• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

People, BUFFER YOUR GRABS

Miller

Smash Lord
Just as the title says, use the buffer system while chain grabbing and you can literally leave no frames for them to escape.

I know exactly what you are saying...I think you are confusing yourself lol. Before I even came into this topic I understood how to do this.

You said I was wrong. I corrected you. Read the posts.

For clarification: You HAVE to grab before you input the direction of the throw. The buffer is done during the grab animation. You don't buffer the grab, you input a direction before your grabbing animation ends.

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Input the throw animation while they are still in their grabbing animation.

This isn't nesassary really, though it can help at low %'s if you are used to it.

You don't need to buffer for them not to be able to break out.

momochuu

Smash Legend
NNID
Momochuu
3DS FC
2380-3247-9039
This is what that fast chaingrab posted by DYF was based on right? Buffering grabs?

I never really got the hang of that, or really tried, haha. @__@

infomon

Smash Scientist
It's useful to buffer the first grab, like SHAD-buffering a grab... don't see how it helps in a CG though. But maybe I've just never played against ppl trying to break out well enough.

Miller

Smash Lord
If you do buffer a throw during the current throw animation, the next throw will start immediately after the previous throw, leaving no room for breaking out. Its pretty handy, especially at low percents
Input the throw animation while they are still in their grabbing animation.

This isn't nesassary really, though it can help at low %'s if you are used to it.

You don't need to buffer for them not to be able to break out.
Thats wrong my friend :p

I mean buffer it right before the throw animation ends, then you will immediately throw after, resulting in literally no openings at all

infomon

Smash Scientist
Are you buffering the next grab at the end of a throw, or are you buffering a grab and a throw? (I think you meant to say grab where you said throw sometimes... but I might be wrong.)

Hylian

Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
If you do buffer a throw during the current throw animation, the next throw will start immediately after the previous throw, leaving no room for breaking out. Its pretty handy, especially at low percents

Thats wrong my friend :p

I mean buffer it right before the throw animation ends, then you will immediately throw after, resulting in literally no openings at all
Um, you have to grab them before you throw them. And no matter when you buffer it as long as it`s before the second climbers throw animation the timing will be the same.

So no, I'm not wrong.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Hylian is right. All you do is find out when to press grab with the second IC while the first one is in the process of throwing your opponent. You press grab with the second one WHILE you are throwing your opponent, and the grab hitbox will OCCUR right when your opponent leaves the first IC's hand.

Don't most IC players do this already? Isn't buffering your grabs ideal really? I don't see why this wouldn't already take priority on the agenda for IC players. <_<

Lockdown106

Smash Rookie
Some kind of video demonstration would be ideal, I don't think we are all on the same page.

Miller

Smash Lord
I DONT mean buffer with the Z button to grab, i mean buffer the DIRECTIONAL INPUT for the throw BEFORE YOU EVEN grab someone, you will immediately throw them after, then you have to correctly time the grab.

I know, its so confusing its hard for me to explain.

Hylian

Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
I DONT mean buffer with the Z button to grab, i mean buffer the DIRECTIONAL INPUT for the throw BEFORE YOU EVEN grab someone, you will immediately throw them after, then you have to correctly time the grab.

I know, its so confusing its hard for me to explain.
I know exactly what you are saying...I think you are confusing yourself lol. Before I even came into this topic I understood how to do this.

For clarification: You HAVE to grab before you input the direction of the throw. The buffer is done during the grab animation. You don't buffer the grab, you input a direction before your grabbing animation ends.

Miller

Smash Lord

Thanks for clarifying everything, I was just confusing myself, but yea, ill edit the first post with this post

Top Bottom