• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pennsylvania Tournament July 18th

anonymouschris01

Smash Apprentice
Hey everyone just got news that a monthly melee tournament in Pennsylvania have been wanting to have a side 64 bracket but needed someone to be the TO. I decided with some help from our local guys to head up this next tournament in July. (Hopefully it won't be a complete disaster)

Anyway the venue is at the York fairgrounds in York PA, about half an hour from the Maryland border and an hour and a half from Philly. I'll post a link to the website when I get home. Should be enough room for 300 people, they say they usually get around 100 people to sign up for mellee and smash 4. We'll have the place from 9am until midnight on the 18th. We will be recording and streaming as many matches as we can and will have a singles and doubles tournament.

If you'd like to come, it's going to be a $10 entry fee, and $5 each to enter singles and doubles. We'll try to have some tv's there, but anyone comin willing to bring a tv and console would really be appreciated.

This is a monthly thing, which depending on it's success and my availibity I may try to host every other month. Could be some last minute practice before smash con. Feel free to message any questions and if you're planning on coming just post your name so I can get the bracket started, same if you're entering doubles and know who your partner will be.

AthensHorseParty

Smash Journeyman
What are the odds that somebody in Baltimore could house me from the 15th - 18th so I could go to Xanadu and get a ride to this? Also is it actually going to happen?

Last edited:

AthensHorseParty

Smash Journeyman
@ anonymouschris01 anonymouschris01 Let me know ASAP if this is for sure the date, tickets are only gonna go up.

It'd still be way more worth it to go to MD and play at two tournaments with better players. No offense Slidell, LA but I can only afford one Smash excursion this summer and I wanna make it count.

Shears

Smash Master
@ anonymouschris01 anonymouschris01 Let me know ASAP if this is for sure the date, tickets are only gonna go up.

It'd still be way more worth it to go to MD and play at two tournaments with better players. No offense Slidell, LA but I can only afford one Smash excursion this summer and I wanna make it count.
Well smashcon would be the best choice. It's xanadu and then smashcon in one week.

MasterSplinter

Smash Cadet
I will probably be there. I live in Lancaster PA so this is perfect for me. Also I will bring my brother and play doubles when we go. If anybody lives nearby, I'd love to train with you guys on console. I have one at my house so send me a PM if you guys want to play smash64 on console with me.

P.S What is the start time and ETA of the end time?

Splinter

Last edited:

Shears

Smash Master
I will probably be there. I live in Lancaster PA so this is perfect for me. Also I will bring my brother and play doubles when we go. If anybody lives nearby, I'd love to train with you guys on console. I have one at my house so send me a PM if you guys want to play smash64 on console with me.

P.S What is the start time and ETA of the end time?

Splinter
Theres like a bunch of PA guys not far from you. Probably like 15 people.

anonymouschris01

Smash Apprentice
Ya man we all live in Mechanicsburg shippensburg area, like 45 minutes from Lancaster. We can play any time you're free. The venue starts at 9 and we'll have it to midnight. I know I'm heading down to Xanadu next week if you guys want to car pool, or if we don't go to that there is a place we go every once in a while in camp hill.

anonymouschris01

Smash Apprentice
Just bumping this thread, one week until our first tournament at York Fairgrounds. Doors open at 10:00 AM and close at 11:00 PM.

All smash games will be featured along with several other fighting games. Venue fee is $10, dropped to $5 for anyone willing to bring a console and TV.

$5 for doubles which will start at 12:30, $5 for singles starting at 2:00.
Top 2 teams will get a payout, and top three in singles.

We should have at least two set ups streaming all day, and 2 more recording. Hopefully we can get at least all of the tournament matches recorded and uploaded on YouTube.

So far we have about 20 people coming, not including any crossover from other games. I would love to get 30 people signed up, so 64 can be bumped up for a main event next time. Mellee, pm and sm4sh all get about 40 people so we can easily surpass those games if we get some steady commitment.

Hope to see a lot of new and familiar faces, and establish a steady and strong smash scene for PA

Last edited:

anonymouschris01

Smash Apprentice
Definites from our group are

1. Apparition (me)
2. Q!
3. Steven
4. Napkins
5. 6. Master splinter and his brother
7.8.9. Three rando melee kids I convinced to get wrecked.

Maybes are

1. Baasic provided his dumb ass remembers to get some one to cover his shift.
2. Breakthrough if he can get a ride from baasic
3. Breakthroughs brother Butters for same reasons and he wants to come.
4. Myles if he can bare to be without drewdrach.

And I'm expecting a handful of melee guys to enter as well

MasterSplinter

Smash Cadet
Great to meet everyone yesterday! Thanks for all of the advice and the games. Looking forward to seeing all of you guys again at a future Xanadu!

Splinter

Shears

Smash Master
This was a lot of fun. The venue is huge and has a lot of room for some big events, hopefully next time @KeroKeroppi and the koroshiyo**** don't http://cdn.randomfunnypicture.com/pictures/551boomkins.jpg out again. Baltimore invaded and rekt everyone, including lapping all of PA in a 12cb crew battle. Look forward to the next one.

Doubles Results
https://advancedbrackets.com/viewTournament.aspx?id=8458
1 BarkHorse
2 Protag LD
3 Double D
4 Stevie G Jungle
5 Q! Apparition
5 TC1 Catnip
7 Lonkski Foxy
7 Master Splinter Moonshoe

Singles Results
https://advancedbrackets.com/viewTournament.aspx?id=8457
1 LD
2 BarkSanchez
3 Shears
4 DarkHorse
5 Daniel
5 Q!
7 The Protagonist
7 Stevie G
9 Master Splinter
9 Napkins
9 Moonshoe
9 Apparition
13 Jungle
13 Another Comedian
13 Feel_ex
13 KD3
17 thatzoooo
17 Catnip
17 Cag
17 Foxy

anonymouschris01

Smash Apprentice
Thanks for everyone that came and played, it was a great turn out and a lot of fun. Huge shout out to the Baltimore crew that came up in force, helped set up the whole streaming and recording stations, the bracket and bringing tv's and consoles. Also huge shootout to @drewdrach even though he couldn't make the tournament he had almost everyone come back to his house to spend the night and play some awesome friendly matches we recorded.

Definitely will be hosting more of these in the future and hope we can continue to get a bigger and better turn out. Next month we'll take off due to Smashcon going on that month, but as soon as the september date is set I'll begin advertising.

Top Bottom