• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pedaphelia, why is it wrong

Status
Not open for further replies.

link6616

Smash Cadet
And pedophilia I consider something that is either more of a health and psychological issue than anything else. That's not the same as homosexuality which is something I believe personally is inborn and uncontrollable. You can't treat homosexuality. You can try to help someone who has pedophilia.

but people did try to treat homosexuality (and they did have 'success' stories too. But, why wouldn't pedophilia be inborn is homosexuality is?

chucklesXcore

Smash Apprentice
but people did try to treat homosexuality (and they did have 'success' stories too. But, why wouldn't pedophilia be inborn is homosexuality is?
well I don't want to turn this into a debate on whether homosexuality is inborn or not, but most who are homosexual will undoubtedly tell you that its something they can't help. I think sexuality is something you really can't "treat" considering it all boils down to natural attraction, but thats a personal opinion that I am not trying to write off as fact.

However, pedophilia is definitely a psychological issue. Inborn? That would just mean you were attracted to kids from day one and always were. Wouldn't make much sense now would it if you are a kid yourself? You wouldn't see anything wrong. I personally see it as more of a psychological issue because it happens with an older person feeling the need to violate a person much younger then themselves. This can be for a slew of reasons...(as someone already stated)they want to fully control someone(or power), never got past their youth(really unlikely), or have something wrong in the head. The last is usually the case, or the first. Its definitely something that is treatable in my own opinion.

chucklesXcore

Smash Apprentice
but this is a different case of sexual attraction, this is definitely outside the realms of normal and a psychological issue. You are attracted to someone years below you in age. Usually for reasons that aren't physical. Granted, I will give you some creepers are just naturally attracted to kids. But since this isn't considered "normal" since its so rare. Its usually something in the person that is not right or imbalanced. Again, psychological issues. Anything thats not normal is usually a problem. Not always of course, but I think its safe to say someone who wants to kill people for fun has a mental issue. People who hear voices in their head have issues. Being sexually attracted to animals is an issue. Being sexually attracted to a child...is definitely an issue. It's not normal.

And before someone says "well homosexuality isn't considered normal". I believe it is. While a minority, there are still quite a few people who are. Its not a rarity. Its not "weird" to be attracted to the same sex. While some ignorant people will be like "ew" because its definitely different, this is just a perspective.

GhostAnime

Smash Ace
but this is a different case of sexual attraction
no it isn't. how much different is it from being homosexual?

chucklesXcore said:
You are attracted to someone years below you in age. Usually for reasons that aren't physical.
then why would they be attracted pray tell?

chucklesXcore said:
Granted, I will give you some creepers are just naturally attracted to kids. But since this isn't considered "normal" since its so rare. Its usually something in the person that is not right or imbalanced. Again, psychological issues. Anything thats not normal is usually a problem. Not always of course, but I think its safe to say someone who wants to kill people for fun has a mental issue. People who hear voices in their head have issues. Being sexually attracted to animals is an issue. Being sexually attracted to a child...is definitely an issue. It's not normal.
all you did was pointed out that it wasn't normal. that doesn't mean they can control it either.

chucklesXcore

Smash Apprentice
no it isn't. how much different is it from being homosexual?

then why would they be attracted pray tell?

all you did was pointed out that it wasn't normal. that doesn't mean they can control it either.
i said its not normal.... thats how its different.

a few others have already stated why they would, but I'll reiterate them. Past issues, the desire to have complete power over another, etc. I mean its not always physical attraction.

and by control, I don't mean they can personally control all by themselves. I think its a psychological issue, which usually can't be treated by yourself. You need help. I'm not sure on any procedures to go about it, so I won't BS it. I'm just saying that in my own opinion I feel it is something treatable, but not really on your own since, naturally, you would feel nothing is wrong with you to begin with. That's kind of what psychological issues are to some extent. Not all are like this, but most people who have problems in the head don't feel they do.

GhostAnime

Smash Ace
i said its not normal.... thats how its different.
i'm talking about in terms of it being a choice.

chucklesXcore said:
a few others have already stated why they would, but I'll reiterate them. Past issues, the desire to have complete power over another, etc. I mean its not always physical attraction.
i'm also referring to people who actually find it natural.

chucklesXcore

Smash Apprentice
i'm talking about in terms of it being a choice.

i'm also referring to people who actually find it natural.
I don't really consider pedophilia a choice. Being unnatural I don't see how a person would choose to be pedofile. A person just doesn't wake up one day and is like "you know what, I think I'll start checking out little kids today" It just happens.

That said, its still unnatural. You would think by what I just said thats defining it as natural, but thats not what I'm implying. Its a disorder. Some people really do find it natural, but that doesn't mean it IS natural. The people who think it is natural would probably be the one who are attracted to kids.

chucklesXcore

Smash Apprentice
i can't tell what you're trying to say. these contradict.
maybe I'm just having a hard time trying to get across what I'm trying to say.

would you say a mental illness or problem is natural? its a problem....so its definitely not natural.

Just because you can't control it doesn't mean its not a problem. When I say it can be treated, thats different than self-control. I mean it can be helped, but I don't think its very easy to do that on your own if at all considering the person with the problem doesn't think they have one.

hope that clears things up...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom