• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Peach's turnips in 3.5

666blaziken

Smash Journeyman
Melee, peach's hitboxes on her turnip's have around 3 circles near the stem of the vegetable. In project M, her turnip hitbox is smaller and it's one circle that's closer to the white part of the turnip. This has caused more times where the opponent get's hit by a backward hitbox. I am wondering if this is intentional or a mistake in coding. Please let me know.

666blaziken

Smash Journeyman
COuld you provide a GIF of the Project M turnip hitboxes, and Melee if possible?
while not a gif, here's the hitboxes. Keep in mind that I am fine with this, but I know some other people are not, and if the hitbox could be changed and altered a little bit, that would be sweet (I just said that in peach's voice). So the question is: is this intentional?

Attachments

TimeSmash

Smash Champion
NNID
nintend64
That's actually really helpful, thanks! While I can't exactly answer your question, my speculation would be that the one hitbox seems more uniform to to the turnip versus the three hitboxes in Melee's version. However, I don't know exactly what you mean by backwards hitbox.

While we're talking about turnips though, I do wonder if they'll restore the ability where turnips bounced off eachother instead of phasing into each other. The best way to picture this is think of Peach throwing turnips directly up in PM,versus in Melee, where they bounced off eachother

666blaziken

Smash Journeyman
That's actually really helpful, thanks! While I can't exactly answer your question, my speculation would be that the one hitbox seems more uniform to to the turnip versus the three hitboxes in Melee's version. However, I don't know exactly what you mean by backwards hitbox.

While we're talking about turnips though, I do wonder if they'll restore the ability where turnips bounced off eachother instead of phasing into each other. The best way to picture this is think of Peach throwing turnips directly up in PM,versus in Melee, where they bounced off eachother
Strongbad already said that they can't restore the turnips bouncing off each other anymore, however I can explain the backwards hitbox. In melee, there is a backwards hitbox when the lower left part of the turnip hits the opponent (assuming you're throwing to the right and hitting the opponent who is trying to recover). In project M, because the hitbox is more circular than rectangular (even though both are circles) there are times where even if the opponent is right below the turnip because the way the turnip hit them sends them the wrong way more often then in melee, especially with the way sheik recovers. It could lead to frusteration if there is a gimp attempt and it actually helps the opponent survive. It's funny because when I showed this to my roomate, he said that the PMDT intentionally changed the hitbox to nerf the turnips, and since I didn't have any proof that they didn't, I decided to go on smashboards.

TimeSmash

Smash Champion
NNID
nintend64
I know EXACTLY what you're talking about now! I'd agree this definitely needs to be talked about, as turnips can only do so much already. Why take away our gimps too?

I'm not sure who on the PMDT is responsible for Peach programming, or I guess turnip programming in this case. I'll try to do some looking around

ChiePet

*~About That BASS.~*
NNID
ChiePet
>...nerf turnips-
WHAT? Knew there was something off!
#RestoreTurnipBS
#TurnUp

TimeSmash

Smash Champion
NNID
nintend64
So I tried to post in the social forum and got pretty ignored haha. Maybe @StrongBad can point us in the right direction? Pretty please?????

666blaziken

Smash Journeyman
Now we just have to wait until a PMDT member comes around and explains why peach's turnips are different.

TimeSmash

Smash Champion
NNID
nintend64
Do we have any inkling at all as to who works on her? It's a little annoying we can't always hear the rationale from a specific developer, though I fully get why the PMDT doesn't want to disclose that info.

666blaziken

Smash Journeyman
Do we have any inkling at all as to who works on her? It's a little annoying we can't always hear the rationale from a specific developer, though I fully get why the PMDT doesn't want to disclose that info.
Actually, I think the person who would have the best idea over it would be Frozen since he uses peach in melee.

Top Bottom