• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Peach's movement abilities.

Neku ネク

Smash Apprentice
I had a few questions on what Peach was able to do based on how she can move.

Specifically, can she do things like Perfect Pivot, Pivot Smashes, Ledge Trumping (tested, she's able to do this), and things of this nature. I don't know all the weird little skills fighters can do (aside from what I mentioned) so I was wondering what she's capable of doing. I know her speed isn't the best which can be a huge hindrance towards her versatility, so yeah.

What's her strengths with these abilities?

gagelax

Smash Apprentice
NNID
GageLax
3DS FC
4699-6577-1898
Peach can perfect pivot, and pivot smash. All characters can do this, to my knowledge. To answer your question on those two, her strengths with those abilities are that with pivot smashing, the golf club has a crazy range with the pivot smash, like any character you can space your opponent by running away and then immediatley pivot smash to catch their approach. As for perfect pivoting, I am unsure as a 3DS player, I myself can't really perfect pivot to an ability to which I can perfect pivot with ease. I feel peach can do some cool stuff with perfect pivoting with a turnip in hand. As for movement, I'm not sure if you are aware of or are taking note of Peach's QFR? Peach actually has some amazing movement with her float. Here's a video breaking down the Quick Float Release. (QFR) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B2DBJAMHfyU. Peach can do a lot of cool movements other than QFR like ground floating then fast falling out of the float and ground floating again, short floating and then fast falling, and mixing in dash dancing or a single dash and peach has incredible movement. Have I answered your questions, and do you have any more?

Neku ネク

Smash Apprentice
Peach can perfect pivot, and pivot smash. All characters can do this, to my knowledge. To answer your question on those two, her strengths with those abilities are that with pivot smashing, the golf club has a crazy range with the pivot smash, like any character you can space your opponent by running away and then immediatley pivot smash to catch their approach. As for perfect pivoting, I am unsure as a 3DS player, I myself can't really perfect pivot to an ability to which I can perfect pivot with ease. I feel peach can do some cool stuff with perfect pivoting with a turnip in hand.
I know about QFR and the dash dancing and dash QFR. Those were some of the first videos I've viewed and incorporated into my style. Aside from that, I think you answered my questions. I currently play on the 3DS but I have access to a WiiU to practice so I was wondering if it (what I asked above) was possible at all. My roommate mains Fox and through him and CPU playstyles I've seen them do running Smashes along with pivot smashing. I guess I just need to learn the button presses to practice. I wasn't sure if Peach was able to do these due to her speed (comparing that to Fox, he has more options to slide along the stage at high speeds).

gagelax

Smash Apprentice
NNID
GageLax
3DS FC
4699-6577-1898
I know about QFR and the dash dancing and dash QFR. Those were some of the first videos I've viewed and incorporated into my style. Aside from that, I think you answered my questions. I currently play on the 3DS but I have access to a WiiU to practice so I was wondering if it (what I asked above) was possible at all. My roommate mains Fox and through him and CPU playstyles I've seen them do running Smashes along with pivot smashing. I guess I just need to learn the button presses to practice. I wasn't sure if Peach was able to do these due to her speed (comparing that to Fox, he has more options to slide along the stage at high speeds).
Any character can perfect pivot and pivot smash regardless of their speed. I will say though that some characters have better perfect pivots than others. Glad I could help!

Neku ネク

Smash Apprentice
hmm.. so can you control the distance you go back when you are trumped?
I would assume yes. If you're fast with your button presses and you press in the opposite direction (meaning if you're hanging from the left, someone trumps you, you fly back), you should be able to fly closer towards the stage. From my experience with Peach (mostly), she can move closer but at a slower speed than most characters (since she's lightweight).

So like: Peach would be grabbing the ledge (shown by the bottom P), and if trumped and the user is pressing the button to a hard right, she would end up somewhere around where the top P is. This is what I've noticed when I have been trumped.

(sorry about the hyphens. Tabbing isn't allowed, apparently.)

-------------------P
-------------------____________
------------------P

Last edited:
Top Bottom