• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Peach vs. Jigglypuff Advice?

ckj846

Smash Rookie
I'm not a very great Peach player (actually started just a few months ago), but I'm fairly decent. I've been practicing control and timing with her moves and I fair pretty well against all opponents except for fox and jigglypuff. For me, I'm mostly in the air with Peach but I get murdered by Jigglypuff. Are there any good techniques to use against Jigglypuff? It's hard to combo her because she's so lightweight and goes flying whenever I do anything (it's hard to get her with a good dsmash...).

Any tips would be helpful. Thanks in advance!

$BONE$

Smash Ace
You have to use your turnips against her when you get the opportunity to if you want to get in. Try not to give jiggs an idea with what you're going to do with the turnips either because it will give you A LOT more to work with if youre not predictable with them.

If you keep as close as you can to jigglypuff and bait her in with turnips-- (because she wont come close to you otherwise), you'll have the upperhand in most situations. It works suprisingly well for me.

Try this,
Pull out a turnip, KEEP it in your hand and try to approach jigglypuff when shes spamming WoP, dont roll into her either. When shes backs up after she hits you/or lands behind you and becomes out of grab range, throw your turnip at her (since sheild grabbing never really works on jigglypuff players who space their aerial approaches on you, which basically is the idea behind WoP) and pressure youself into her, get as close as you can. When you have a turnip in your hand it will pressure jigglypuff to get close to you (only because she cant compete with projectiles.. and basically when that happens, you have to play sheild games with her. You have to practice doing b-air/n-air/f-air and short/full hop d-airs out of your sheild.

Its better to not compete with her in the air. She has more priority. Try to keep it on the ground. If you know how to DJC your aerials it will help alot in this match up because it will bring you to the ground faster than actually jumping out of your sheild to N-air her (which will leave you vulnerable) just make sure you L-cancel if you try to DJC because theres alot of lag after peaches aerials which normally lead to nasty consequences..

Heres an example.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=ITW4kg9FYs0
http://youtube.com/watch?v=N0JjBXIZXcE

ckj846

Smash Rookie
Sorry for such a novice response but what is WoP? I know it's Wall of Pain but I'm not exactly sure what that is. And I really need to learn to keep on the ground more because that often leads to my downfall as a peach player. It seems that her bair has a lot more priority then I thought, I think I'll start using it more often with short hops.

Thanks for the advice!

Goodies

Smash Apprentice
WoP = Wall of Pain. It's basically just bair spamming from Jigglypuff. Of course you know that Jiggs aerials have a lot of priority and it's an effective strategy against most characters who rely on aerial approaches such as Peach.

Bones pretty much summarized how to play the matchup though. You want to have a strong turnip game where you pressure aerials from Jiggz and punish quickly with your own using a mixture of DJC's and grabs. Play close attention to how the Jiggz player sets up Rest Combos too. Frustrating the player with the above tactics will make it difficult for him to initiate those combos once you understand those habits.

Edgeguarding Jiggz will be kinda tricky. The most effective way to edgeguard Jiggz would be to bait the Pound and use turnip to help with that and punish with Uair or Nair. You can even dash into shield and shield grab -> fthrow if you expect a Pound ( Over B). This will be a very long match and annoying match.

Top Bottom