• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

People Dont pay attention to weegee, but they Do pay attention to Das Weehg

zZBlazeZz

Smash Rookie
This is a thread submitting mah playstyle with Das Weeehg. Any regulars are welcome to add something in a comment and i will gladly insert it, and keep this updated. so feel free to add useful info, comment, and ask questions.
I may have forgotten a few things because this was written in a sitdown, so please bear wit meh.

First off, ways of mobility. FOX TROTTING is your FRIEND. Use this technique to your advantage with mind games and getting in close. Also as a mind game, just straight running in stopping your run to slide (or crouching) and shielding can make for an excellent bait for you to punish. Also, i have found this useful, F##KING Mindz with your crouch walk. you can use this as a mind game to move to a more useful location and or make your opponent make a choice they shouldn't have :D

CQB If you are ever in close quarters, JAB JAB JAB JAB JAB. Can never express that enough. Unless someone ACTUALLY DIs your single hit jab cancel jab, it is inescapable. So..... YEAH. Das Weeehg being one of the best boxers with his jab cancel, jab cancel into grab, dsmash, UPB, or MOAR JAB. The only characters that can get out without DI ing are MK (durp) Marth (durp) Gaymanwatch (lame) and Pit (WTFBBQWAFFLESAUSEHAKZ?) All because up B, (your are all liek PIT WTF?? if pit spammmmz upB his wingz cancel all youhr jabz and send your spyrofling bahkwards because of your ability to slide.

Because of weegee being an obscure matchup for a lot of brawlers jab and/or double jab canceling can be a pain for them because they don't know how to DI it yet. So jab being your friend, if your opponent ever makes the mistake of getting close to Das Weeehg a barrage of jabs may follow. My fav against someone that knows the matchup is jab cancel, grab, dthrow, to upair/fair/nair depending on DI. A lot of characters seem very susceptible to dthrow buffered SH Uair to Weehg air combo's.

You can get lots of combo's with his Utilt, it combos to all of his aerials depending on DI and placement when hit. When they are close to you, a lot of characters are able to be killed VERY early with jabcancel SHHOURUKEN, (upb), some as low as around 60 percent, others (like snake -_-) somewhere around 80 depending on stages ceilings of course. Great for early kills and taking a lead.

Approaching FoxTrotting inside, jab, fsmash, dsmash and Usmash are very scary moves, use them wisely, almost always aim your fsmash upwards so it is faster and has less lag. Reversing your upsmash so you are facing away from them gives you more range (das weehg's head is biggah in the bak) also jumping into the o so useful blindspot of most characters, in front and above diagonally can be quite useful because weehg has a veriety of moves in which to unleash. Short Hop Dair can be a good move for pressure and can be pretty safe in a lot of cases depending on how patient you are.

Shooting Firebahlz is a must throughout most of all matches. S Hop firebahlz is a good way too keep your opponent pressured. Weehg's Hard hit of Nair if spaced properly against some chars can leave you unpunished when falling down, which can lead to weehg comboz. Also baiting an attack with your second jump and fastfalling (weak) nair can also lead to WEEHG comboz. Spacing with bair, nuff said. S Hop Fair can get you more distance forward so you can approach with that, but be careful not to attack over them, or you, WILL, get punished. also being able to release a second fair b4 you land bcuz of das weehg's spammable fair.
Coming down on a char

you need to mix up your falls, almost always land with an air dodge if you are not doing anything atm, dont ask why i dont feel liek going into all the dtailz. mix up falling towards a char with, hard hit nair, soft hit fastfall nair, down B if they are shielding near you a lot because if they try to punish they will simply get hit by das weehg tornado, fast fall/or not bair, and dair, if you keep the opponent's mind under your belt you can SCREW WIT DEM HARD.
Planking press back and use the c stick for a fair and you can hit anyone near the ledge with weehg invincibiliteh. fall bahk, jump and fireball for some pressure, and you can screw around after falling off with fairs and your second jump and your upB regrab.

Going bahk ON the stage. While on the ledge, falling bahk, jumping towards the stage and shoohting a firebahl will give you the supreme timing of being able to follow your fbahlz hitstun with a weehg combo. but you need to mix up or u get punished. you can do so with, jump towards stage, dair, downB, Fair, sumtimez bair, uair, and land on the stage shield to jab or somethin.

Useful info PIVOT FIAHBAHLZ is kinda my specialty. if a char is approaching you, run ahway and pivot fiahbahl (which is wave bouncing on the stage) you can camp this way and is very useful in getting in close to get in a jab to WHATEVER YOU WANT. this is useful because it cummz out of nowhere and catches most off guard. You slide in close enough for a jab and can end in a SHHOURRKEN for a early kill FTW. gg, get *****, so on.

On some stages like battlefield if your opponent is going to be on one of the platforms above you (or is currently) get them to the o so delightful blindspot Diagonal top and in front, and try to time their fall through the platform to meet das weehg's not so friendly tilted up fsmash, this works very well for early killz and gimping oppertunities.
Missfire. everytime you use your side b, i swear, act as if it was going to be a misfire EVERY SINGLE TIME, which should be sparingly because you get punished lotz from that move. and i can guarantee you that it works better that way always. early killz, putting a shot of fear in your opponent, and recovering.

recovering saving your second jump will save your life, try not to use is until you NEED it. Luigi has a pretty meh recovery. (meh not being demeaning). always try to DI to the top corner if possible, use sideb (dont charge it unless doing so for a mixup or mindgame) because if you use more than 1, you get a better chance for a missfire thus having a better chance of saving yourself and not getting gehymped.

Being below the stage, best case scenario you get to use your second jumb into your SPAMMING downb for a major boost upwards, into ledge grab or if not quite high enough, you still got upb regrab or you can place yourself on stage with that.
being approached foxtrotting can make your opponent make a foolhardy mistake or missing so you can punish, reversing your upsmash can put a nice wall of payne for your rushing opponent, and random foxtrotted fsmashes (not necessarily next to yo0ur opponent) can for some reason (power of das weehg) be decently effective for random explosions, i mean hits.

Finally killing, its good to try to save one of your smashes, whichever you are most comfortable killing with, to deal a finishing blow, fsmash can kill very early, upsmash being the next powerfull, killing somewhere over 110 depending on char, charge and stage of course. and lastly is dsmash, usually have found against most high TEARS around 145 or more. but you can jab cancel into that true ccccombo ed. so its up to you. dair and bair near the edge are good killers, over the hundred mark of course.
Other than that, have fun, and unleash teh Powah of Das Weehg.

I will organize this l8er.

Maharba the Mystic

Smash Master
my brew ha, i was hoping you would right up the guide you were telling me you would man. i really appreciate it. lol at the spelling games.

seriously tho thanks because i like your weegee style compared to others. ya all weegees have similar stuff but you fireball and jab game are totally different. that first hit jab>first jab over and over thing is too good.

now to practice for doubles

zZBlazeZz

Smash Rookie
Behn workin on dubz l8ly, weehg too good. Got a few worthy chars been working on team tactics with. And as for the guide, my plehshur.

Top Bottom