• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Peculiar Audio Files Uncovered in Smash Bros. 3DS

The Derrit

Smash Lord
BRoomer
A hacker on sounds-resource.com has allegedly found a few unusual audio clips within the Smash Bros. 3DS cartridge. These sounds all come from the announcer, who mentions several modes and features not (currently) found within the game. While it is possible that the files are an elaborate hoax, they sound quite convincing, and mention some pretty interesting potential features such as a Yellow Team, Event Mode, and... 8-Man Smash? Listen below to hear them all.

What do you think of these sounds? Are they real? Make your voice heard in the comments below!

Smash World sounds interesting to The Derrit. Chat with him on Twitter at @TheDerrit.

D

Deleted member

Hmm... kinda like how there was a Mewtwo announce sound in Brawl.

Last edited by a moderator:

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
Foreshadowing for the Wii U version, accidental leftover or cut content?

Time will tell.

Last edited:

Largo Shogun

Smash Cadet
Maybe these are for updates made after the Wii U launch, or just plain scrapped modes/features.

Zero Suit Wario

Smash Ace
NNID
Candytechnics
3DS FC
4081-6017-8838
Switch FC
SW 3576 5099 8787
What if he's just a good impressionist? edit: lol im tired but you get what i meant

Last edited:

HellTyrant

Smash Cadet
8 player would be interesting but messy, Event Mode was something I thought would be back for the 3DS

D

Deleted member

In that case, only the name file for Mewtwo's, Roy's and Dr. Mario's announcer sample were found. The actual files were empty.
Oh. Derp, I should've known. There were also corresponding .pac files, I think.

Aninymouse

3DS Surfer
3DS FC
3540-0120-0225
These all seem like things I would expect to see in the WiiU version, personally.

Although, 3DS will eventually get Amiibo, so there's that.

Last edited:

ClubbyBear

Smash Journeyman
Those arrows were part of the Mii Fighter section of the roster that the Announcer mentioned. Also willing to bet now that the stage arrows were from the stage builder, but it was scrapped and turned into Smash Run

itsameluigi1290

Smash Journeyman
NNID
luigitime1290
Smash World? Sounds cool. It'd be nice if it was leftover data meant for the Wii U version or something.

Xuan Wu

Valor Ablaze
NNID
Xuanwu_2014
An 8-player Smash doesn't sound very far-fetched at all, with many different control options available as well as characters having up to 8 different palette swaps. Since there are two USB ports on the Wii U, it may be possible to connect up to 8 GameCube controllers using two GC controller adapters.

Also, do you know what this means for the future of Smash machinima? The possibilities are just endless!

^-^

Last edited:

ShadyWolfe

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ShaDow94
3DS FC
1203-9253-9419
This is obviously for when the 3DS Smash Connects to the Wii U version these are the Wii U exclusive modes don't look into it too much
th.jpg

Last edited:

Auramaniji

Roasted!
NNID
N/A

(If this pictures hurts anyone, i'll be glad to take it down. :/)
On the serious side, an 8-player match would be awesome but I don't really think the 3ds can handle it. We did see the ice climbers get dropped, because it could not take 8-players on screen.

Last edited:

Shirma Akayaku

Smash Lord
NNID
Toadette75
Switch FC
SW-3818-9526-0298
Some people have thought the 8 player audio to be part of some kind of tourney mode, specifically Rotation Tourney from Brawl, which could support up to 8 players. The only problem I see is that Brawl had a limit of 16, not 8.

Last edited:

gridatttack

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Gridatttack
So, the second video has the announcer said "Smash World"

Didn't this "Smash World" mode was leaked by Mr. Prince/Tower of Smash leaker the past Month? O.o

Last edited:

RedFly

Smash Lord
NNID
RedFlyNinja
3DS FC
0018-1836-2825
If 3ds cant handle these little devils :icsmelee::popo: there's no way 8 player is happening........ Wii U however.
Ice Climbers Cheer sounds are in the game, Proving that the team really did try to put them in.

Jaxas

Smash Champion
NNID
Jaxas7
8 Man Smash sounds awesome, especially if they add a 4th team as well.
I wouldn't want to be stuck using the 3DS as a controller myself, though... do we know if the GC Adapter uses both USB ports yet? I seem to remember seeing that it had 2 plugs

U-Throw

Smash Lord
NNID
GKB21101
Yellow Team? Freaking cool, but no real purpose for it, except for the 8 Player Smash thing, but then you would need 3 other team colors if we're following the traditional Smash-formula. Seems legit, though. 8 Player Smash sounds super cool. I'd really like it if this turns out to be true. And what's this "Smash World" thing. I need to know...

