• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Peach's Turnip Combos

gagelax

Smash Apprentice
NNID
GageLax
3DS FC
4699-6577-1898
Hey everyone! I was scrolling through the peach boards and while I did see some threads on turnip usage and a few more on combos in general, I didn't see any threads specifically about the combination: Peach's Turnip's Combo Game.

I feel this topic deserves it's own thread as there are many different set-ups and way to combo with Peach's turnips, whether it be SH Turnip -> Fair, or JC Turnip Throw -> Grab. The turnip combo just go down so deep with all of the possibilities; a separate thread is needed to discuss their uses.

In this thread, share any ideas you have about combos with turnips: the set-ups, applications, usage, etc. Give examples, videos, and thoughts about her turnip combos.

Overall, this thread is based on creativity and being able to creatively combo into or from turnips. Feel free to give any input or ideas you may have.

Have a peachy day!

gagelax

Smash Apprentice
NNID
GageLax
3DS FC
4699-6577-1898
To start off the thread, I will give an example of some turnip combos I was messing around with today on for glory.

Here is a video provided with timestamps, breaking down the combo and telling when it happened. http://youtu.be/9oKSUW082GQ

0:29 ~ Turnip Pull -> Smash Throw Upwards -> Turnip Pull -> Pivot Throw -> A (Catch airborne turnip) -> Standard Throw

0:34 ~ Turnip Pull -> Smash Throw Upwards -> Turnip Pull -> Pivot Jump Throw -> Airborne Turnip -> Nair

1:02 ~ Turnip Pull -> Smash Throw Upwards -> Turnip Pull -> Short Hop Smash Throw -> Nair (Catch Airborne Turnip) -> Smash Throw -> Short Hop Fair (Catch Turnip) -> Shorthop -> Throw -> Nair (Catch Turnip)

As you can see, all of these combos were started by what you could call a 'turnip juggle.' These were all done by throwing a turnip in the air, then plucking another turnip and throwing it, then catching the turnip you threw in the air and saving it.

Although all of these combos started out the same way, based on the situation they were taken a different direction. I do think turnip juggling has potential as it covers many options, plays mind games, and can be heavily extended (as shown in the third combo.)

DSKA

Smash Rookie
NNID
Farorecast
Thanks for the videos. I think sniping with a turnip off stage is a good option.
If they air dodge, you confirm f air.
Kills early too.
And you can gimp certain characters with the turnip.

AncientCode42

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Surge_Production
This is very interesting. As a Peach main I do struggle when learning her because she's difficult to learn. But she's so fun to use. I often use Turnips and use them for set-ups. I've done Turnips into grabs, Nair and D-throw bair. I also like to SH, throw turnip down catch it again while using nair, really good for pressure. It's fun to bait opponents into an air dodge too. But these combos I didn't know about but will keep in mind.

gagelax

Smash Apprentice
NNID
GageLax
3DS FC
4699-6577-1898
This is very interesting. As a Peach main I do struggle when learning her because she's difficult to learn. But she's so fun to use. I often use Turnips and use them for set-ups. I've done Turnips into grabs, Nair and D-throw bair. I also like to SH, throw turnip down catch it again while using nair, really good for pressure. It's fun to bait opponents into an air dodge too. But these combos I didn't know about but will keep in mind.
Yeah, all of those are pretty good set-ups; I love to re-catch with nair like that, too,

Tha_Crystal_Gemz

Smash Journeyman
NNID
miki-iki
3DS FC
4425-1738-4816
Switch FC
SW-5889-0433-4399
This may be very nooby of me, but what is a pivot throw/jump throw? Never heard of this.

Last edited:

pokio55

Smash Cadet
NNID
Pokio55
This may be very nooby of me, but what is a pivot throw/jump throw? Never heard of this.
Iirc A pivot throw is when you are in your dash animation, then you turn around and jump cancel throw the object you want to let loose. To jump cancel throw you want to jump and press your attack button. Should work lol

Tha_Crystal_Gemz

Smash Journeyman
NNID
miki-iki
3DS FC
4425-1738-4816
Switch FC
SW-5889-0433-4399
Iirc A pivot throw is when you are in your dash animation, then you turn around and jump cancel throw the object you want to let loose. To jump cancel throw you want to jump and press your attack button. Should work lol
Oh, dude, I do that. I guess I just never heard of that term. Thanks for the explanation.

gagelax

Smash Apprentice
NNID
GageLax
3DS FC
4699-6577-1898
So, added this to my play recently, but a cool little trick is to

Smash Throw Turnip Upwards -> Turnip Pull -> Smash Throw Up -> Full hop -> catch with grab -> fade to the side and z-drop. It creates 2 turnips falling side by side together and covers some good space, credit goes to EOE for the inspiration on it.

marc0polo

Smash Cadet
NNID
NoticeMeKohai
When do you find opportunities to pull two turnips like that? I only ever try that when my opponent is dead, but then the turnips aren't really being useful (I think)...

gagelax

Smash Apprentice
NNID
GageLax
3DS FC
4699-6577-1898
When do you find opportunities to pull two turnips like that? I only ever try that when my opponent is dead, but then the turnips aren't really being useful (I think)...
When you hit opponents away, when they miss a tech, when they're on the ledge. Once you start using it you'll just find out when you can or cant use it

Top Bottom