excess taunting is probably because they did something that you failed to do on them. They are trying to show what they can do with the character that you cant.

AlMoStLeGeNdArY

Smash Hero
NNID
almostlegendary
3DS FC
1349-7081-6691

People get salty and butt hurt rather easily. This happened to me before I stopped playing FG and it doesn't happen anymore.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Even if people switch to Rosalina after losing a match, that still won't guarantee that they're going to win.

MarioMeteor

Smash Hero
NNID
BGenius23
3DS FC
0662-2900-1492
Even if people switch to Rosalina after losing a match, that still won't guarantee that they're going to win.
This, pretty much.
It's a common misconception that Rosalina is a character that takes no skill or experience to play, which couldn't be more wrong. She's actually an extremely complex character. I guess some people just couldn't receive the news from the rock they live under.

iMeeHow

Smash Journeyman
Idk if your new to online gaming, but there is a 4 letter word you need to get accustomed too. S-A-L-T. When you beat an opponent, whether you outplay them mechanically, or cheese them, they may get salty. Sometimes you, yourself may lose a close match, and deep in your heart you'l say to yourself "I know I should of won that, this guy isn't even good", that is the salt in action. The American Health association has actually put out multiple studies saying that the average American's sodium levels are much too high, but this is fine, embrace the salt, or be consumed by it.

Warlock*G

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
0146-9477-0226
Idk if your new to online gaming, but there is a 4 letter word you need to get accustomed too. S-A-L-T. When you beat an opponent, whether you outplay them mechanically, or cheese them, they may get salty. Sometimes you, yourself may lose a close match, and deep in your heart you'l say to yourself "I know I should of won that, this guy isn't even good", that is the salt in action. The American Health association has actually put out multiple studies saying that the average American's sodium levels are much too high, but this is fine, embrace the salt, or be consumed by it.
Apparently Canadians' salt levels are even higher on average. Mmmmmmmmm... salt.

Edit: It's just something I heard from God knows where, so take this info with a grain of...
sodium.
Badum-tish!

Last edited:

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
****, just cuz I beat someone with Rosalina in our first match and then switch to her in the next round doesn't guarantee them a win unless they know exactly how to play as her and know something I don't. I remember it happened to me once or twice before, switching to her after I kicked their asses with her and I still beat them. All of this unnecessary people spilling salt on the table just cuz I whooped their ass? Hey, it's not my fault they're not skilled enough.

vegeta18

Smash Journeyman
this is oddly true though, infact a few games after i read this , someone did this exact thing. I think they start to think rosalina is bull**** and OP on wifi, so they switch to her thinking its the character that did the winning and not the player. I dont think ive lost to any of these people yet, its usually the lower level players that do this for some reason, likely salt.

Glicnak

Smash Apprentice
I dont even think its always because rosalina/luma is a good char. I main bowser jr who is pretty much considered midtier and definitely not obvious to handle, but i still get ppl switching to him when i win...

I think its a mix of some ppl thinking top tier = insta-win and some ppl just assuming any character that beats them is cheap and OP and they want to prove it... except they fail.

BasedRosie

Smash Rookie
Apparently Canadians' salt levels are even higher on average. Mmmmmmmmm... salt.

Edit: It's just something I heard from God knows where, so take this info with a grain of...
sodium.
Badum-tish!
Chloride. Don't forget the Cl-...

Ingoro

Smash Ace
NNID
Ingoro
It's probably salt, they feel you didn't 'earn' the win by playing a a 'cheap' character in their opinion so they pick her in return to 'cheap' you out the same way, to make you know how it feels.

Goolloom

Smash Apprentice
I encounter way too much people in For-Glory that switch to Rosalina after losing most likely because of salt and thinking that she is an instant win button, especially when i'm using characters like Donkey Kong, Little Mac or Ganondorf.
I don't really mind when this happens, because those salty players are usually bad with her, I beat them and hope that they learn that Rosalina isn't an insta-win button.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Considering that online lag can get in the way, you can end up losing in a scenario where you "should've" won at. I had to quit doing online matches because of it.

Grizzlpaw

Rawr~ ♪
3DS FC
1289-9519-4206
There's also the chance that they're just switching to their secondary Rosalina because their Charizard can't handle the onslaught of Link Bombs, Arrows, and Boomerangs on Lag-Fi :c

:006:

Top Bottom