• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pellicon Brawl

Fierce Deku

Smash Cadet
Super Smash Bros. Brawl Tournament at Pellicon

Saturday, March 26th, 2011
Pellissippi State Community College
10915 Hardin Valley Road
Knoxville, TN 37933-0990

This is a small tournament that will be held during Pellicon, a multi fan base convention about anime, sci-fi, gaming, and all that good stuff: Link to the convention's site. The convention is taking place on March 26th and 27th (Saturday and Sunday) from 10am to 9pm both days. As stated in the header, the Brawl tournament will take place on Saturday evening from 7-9. Brawl stations should also be open for friendlies at various times throughout both days of the con (as of right now I can't say for sure when or how many), and possibly Melee stations will be set up as well.

The details of the tournament/rules can be found here: Link to the Tournament topic at the Pellicon forums. It's fairly standard SBR rules. Note that time limit/set length/single vs double elimination is going to be determined when the tournament starts, based on the number of people who show and the number of stations. We have a limited time to get through this, and it may have to be shorter than the standard double elimination, 8 min timer, etc., just to be sure we have enough time to finish. This obviously isn't a huge community altering tournament or anything, just have fun with it, stay for friendlies whenever we have free stations, or just go to all the other wonderful things happening at the convention.

Entry Fee

As this is being run by a student group at a Collage campus, there's not going to be any sort of pot with money being exchanged or anything like that, as it conflicts with school policy. Entry to the tournament will be totally free. However, getting into the convention itself will cost you around 15 dollars, depending on if you are coming for just one day or the entire convention (Link to registration details). If you bring a Wii and/or TV for us to use, you will get in to the entire con absolutely free for the day(s) that you are bringing said hardware! Ok, due to logistical complications arising from this being at a convention, and me not being deep in the con's inner workings, I can't necessarily make the loan a console/get in free thing work. If you are thinking about bringing a console, I'd still very much appreciate the extra hardware, but you are going to have to talk to me in advance before I can guarantee you anything. If we can work out the logistics of you bringing a console/tv for the tournament, I can guarantee you free entry to the con for both days, but it has to be cleared up IN ADVANCE. Sorry about this.

Sorry for the late notice on this. I'll post more details about friendlies and such as they arise. Hope to see you there!

Fierce Deku

Smash Cadet
Ok, due to logistical complications arising from this being at a convention, and me not being deep in the con's inner workings, I can't necessarily make the loan a console/get in free thing work. If you are thinking about bringing a console, I'd still very much appreciate the extra hardware, but you are going to have to talk to me in advance before I can guarantee you anything. If we can work out the logistics of you bringing a console/tv for the tournament, I can guarantee you free entry to the con for both days, but it has to be cleared up IN ADVANCE. Sorry about this.

Top Bottom