• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Peach's Turnips

awesome13579

Smash Rookie
In Melee Peach's turnips would bounce off one another, while in PM it doesn't. I feel that it would be better if they did bounce, for it can add additional (albeit gimmicky) pressure. She has this in Melee and should be transferred to PM.

Babatunde

Smash Journeyman
NNID
BABS!
3DS FC
2938-7558-8507
I don't think they should, that would limit her AGT (Aerial Glide toss) options in the air with 2 Turnips thrown vertically to like, 5 upward AGTs after that being a great invincibility diminishing option.

So having turnips hit each other would limit a great AT of hers (That she shares with 2 other characters but she has more creative options with it) in terms of creativity, And Peach is the Queen of creativity <3

awesome13579

Smash Rookie
I don't think they should, that would limit her AGT (Aerial Glide toss) options in the air with 2 Turnips thrown vertically to like, 5 upward AGTs after that being a great invincibility diminishing option.

So having turnips hit each other would limit a great AT of hers (That she shares with 2 other characters but she has more creative options with it) in terms of creativity, And Peach is the Queen of creativity <3

If this is the only way you feel Peach can stall, then you must not be too good with Peach. Her agt is near useless, for she needs to space properly with her float anyway. As for being above an opponent, her falling down options are very limited. Having the turnips bounce off each other. would apply more shield pressure, just like in melee. PM is supposed to do what is best, and melee Peach players take advantage of this bounce from time to time.

Babatunde

Smash Journeyman
NNID
BABS!
3DS FC
2938-7558-8507
Exactly how practical is this though? Not to say that AGT is the only option, but its just another one that Peach can use for when jumping off the stage then coming back with a turnip gets read.
(Also AGT has a Boatload of uses but ill stay on topic here)
I just feel that the whole turnips bouncing off each other pressure technique is gimmicky and that Peach dosen't need it. If i want a wall of shield pressure ill just use FC Fair to Dsmash.

awesome13579

Smash Rookie
Exactly how practical is this though? Not to say that AGT is the only option, but its just another one that Peach can use for when jumping off the stage then coming back with a turnip gets read.
(Also AGT has a Boatload of uses but ill stay on topic here)
I just feel that the whole turnips bouncing off each other pressure technique is gimmicky and that Peach dosen't need it. If i want a wall of shield pressure ill just use FC Fair to Dsmash.
With Peach's better recovery in PM, she doesn't need AGT. If your best way of shield pressure with Peach is FC fair --> Dsmash, then you are not a good Peach player. She has many, MANY better options, some that include bouncing turnips. But turnips only bounce in melee, the superior game that actually takes skill and is not shield-grab heavy. PM backroom should fix the turnips.

~Frozen~

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Frozen491
3DS FC
3909-8017-8600
But turnips only bounce in melee, the superior game that actually takes skill and is not shield-grab heavy. PM backroom should fix the turnips.

only bounce in melee, the superior game that actually takes skill

melee, the superior game
LOL.

Just wanna say that with Brawl shield knockback you slide farther when you're attacked in shield making shield grabbing less of a possibility in some cases for a LOT of characters unless you're someone like Marth/Charizard/DK/Dedede with an obnoxious grab range. Not to mention we have Melee shield stun, So I'd say PM is far from "shield-grab heavy" as you put it.

But please, enlighten me sir, as to how Melee takes more "skill" and is superior. Because I'll love to hear your completely opinionated reply, because saying something is superior is already an opinion as is.

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
Coding limitation. Would if we could. Sorry.

Babatunde

Smash Journeyman
NNID
BABS!
3DS FC
2938-7558-8507
Even if Melee is the "Superior game", You should accept the fact that this is Project M, which is a modification of Brawl that aims to be the best of Melee, as well as Brawl. And Peach having a glide toss that she can use with her turnips on the ground, as well as in the air, is a perfect example of this ambition being fulfilled.

Top Bottom