• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Peanut gun technique

xReDEMx

Smash Apprentice
i've noticed that there arnt many ways u can you use the peanut gun for ur advantage

im sure theres something its good for but what??

ive used it for a cancel on falcos phantasm when he gets on the lvl

but thats just me =]

does anyone have a good way of using it??

Nitrix

Smash Ace
I use it to mix up my game and to keep pressure on my oponents. When playing Diddy your entire game revolves around keeping pressure on your oponents. Sometimes oponents will try to make an aerial approach on you in order to avoid bananas and thats when you shoot 'em with peanuts. It helps cancel aserial approaches and can hurt people who try to escape your banana range.

saberhof

Smash Master
!!!PLEASE CHECK THE STICKIES!!!

and if they dont have info ill just sum this up

Peanut gun can cancel lots of bad recoveries and leaves them open for some edgeguarding tech's...

you can cancel your shot by shielding immediately so it freaks out opponents, you can also point it in the other direction right when it starts.

it can be used as a recovery technique, using the turning method, you charge the whole shot and you will fly horizontally kind of downwards :O...and from there you can jump>sideb/Up-b i don't know...

you can spam it, but once your opponents know it doesnt have much stun on it, they will come get you..:O

thats all i know...

pastaboy

Smash Champion
glide tossing backwards and shotting it works well, definitly tricks your oppenents and works well on characters that approch you in the air liek kirby or peach

Vall3y

Smash Lord
peanut gun owns
there are vids of gano vs dedede that feature amazing zoning with peanut spam and up thrown bananas

underscore_

Smash Journeyman
my favorite thing is when that one lucky peanut knocks somebody like snake off when theyre inputting a move so they to fair by accident and die : )

white peachy

Smash Ace
charged peanut gun allows for spacing. If and opponent is coming at you from the air (usually a recovery) you can fire the gun and then follow up with a fsmash/dsmash grab with some success. It can also be used to set up a fair with edguarding and gimping crappy recoveries.

HMD

Smash Journeyman
People use the peanut gun to stop people like falco's blaster but worse and it does damage to the highest it can go is 18%

Slurpee

Smash Rookie
I actually use it for a variety of reasons, but still not often. I'll list them here in order of what I believe to be most useful to least.

1. To throw off the opponent and keep the unexpectancy level up.

2. To block other projectiles.

3. To use as a ledge move; holding ledge, drop down, air jump, tap B, grab ledge again.

4. To throw off opponents using Popgun Cancel. Cancelling into a grab works well against some people, because since peanut has the second lowest knokback in the game, they'll come in to attack, and you grab em.

5. To dodge attacks or to recover. These are together because they are executed the same. In the air charge it and let go, and it will push you back. This can be very useful for mindgames, throwing off the opponent, and if facing the right way, recovery.

6.To break so you can eat the peanuts. It's hard to do this, but it's always useful just to pull out the gun for some healing oppurtunity.

And lucky number seven, To do damage. Lol, okay but really, it's pretty underrated, and people should see some uses that it has. Not often does the right situation arise, but when it does, have the Peanut Popgun in mind. Diddy for god tier! :D

BudaBoy

Smash Cadet
Slurpee, gotta add gimping to that list. Double aerial banana facing in -> b-reversal popgun -> ledge grab = ultimate crappy recovery gimper. Save the spikes for the D3's and R.O.B.'s.

Top Bottom