RedFly

Smash Lord
NNID
RedFlyNinja
3DS FC
0018-1836-2825
Wow, Nintendo pretty much just leaked out future modes for the Wii U version. Ah well.

HYPE FOR 8 PLAYER SMASH

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
So, the second video has the announcer said "Smash World"

Didn't this "Smash World" mode was leaked by Mr. Prince/Tower of Smash leaker the past Month? O.o
Wait what?

Is...is Sakurai watching my mind?

I've always had the idea for a Subspace-esque mode called "Super Smash World".

Anyway, worth noting, but even without hacking, one of the announcer's voice clips in Sound Test has him say "Special Smash" - a mode not found in the 3DS version.

Ganreizu

Smash Ace
If 3ds cant handle these little devils :icsmelee::popo: there's no way 8 player is happening........ Wii U however.
No. Like i said in another thread, there's a difference between a character that can't exist in both versions and a mode that was never planned to exist in both versions.

Ryu_Ken

Ace Adventurer and Truth Seeker
NNID
Sorastar9
3DS FC
4725-8061-1333
Either this is cut content or content meant for Wii U. Those are some very likely options (not that they're the only ones).

DoodleDuck97

Smash Hero
Living in a peacefull place on nowhere islands.
No. Like i said in another thread, there's a difference between a character that can't exist in both versions and a mode that was never planned to exist in both versions.
Ice climbers would count as 8 fighters on screen at once there's no way the 3DS can handle that and I never stated the Wii U couldn't.........
Wii U, Final destination,8 player, 16 ice climbers, only Lag but what glorious lag it shall be.

Last edited:

Sarki Soliloquy

Smash Champion
Smash World/Smash Run dichotomy confirmed? Boss Battles giving more credence to ToS Leak? GameXplain discussion imminent?

If SSBU has something truly amazing in store, I might have to save Bayo 2 and MK8 DLC for some rainy day purchases. >,<

Ganreizu

Smash Ace
Ice climbers would count as 8 fighters on screen at once there's no way the 3DS can handle that and I never stated the Wii U couldn't.........
Wii U, Final destination,8 player, 16 ice climbers, only Lag but what glorious lag it shall be.
"A character that can't exist on both versions" = ice climbers can't run on 3DS.

"a mode that was never planned to exist on both versions" = 8 player smash can't run on 3DS AND WAS NEVER PLANNED TO RUN ON IT IN THE FIRST PLACE.

If ice climbers were planned to be wii u only, they would be in the game. Sakurai promised there wouldn't be any characters exclusive to one version, so ice climbers can't be in the game. 8 player smash existing has nothing to do with the ice climbers because neither the ice climbers nor 8 player smash can function on the 3DS, but sakurai never promised that there wouldn't be any modes exclusive to one version. You cannot tie ice climbers to 8 player smash as justification for why ice climbers should exist.

Good day sir.

Last edited:

ryuu seika

Smash Master
Ice climbers would count as 8 fighters on screen at once there's no way the 3DS can handle that...
4 x Rosalina on Magicant with 5 Flying Men. That's 4 characters, 9 semi-characters and as many assist trophies and pokemon as you see fit to add. If the 3DS can handle what it has in, ICs probably wouldn't have been an issue in For Glory.

DoodleDuck97

Smash Hero
Living in a peacefull place on nowhere islands.
"A character that can't exist on both versions" = ice climbers can't run on 3DS.

"a mode that was never planned to exist on both versions" = 8 player smash can't run on 3DS AND WAS NEVER PLANNED TO RUN ON IT IN THE FIRST PLACE.

If ice climbers were planned to be wii u only, they would be in the game. Sakurai promised there wouldn't be any characters exclusive to one version, so ice climbers can't be in the game. 8 player smash existing has nothing to do with the ice climbers because neither the ice climbers nor 8 player smash can function on the 3DS, but sakurai never promised that there wouldn't be any modes exclusive to one version. You cannot tie ice climbers to 8 player smash as justification for why ice climbers should exist.

Good day sir.
Sakurai is the king of me and the other :troll: of the internet I will never trust him these guys are coming back I can really feel it :4shulk:

Top Bottom